• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cluster Meeting Success: Chicken Dish from Food Network's "Cooking For Real

In summary, the recipe for the Chicken Dish from Food Network's "Cooking For Real" is called "Spicy Honey-Glazed Chicken with Scallions" and can be found on the Food Network website or in the "Cooking For Real" cookbook by Sunny Anderson. The ingredients needed for the dish include bone-in chicken thighs, honey, soy sauce, hot sauce, garlic, scallions, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. The total cooking time is about 45 minutes, with 30 minutes of marinating time and 15 minutes of cooking time. The dish can be made ahead of time by marinating the chicken and chopping the scallions, but it is best to cook it right before serving for the
casescafe
We hosted our monthly cluster meeting at our home last evening. Everyone was asked to make a dish to share & I had the luxury of using my own kitchen, so I decided to make a variation of a dish we saw on the Food Network Show, "Cooking For Real." Sunny Anderson made this recipe with shrimp, however, I changed it around for use with chicken.

Since everyone at the meeting begged me for the recipe, I thought I would also share it with chefsuccess. So, here you go... ENJOY!

Attachments

• Johns Awesome Pot Pies.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 265
OHHH sounds Yummy!!! Printing as I type - thanks!

Sunny's Spicy Chicken & RiceIngredients:1 cup long-grain rice2 cups chicken broth1 tablespoon olive oil4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon black pepper1/4 teaspoon garlic powder1/4 teaspoon onion powder1/4 teaspoon paprika1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's RedHot)1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles1 cup frozen corn1 cup frozen peas1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantroSour cream, for servingDirections:1. In a medium saucepan, combine the rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 18 minutes. 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. 3. Stir in the hot sauce, diced tomatoes, corn, and peas. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. 4. Fluff the rice with a fork and add it to the skillet with the chicken mixture. Stir to combine. 5. Top with shredded cheese and cilantro. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.

What is the recipe for the Chicken Dish from Food Network's "Cooking For Real" that is often discussed at cluster meetings?

The recipe is called "Spicy Honey-Glazed Chicken with Scallions" and can be found on the Food Network website or in the "Cooking For Real" cookbook by Sunny Anderson.

What ingredients are needed for the Chicken Dish?

The ingredients include bone-in chicken thighs, honey, soy sauce, hot sauce, garlic, scallions, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper.

How long does it take to cook the Chicken Dish?

The total cooking time is about 45 minutes, with 30 minutes of marinating time and 15 minutes of cooking time.

Can the Chicken Dish be made ahead of time?

Yes, you can marinate the chicken and chop the scallions ahead of time, but it is best to cook the dish right before serving for the freshest flavors.

What is the best way to serve the Chicken Dish at a cluster meeting?

The Chicken Dish can be served on its own as a main dish, or alongside rice or a salad for a complete meal. It is also a great dish to bring to potlucks or picnics.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Staci
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies