• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Recipe in Family Skillet

In summary, a 30-minute Chicken Parmesan recipe was discussed, which involved pounding chicken cutlets and sautéing them with basil oil. The chicken was then topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella, fresh parsley, and Italian seasonings before being baked in the oven. The dish was served with linguine and Italian Monkey Bread or garlic bread. However, due to missing ingredients, a modified version was made using garlic-infused canola oil, shredded pizza cheese, and Alfredo sauce. The resulting dish was enjoyed by all and will be made again with the addition of garlic cloves.
Stampaholic1961
Gold Member
Recently while looking for a cake recipe for the Family skillet, I came across the following recipe for "Chicken Parmesan"

30 minute Chicken Parmesan

Pound chicken with meat tenderizer to thin cutlets, then saute with basil canola oil about 5 minutes on each side. Top with tomato sauce or ready made pasta sauce, and top with thick sliced mozzarella or grated. Add some fresh cut parsley with scissors and Italian PC seasonings, and place in oven for about 10 minutes, and WOWSERS, a whole meal. In the meantime boil water with linguine and add rest of pasta sauce. You can also make the Italian Monkey Bread in the small skillet or buy premade garlic bread, and you did a whole dinner for your guests. Viva Itailiano!

Hubby & I had talked about trying it so I had chicken thawing in the fridge. I wasn't feeling well so I talked hubby through the recipe. Because of a few missing items in our pantry:confused: we ended up with a very good but totally different recipe!! He pounded the chicken & sauted it oil. Turns out we didn't have the basil oil so he used the Garlic Infused Canola Oil. We didn't have sliced mozzarella so he used a bag of shredded pizza cheese. Guess what, no fresh parsley either!! (Do you think it's time for a grocery shopping trip?:rolleyes: ) Oh yeah, we were out of spaghetti sauce too so he used Alfredo sauce!! We mixed Italian seasoning with the Alfredo sauce.

It turned into a recipe that all 4 of us think worthy of trying again!

So our new, revised recipe is

Chicken breasts, pounded & cooked in garlic oil for 5 minutes on each side.
Pour 1/2 of the sauce on top of the chicken. Sprinkle some Italian seasoning over the sauce, then add the cheese. Put in 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes. While that is in the oven, cook linguine according to package directions. Drain. Pour remaining sauce into linguine & add 1-2 tsp. Italian seasoning. Put a chicken breast on each plate of linguine. Very fast & easy!

Yum!!! :)
Sounds great!!

Next time we are going to add some garlic cloves too.

That sounds really good. Thanks for sharing your updated recipe.

Hi there!

I love hearing about how people adapt recipes to fit their own pantry and preferences. Your version of chicken parmesan sounds delicious! I'm glad it turned out to be a hit with your family. It's always great when a last-minute, improvised meal turns out to be a success.

I do have a few suggestions for next time, if you're interested. You could try using the Garlic Infused Canola Oil as a marinade for the chicken, instead of just cooking it in the oil. That way, you'll get an even stronger garlic flavor. And if you don't have fresh parsley, you could try using dried parsley or even fresh basil to add some greenery and freshness to the dish.

Another tip is to try using panko breadcrumbs instead of regular breadcrumbs. They add a nice crunch to the chicken. And if you're feeling adventurous, you could also try making your own tomato sauce from scratch. It's not as hard as it seems, and it adds a lot of flavor to the dish.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your version of the recipe. It's always fun to see how people put their own spin on things. Happy cooking!

1. How long does it take to cook the chicken in the family skillet?

The cooking time for chicken in the family skillet will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken pieces. As a general rule, boneless chicken breasts will take about 6-8 minutes per side to cook, while bone-in chicken pieces will take about 10-12 minutes per side. It's always important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F before serving.

2. Can I use frozen chicken in the family skillet recipe?

While it is not recommended to use frozen chicken in the family skillet recipe, you can thaw the chicken in the refrigerator or microwave before cooking. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and thoroughly.

3. What kind of spices should I use for the chicken in the family skillet?

You can use any spices or seasonings that you prefer for the chicken in the family skillet recipe. Some popular options include Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt and pepper. You can also marinate the chicken in a mixture of your favorite herbs and spices for added flavor.

4. Can I use a different type of meat in the family skillet recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of meat in the family skillet recipe. This recipe works well with other types of poultry, such as turkey or duck, as well as pork or beef. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.

5. Can I add vegetables to the family skillet recipe?

Absolutely! Adding vegetables to the family skillet recipe is a great way to make it a complete and balanced meal. You can add vegetables like bell peppers, onions, zucchini, and mushrooms to the skillet while cooking the chicken. You can also roast or sauté vegetables separately and serve them on the side with the chicken.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode