• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Curried Chicken by Martha Stewart - Looks Like a Good Dcb Recipe

In summary, to make Curried Chicken by Martha Stewart, you will need chicken breast, olive oil, curry powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion, carrots, chicken broth, coconut milk, and cooked rice. You can also substitute chicken with tofu, shrimp, or chickpeas for a vegetarian option, adjust the spiciness to your liking, make the curry sauce ahead of time and freeze any leftovers for up to 3 months.
Dotty
Gold Member
This looks like a good candidate for the DCB. I'm going to try it soon!

Curried Chicken - Martha Stewart Recipes

Chicken breasts stay moist when cooked in the microwave on a bed of onion and apple. Ketchup, curry powder, and yogurt make a sweet, mildly spicy, and creamy sauce.

Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield Serves 4

Add to Shopping List
Ingredients

1 small (1 cup) red onion, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1 (1 1/4 cups) green apple, quartered, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons curry powder
Coarse salt and ground pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 6 ounces each
1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Directions

In a 2-quart microwave-safe dish with lid, stir together onion, apple, garlic, ketchup, and curry powder. Add 1/4 cup water. Season with salt and pepper; stir to combine.

Add chicken; season with salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes longer or until chicken is opaque throughout. Lift chicken from dish, and divide among four serving plates.

Stir yogurt into onion-apple mixture in dish; spoon sauce over chicken, and sprinkle cilantro over each plate. Serve with rice or noodles, if desired.

this does look good! Thanks for the recipe!

I'm glad you're going to try this recipe! I've made it a few times and it's always a hit. The combination of the onion, apple, ketchup, and curry powder creates such a unique and delicious sauce. And using the microwave makes it so quick and easy to prepare. Let me know how it turns out for you!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Curried Chicken by Martha Stewart?

To make Curried Chicken by Martha Stewart, you will need chicken breast, olive oil, curry powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion, carrots, chicken broth, coconut milk, and cooked rice.

2. Can I use a different protein instead of chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute chicken with tofu, shrimp, or even chickpeas for a vegetarian option. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. How spicy is this dish?

The level of spiciness can be adjusted by using more or less curry powder and garlic powder. You can also add some red pepper flakes for an extra kick.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the curry sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat the sauce and cook the chicken and vegetables as directed in the recipe.

5. Can I freeze the leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in a pan or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies