• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Recipe for the Family Skillet

In summary, the conversation is about a delicious chicken recipe called "40 Cloves and a Chicken" that the person has been making for years. They suggest using it in the family skillet and share the recipe with others. The recipe includes a whole chicken, olive oil, thyme, garlic cloves, and instructions for cooking. The person also gives a tip for peeling the garlic and mentions that the recipe is a hit with their family.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
I've been making this for years - it is the best chicken ever - just got the idea this morning that this would be WONDERFUL for the family skillet. Not for a demo - takes too long - but you could sure try it out on your family and make copies of the recipe for customers:

40 Cloves and a Chicken

1 whole chicken (broiler/fryer) cut into 8 pieces
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
10 sprigs fresh thyme
40 peeled cloves garlic
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Toss with a 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown on both sides in a wide fry pan or skillet over high heat. Remove from heat, add oil, thyme, and garlic cloves. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.

Remove chicken from the oven, let rest for 5 to 10 minutes and serve.

Last edited:
That sounds delish! For the cloves, do you leave them whole? If so, any tips on peeling them?

I lay a bunch on the cutting board and smack them a few times with the meat tenderizer! (flat side) It peels off great that way! And YES leave them whole. 40 pressed in our garlic press would probably be WAY to strong. You could always half the amount of garlic I guess and just press them, I wouldn't want to mess with this recipe tho, it is too good!

:thumbup: Sounds good - thanks for the tip! This sounds like a good recipe to keep my hubby away from me for a few days:love: .

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that you have been making this delicious chicken for years. It sounds absolutely amazing and I can't wait to give it a try myself. I love the idea of using it in the family skillet - I bet it will be a hit with my own family. Thank you for sharing the recipe, I will definitely be giving it a try and sharing it with my customers as well. Happy cooking!

Related to Good Recipe for the Family Skillet

What is the "Good Recipe for the Family Skillet"?

The "Good Recipe for the Family Skillet" is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for feeding a family. It is a one-pan meal that includes protein, vegetables, and grains, making it a well-rounded and nutritious option for busy weeknights.

What ingredients do I need for this recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe include chicken breast, bell peppers, onion, zucchini, diced tomatoes, brown rice, chicken broth, and a variety of seasonings. You can also add in any other vegetables or protein of your choice to make it your own.

How do I make the "Good Recipe for the Family Skillet"?

To make this recipe, start by cooking the chicken in a large skillet until it is cooked through. Then, add in the vegetables and cook until they are slightly softened. Next, add in the diced tomatoes, broth, and seasonings. Finally, add in the rice and let it cook until it is tender. Serve hot and enjoy!

Can I make any substitutions or variations to this recipe?

Yes, you can easily make substitutions or variations to this recipe based on your family's preferences or dietary needs. For example, you can use different types of protein, such as tofu or shrimp, and add in different vegetables or grains. You can also adjust the seasonings to your liking.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 4-6 servings, depending on the size of your family and how hungry everyone is. You can easily double the recipe if you have a larger family or want leftovers for the next day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Stampaholic1961
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ragschef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies