• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director This Is Why I Hate December Meetings

In summary, the team didn't show up for their December meeting, and the one person who did couldn't because she has a baby and is new to the team.
Nanisu
Gold Member
Me (at our meeting in November): ?Do we want to have a cluster meeting in December? In the past it's been hard because everyone is so busy".

Team: "No, of course we want to!!!! Let's do a cookie exchange"

Me: "Ok, if we do a cookie bake, can everyone bring something for the recipes?"

Team: "Great idea. This will be so fun!!!!"

2 weeks later, send out ingredients lists. 1 week ago, follow up. Yesterday, follow up again.

Meeting is in 30 minutes, house is clean, gifts are bought and wrapped for the team, and 3 of them TEXT me to tell me they aren't coming. 30 minutes before the meeting. Oh and of course their ingredients won't come either.

This is why I hate December meetings.

Hugs!How do you explain to them that it affects you and the rest of the team without sounding like a whiny b*tch? I have the problem of people not coming almost every month! And, my director (NED!) isn't doing meetings anymore, just "cluster visits"!!! If nobody shows, I'm not going to invite her!

{{{hugs}}}

I am so right there with you. At my Nov meeting I reminded everyone of the date of our Dec meeting and they all fussed & begged me to reschedule it to the 14th. Wanna guess how many showed up tonight? 4

I had mine the first week of the month to avoid this type of thing and we had a really good turn out.

I thought if I had them all bring ingredients, they'd acutally see it as a committment to attend....we had a fun time anyway. My dh came out to the table and gave us all the spin on the new cookie press from an engineer's point of view--he helped with the cookie press and helped make the rice crispy treat ornaments--he's pretty funny so they all were laughing at him, it wound up being fun for those who showed up. It's just annoying that someone would TEXT me at 5 p.m. to let me know they weren't coming (and therefore not bringing the ingredients either). But it wound up being fun.

Um, yeah. My meeting was supposed to be tonight. I'm tired of busting my butt and nobody coming, so I texted to see if they were - hadn't even gotten RSVPs and they knew the date TWO months ago! Only one person might have come, she has a 3 month old baby and isn't even on my team yet! So, I cancelled and I'm having a nice dinner with husband in a somewhat cleaner house - didn't get finished before texting and having them say "oh, yeah, I can't come" @#%$

1. Why do people hate December meetings?

People often hate December meetings because they can be tiring and unproductive, especially during the busy holiday season. They may also feel overwhelmed with end-of-year tasks and responsibilities.

2. How can I make December meetings more enjoyable?

One way to make December meetings more enjoyable is to keep them short and focused. You can also try incorporating fun activities or games to break up the monotony.

3. Is it necessary to have December meetings?

While it's important to stay on top of tasks and goals, it's also important to consider the overall morale and well-being of your team. If possible, try to find a balance between necessary meetings and giving your team a break during the busy holiday season.

4. How can I keep my team engaged during December meetings?

To keep your team engaged during December meetings, try to involve everyone in the discussion and allow for open communication. You can also try to relate the meeting topics to the holiday season or end-of-year goals to make it more relevant and interesting.

5. How can I avoid scheduling conflicts for December meetings?

To avoid scheduling conflicts, try to plan ahead and send out meeting invitations well in advance. You can also offer alternative meeting times or allow for remote attendance to accommodate those with busy schedules during the holiday season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
keril
  • dannyzmom