• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We Just Did the Wraps at Our Cluster Meeting Tonight. We Tried

I would combine the ingredients for the breakfast ring and make a wrap out of it. Will it be dense enough for a wrap?
chellb1234
We just did the Wraps at our cluster meeting tonight.
we tried two:

the Grilled Buffalo-style chicken wrap, which i didn't taste because everyone was saying was spicy

and the grilled chicken & garden-fresh basil wrap...the consultant brought parsley instead of basil (lol):rolleyes: but it was FANTASTIC!!!

i will def be making these at my parties, they are messy when cutting up to taste and a little difficult to "wrap" but wow, it was good...

i would consider trying spinach leaves as well :)

Re: WrapsMy director mentioned using smaller tortillas and just cutting them in half

Re: WrapsI made the Dijon Chicken, Ham & Cheese. They were good. I had to borrow my director's grill pan, MED heat is all that's needed and they cook QUICK!!! They were very good and can show a lot of products! My calculation was at least $400 worth!

I recommend just mixing the cheese in with the meat/mayo mix (which I did). I saw no point in trying to put on ham, then chicken mix, cheese, pickles, and more ham. It was much easier with ham, chicken/cheese, pickles, and ham. JMO

Last edited:
Re: Wraps
lt1jane said:
I had to borrow my director's grill pan

The only reason I have this is because I hosted a party a long time ago and got it as a host special. I ordered the press with my last host show in September (the show I became a consultant with :) )

Re: Wrapsnot being used to the pan, I used med-high heat and burned them a bit. It only took like 30 seconds a side!!

Re: Wrapsi LOVE my grill pan and i love making wraps in them!! been doing it for a while....i'm anxious to try some of our recipes....never tried them at a show before tho....i bet they will be a hit!!

The Buffalo Chicken wraps are wonderful - we like spice! My Buffalo seasoning was a little bit "clumpy" but we managed to get it "dissolved" in the mayo.

I can totally envision making these at a show using the smaller flour tortillas. Thanks for the tip!

Every time I think about these I remember the hilarious Lisa and the Chefs "wrap/rap" video we saw at SL and it makes me smile. :)

wadesgirl said:
My director mentioned using smaller tortillas and just cutting them in half
Our family used the soft taco size tortillas so that everyone could build their own wrap. We made our own variations because of how picky the kids are. Needless to say, we got pretty creative with different types of meat and cheeses. One of my daughters even made one with pizza sauce and various other toppings. She put too much sauce in there and it broke open, making a lovely mess. We tried mixing the toppings with the sauce the next time around and put the cheese in first, then spooned the saucy toppings and it was yummy.

Re: WrapsOooh - glad to see this thread! We are making the basil wraps tonight for dinner! I actually got DH to agree to something different. :)

I would have made the mustard ones, but we don't have the new mustard rub yet.

So, I am excited to hear that the basil ones were good!

And good to see the tips on the heat of the grill pan. DH wanted to use our Cuisinart Griddler for this - but I said "NO!" I want to use the Grill Pan & Press. I love my Grill Pan - but never use the Press.

Re: WrapsI love the wraps idea- for food and for shows, especially in March!

I have a question, would like some input:

I'm doing a brunch show in March with couples. I was thinking of combining the ingredients for the breakfast ring and making a wrap out of it. What do you think? Will it be dense enough for a wrap?

pchockeymom said:
I love the wraps idea- for food and for shows, especially in March!

I'm doing a brunch show in March with couples. I was thinking of combining the ingredients for the breakfast ring and making a wrap out of it. What do you think? Will it be dense enough for a wrap?

I think that would be great - sort of like a breakfast burrito wrap!

ChefBeckyD said:
I think that would be great - sort of like a breakfast burrito wrap!

My hubby loves breakfast burritos!

NooraK said:
My hubby loves breakfast burritos!

So does mine! :) I actually make them and freeze them for him to grab for a quick breakfast or lunch.

pchockeymom said:
I love the wraps idea- for food and for shows, especially in March!

That sounds like a great idea. I might need to try that now. I love breakfast burritos

Re: WrapsI love to use my Grill Pan & Press to make Chicken & Veggie Quesadillas using yellow squash, zuchinni and red bell peppers. I wonder if we could re-work the wraps into quesadillas for less mess? It's really easy to transfer them to a cutting board/mat & use the pizza cutter to slice them into triangles...sooo yummy!

Re: WrapsI have taken left over chicken broccoli ring filling and put it into flour tortillas before...it was very tasty...bet that would be a good demo and a little twist from the regular chicken broccoli ring recipe...Aldi's carries the small flour tortillas and they are cheap..that's where I tell my hosts to get them for chicken fajitas when I demo that...smaller ones are easier for guests to use I think

LeslieSGI said:
The Buffalo Chicken wraps are wonderful - we like spice! My Buffalo seasoning was a little bit "clumpy" but we managed to get it "dissolved" in the mayo.

