• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Success With Small Cluster Meetings

In summary, the small group of people that meet monthly are not as engaged as they once were. The summary does not mention anything about the problem of not being able to follow the training.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
I only have 5 locals on my team, and often with 1-2 out of town, we have about 2-3 in attendance...

Please share if you've had cluster meetings with this small of a group, and keeping up the momentum and making it a real FUN and informatative atmosphere.

Thanks -

My meeting this month is on the june 23rd

Heather, we have ALL started out this way and it is very difficult at first. What I did was plan a meeting with a fun activity, but if some were having a specific problem, we would switch to training and a sharing mode to help them step over the obstacle in their way.

What I wish I would have done is what I do now. I request an RSVP and let the team know that if I do not have an RSVP then I will not have enough hand outs. Now I am not in my own home so I don't have access to a copier. (I do make a couple extra copies, but not many and I have run out before because someone did not RSVP)

It is difficult to follow some of the training modules because they have you "break out into groups". You can still do the training, but have them share their answers as if they were in a group.

They will come away from the meeting having fun when they learn new tidbits to help them grow their business. I have had meetings where I thought no one got anything out of it and later talk to someone that said they got so much out of it that they were motivated to get on the phone.

You WILL grow and eventually, you will have larger numbers to work with. You can always assign one of your consultants to cover a topic. Go over it with them before the meeting (to make sure they have all bases covered) and then let them present it. Whether it be a recipe, a demo or any kind of a small training lesson. They will feel part of the team and they will get a taste of confidence that maybe THEY can be a director too!!!:party:

My trainings are always 1-3 people. No matter what I do, I cannot make it a priority for them to come. This is one of the most frustrating aspects of my biz.I used to use the meeting planner from the directory. Now I gather them together and we go around the room and I ask them what they are challenged with and what they want to work on and we do that. Some even call me the day of the meeting and tell me what they want to work on.So for now that is what I am doing. Working with those who want help and are willing...

My director and I were just talking about our lack of attendance at meetings. I personally think there is much less of a need for them these days. Back in the olden days the monthly meetings were a lifeline. We had a telephone and a couple page typed up HO monthly newsletter- that was it. Now there's websites,video trainings and online courses, emails, and a monthly newsletter equal to a small magazine. My consultants consider meetings optional and I only have 1 who comes every month. I come also for all the friendships I've made but if new consultants don't come regularly they don't make those friendships either.
I think it's a trend rather then something temporary and monthly meetings may go the route of the dinosaur in the distant future.

I agree. I have had up to 10 at my meeting but the last 2 months I was down to 3 and I didn't lose any consultants - they just didn't make it the priority. One said she couldn't come because of the price of gas.

We have to find ways to make them want to be there. The problem for me is that the more I plan the fewer that come. They were excited about this last month and then one by one...

I don't know if this would appeal to any of you, but here's what I started doing for 2008. I got this idea from an Advanced Director who lives about an hour away from me.

At each meeting we do a raffle. Tickets are $3 each (the AD friend of mine does $5 each). At the end of each meeting, the winner of the raffle gets a PC product valued between $25 and $40. They know upon arrival at the meeting what item we're raffling off so they can decide whether or not they want to participate. The $ gets put into a zippered baggie and the winner's name is written on the baggie. The baggie is held by the director until NC...at NC, all the baggies are distributed to the winners. The $ in the baggies of people who are not at NC gets used to offset the cost of our cluster dinner.

We also do a Lead Generator Drawing. Throughout the month, consultants email me with the names of any recruiting leads the yhave. They get tickets into the drawing as follows:
-for giving me the name of their leads and where they met the lead (first name only)
-if they have a recruiting interview with the lead
-if they have me in attendance (or on a 3way call) during the recruiting interview
-if the lead signs
-if they attend the Cook & Book with their new recruit

At the meeting we pull a winner. Winner MUST be in attendance or they forfeit the prize. The prize is usually a PC logo-item or business supplies. The Lead Generator drawing was started in March by my AD. I am not sure if I am going to continue it.

I am in the same boat as ya'll with the low attendance meetings. Honestly, though, my team is still on the small side. It seems like things are looking up. The more regular communication I have with my team, the more it seems that they are motivated to come to the meetings. Also, I am doing a secret year end excursion challenge. My Director and I came up with the idea, and we're still doing it together even though I've broken off from her meetings. It's a multi-facet challenge to earn the excursion, which will be something like a day at the spa or something. We're not skimping out. The requirements are to: attend 70% of the year's meetings (that way it doesn't matter when in the year they sign if they're new), have at least one $1000 show (our Director commission from this show is what pays for the excursion), and recruit 2 new consultants.

As far as the small number in attendance, I have gotten positive feedback because it is more interactive. I allow my team to really think about things and brainstorm ideas together instead of being the "speaker" while they sit quietly. They are able to get to know each other better and get ideas from not just me. This last meeting, I thought was a bust as far as the information that we covered, but I got such positive feedback that I'm continuing on just as is.

Also, once they started coming to meetings, they saw that it was not only a training thing, but also a relationship/friendship/camaraderie thing. I think that really helped. I really do up my recognition -I make each of them feel really special, so maybe that's helping, too. Sorry if this seems disjointed... it's night-night time!

Hope that helps!

meeting tips#1 Always do a live Demo. I have my Team vote on a recipe to be demoed.
# 2 Always do some kind of door prizes

They can't get that kind of Training by email ETC!!!!!

When the cds for NC come out, I hope they have the "Meetings that Rock" one from Wave 1.

It truly rocked :approve: There were examples of themed meetings and it gave me lots of ideas.

She talked about having HO people (or your ED) do a 10 min phone talk. Takes some of the pressure off "me". They blow up a pic of the person's face, hang an apron on a hanger, tape the "face" to the top and put the speaker phone in front of their "person".

My dd's boyfriend is a blackbelt. I am asking him to do a small talk on self defense (for those who go to unfamiliar towns, or are out late at night). Then, my director is going to give a phone talk about self defense in regards to preventing cancellations during the holiday season - or anytime.

that sounded better when I put it in my conference notes :p

Also asking my income tax lady to come in Nov. How to get things together for the end of the year, and get ready for next year.

There were a lot more ideas, but I am still brain dead...

So, even tho my group is a consistant...2, maybe 3, I will encourage them to bring a guest for the next 3 mos. Hopefully these ideas will encourage the rest of the team to come.

What is a Small Cluster Meeting?

A Small Cluster Meeting is a gathering of 5-10 people in a casual setting, typically someone's home, to learn about and sample Pampered Chef products and recipes.

Why are Small Cluster Meetings important for success?

Small Cluster Meetings provide a more intimate and personalized experience for guests, allowing them to ask questions and interact with the products in a comfortable setting. This can lead to more sales and repeat customers.

How do I host a successful Small Cluster Meeting?

To host a successful Small Cluster Meeting, choose a theme or focus for the event, invite guests who are interested in the products, provide samples and information about the products, and encourage guests to place orders or book future parties.

What are some tips for increasing attendance at Small Cluster Meetings?

To increase attendance at Small Cluster Meetings, offer incentives or discounts for guests who bring a friend, promote the event through social media and word of mouth, and provide a fun and interactive experience for guests.

How can I maximize sales at Small Cluster Meetings?

To maximize sales at Small Cluster Meetings, engage guests by letting them try products and providing information on how to use them, offer special discounts or promotions, and follow up with guests after the event to encourage future purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • deanna_g
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • lockhartkitchen