I can totally envision making these at a show using the smaller flour tortillas. Thanks for the tip!

Every time I think about these I remember the hilarious Lisa and the Chefs "wrap/rap" video we saw at SL and it makes me smile. :)

Does anyone know if we can get that video? I'd love to show it at my shows :)

You obviously havent watched the spring product video from our changeover kit. ;). It was on there! That video is the same video we saw at Spring launch to show the new products.

chellb1234 said:
We just did the Wraps at our cluster meeting tonight.
we tried two:

the Grilled Buffalo-style chicken wrap, which i didn't taste because everyone was saying was spicy

and the grilled chicken & garden-fresh basil wrap...the consultant brought parsley instead of basil (lol):rolleyes: but it was FANTASTIC!!!

i will def be making these at my parties, they are messy when cutting up to taste and a little difficult to "wrap" but wow, it was good...

i would consider trying spinach leaves as well :)

I made the chicken & garden-fresh basil wrap for DH and I last night.

It is EXCELLENT! And the basil really makes it. DH does not usually like tasting new things (he is a meat & potatoes guy) and he absolutely loved it.

I had the press and pan warm up for quite a bit on MedLow heat (I am almost certain that is what the directions say) and that was not hot enough. It took over 8 minutes for grill marks to appear on the one side. I ended up turning up the heat to get the grill marks. Also, even though they were on the heat a long period of time, the filling was not as hot as I would have liked. So, next time, I think I will have the heat on at least Medium.

Bottom line - very tasty! Can't wait to try the others.

Good news for shows: it uses lots of products...Bad news for me making it at home: lots of products to clean! haha :)

Re: WrapsI've made both the Basil and the Buffalo Wraps and I loved them both. Last night, I needed a quick dinner and my daughter suggested Breakfast Burritos. Usually, I just put the filling in a cold tortilla and they eat them that way. But this time, I put the filling in, wrapped them like the wraps and put them in the Grill Pan. The kids really liked them. The cheese got all melted, the tortillas were warm and crispy. Don't know why I've never thought of it before. Not something to do for a show necesssarily, but fun for home!

Shari in TX

Re: WrapsWhat do you all make for the filling in your breakfast burritos?

Re: WrapsI am going to need to make these for my husband and me..because this is what I am making for my aunt's party. With chips on the chip maker. I am excited.

pctharper said:
What do you all make for the filling in your breakfast burritos?

We do whatever we have on hand. For the ones I made Tuesday, I sauteed onion and mushrooms and then scrambled eggs in with them. If I had had bell peppers, those would probably have been sauteed in there too.

I cooked up some turkey bacon (usually I use the Small Ridged Baker in the microwave for this, but it was dirty and our water was off all day due to a broken pipe in our front yard, so I just cooked it in a saute pan). I layered some sliced tomato, the egg mixture, a slice or two of bacon and some shredded cheddar cheese on the tortilla, wrapped it up and grilled the whole thing in the grill pan. My daughter said I should have put sliced avocado on hers since we had some in the fridge. I'll do that next time.

So, basically, it's clean out the veggie drawer and add eggs, cheese and some sort of meat for our breakfast burritos. :)

Shari in TX

Re: WrapsDoes someone have the recipes for each of these wraps? I can't seem to find them. If you could email them to me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

[email protected] :chef:

Tina1977 said:
Does someone have the recipes for each of these wraps? I can't seem to find them. If you could email them to me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

[email protected] :chef:

The three main ones (with the chicken) are in the newest Season's Best that should have come in your consultant changeover box (with the new catalogs).

Re: WrapsMaking the ham and swiss one for DH tonight and the chicken basil one for me. I'm just reducing all the ingredients to make one at a time. The ham and swiss one is nice because I prepared everything a head today and will just have to combine and roll tonight when I get home. I didn't have everything for the chicken basil one so I'll have to prep tonight.

wadesgirl said:
Making the ham and swiss one for DH tonight and the chicken basil one for me. I'm just reducing all the ingredients to make one at a time. The ham and swiss one is nice because I prepared everything a head today and will just have to combine and roll tonight when I get home. I didn't have everything for the chicken basil one so I'll have to prep tonight.

Update - I would use a lot less mayo for both of these recipes! The flavor was really yummy for the chicken basil and DH said he liked the ham and swiss too.

One tip - don't put one wrap on at a time! I put DH's on first while I was working on mine and it caused it to flatten two much and the filling started coming out.

kam said:
I made the chicken & garden-fresh basil wrap for DH and I last night.

It is EXCELLENT! And the basil really makes it. DH does not usually like tasting new things (he is a meat & potatoes guy) and he absolutely loved it.

I had the press and pan warm up for quite a bit on MedLow heat (I am almost certain that is what the directions say) and that was not hot enough. It took over 8 minutes for grill marks to appear on the one side. I ended up turning up the heat to get the grill marks. Also, even though they were on the heat a long period of time, the filling was not as hot as I would have liked. So, next time, I think I will have the heat on at least Medium.

Bottom line - very tasty! Can't wait to try the others.

Good news for shows: it uses lots of products...Bad news for me making it at home: lots of products to clean! haha :)

Good to know! I will be trying these out for dinner tonight and my husband is also the meat and potatoes kinda guy and isn't always crazy about trying new things.

That video cracks me up! TK Posse! bwahaha

For those of you who didn't see it at spring launch or haven't gotten on CC, go watch it!

It's so wrong. Takes the wholesome image of PC and the image of gangsta rap videos and merges them into campy awful. It offends me on one level, but on another, I find myself kinda liking it, as I cringe inside.

I will ask my host next week if I can show it.

Re: WrapsI like the quesadilla idea -- I can't find any of the recipes everyone is talking about -- I saw them at SL but can't find them on our website or the Pampered Chef recipe website??? I have not made a wrap with my grill pan and press and need some instruction :) How long, any oil on pan or tortillas etc...I planned on making wraps for a show next Friday but the quesadilla may be more efficient...so same questions for quesadillas...thanks! btw a great direct selling idea I got from a 'jewelry' friend when discussing the frustration of cancellations -- she gives incentives for things such as keeping the date first booked, getting orders before the show etc. I plan to start using this -- $5 (in product) for 5 orders before the show, $5 for keeping the date, $5 for having 15 or more guests, $5 for 5 orders after the show and $5 for over $1,000 in sales...since the last 2 items require waiting until after the show date, I can order the item at the 30% discount : )

PagsPlace said:
I like the quesadilla idea -- I can't find any of the recipes everyone is talking about -- I saw them at SL but can't find them on our website or the Pampered Chef recipe website??? I have not made a wrap with my grill pan and press and need some instruction :) How long, any oil on pan or tortillas etc...I planned on making wraps for a show next Friday but the quesadilla may be more efficient...so same questions for quesadillas...thanks! btw a great direct selling idea I got from a 'jewelry' friend when discussing the frustration of cancellations -- she gives incentives for things such as keeping the date first booked, getting orders before the show etc. I plan to start using this -- $5 (in product) for 5 orders before the show, $5 for keeping the date, $5 for having 15 or more guests, $5 for 5 orders after the show and $5 for over $1,000 in sales...since the last 2 items require waiting until after the show date, I can order the item at the 30% discount : )
The wraps are in the new spring seasons best, you should have gotten one in your changeover supplies. If not, on CC in the recipe section, select the Seasons Best Recipes. As of right now, you could download a pdf version of the whole Seasons best. The link is above the drop down box where you normally select the SB version you want.

PagsPlace said:
I like the quesadilla idea -- I can't find any of the recipes everyone is talking about -- I saw them at SL but can't find them on our website or the Pampered Chef recipe website??? I have not made a wrap with my grill pan and press and need some instruction :) How long, any oil on pan or tortillas etc...I planned on making wraps for a show next Friday but the quesadilla may be more efficient...so same questions for quesadillas...thanks! btw a great direct selling idea I got from a 'jewelry' friend when discussing the frustration of cancellations -- she gives incentives for things such as keeping the date first booked, getting orders before the show etc. I plan to start using this -- $5 (in product) for 5 orders before the show, $5 for keeping the date, $5 for having 15 or more guests, $5 for 5 orders after the show and $5 for over $1,000 in sales...since the last 2 items require waiting until after the show date, I can order the item at the 30% discount : )

No oil for the quesadillas when I make them. I pre-heat the press wth the grill pan and usually flip after a minute or two.

PagsPlace said:

For all of your "extra" ideas you can put all of them on the host order and get the host discount!

1. What are the ingredients in the Grilled Buffalo-style chicken wrap?

The Grilled Buffalo-style chicken wrap is made with chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and your choice of vegetables and cheese.

2. Is the Grilled Buffalo-style chicken wrap spicy?

Yes, the buffalo sauce used in this wrap does have a spicy kick to it. If you prefer a milder flavor, you can adjust the amount of buffalo sauce used.

3. What happened to the grilled chicken & garden-fresh basil wrap?

At the cluster meeting, the consultant accidentally brought parsley instead of basil for the grilled chicken & garden-fresh basil wrap. However, it was still delicious and can be made with either herb.

4. Are the wraps difficult to make?

The wraps can be a little tricky to wrap and cut, but with practice it becomes easier. You can also try using spinach leaves instead of a traditional wrap for a healthier option.

5. Will you be making these wraps at your parties?

Yes, I will definitely be making these wraps at my parties. They were a hit at the cluster meeting and I think my guests will love them too.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mmilus
  • legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies