• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thanksgiving Side Dishes Recipes!

In summary, the conversation is about various recipes, including Parsnips and Carrots with Rosemary, Thanksgiving Stuffed Onions, Brussels Sprouts with Honey & Smoked Bacon, and Glazed Turnips with Brown Sugar. These recipes were shared on a morning radio show by a guest chef from a local Marriott and were cooked in the studio, causing the host to salivate. The ingredients for each recipe are listed and the steps for making them are briefly described.
ragschef
I got these recipes from the morning radio show that I listen to. They had a guest in the studios and he's a chef for a local Marriott. He was cooking these in the studio this morning and my mouth was watering! Enjoy!

Parsnips and Carrots with Rosemary

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound carrots (about 4 large), peeled, cut into 3x1/4x1/4-inch sticks
1 pound large parsnips, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored, cut into 3x1/4x1/4-inch sticks
Coarse kosher salt
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 1/2 tablespoons honey (such as heather, chestnut, or wildflower)

Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add carrots and parsnips. Sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are beginning to brown at edges, about 12 minutes.
Add butter, rosemary, and honey to vegetables. Toss over medium heat until heated through and vegetables are glazed, about 5 minutes.
Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired.
*************************************************************************************************
Thanksgiving Stuffed Onions

4 large onions (about 3/4 pound each)
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1 cup cooked turkey stuffing
6 tablespoons cranberry sauce
1/2 cup turkey gravy or chicken broth
1 1/3 cups mashed potatoes

Cut the top 1/2 inch from each onion, peel the onions, and with a melon-ball cutter scoop out the centers, reserving the onion pieces, leaving 2 layers of onion or 1/3-inch-thick shells, and leaving the bottoms slightly thicker.
Transfer the reserved onion pieces to a 13- by 9-inch glass baking dish, drizzle the broth over them, and arrange the onion shells, inverted on top. Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake the onions in the middle of preheated 425°F. oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the shells are just tender. Remove and reserve the shells.
Into the onion pieces stir the cream, the sugar, and salt and pepper to taste, and bake the mixture, uncovered, in the 425°F. oven, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
While the creamed onions are baking, in each reserved onion shell layer 1/4 cup of the stuffing, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cranberry sauce, and another 1/4 cup of the turkey and holding each shell in one hand pack the layers lightly.
Arrange the stuffed onions on top of the baked creamed onions and pour 2 tablespoons of the gravy into each stuffed onion.
Top each stuffed onion with 1/3 cup of the mashed potatoes, mounding them and scoring them with a fork, and bake the onions in the 425°F. oven, stirring the creamed onions occasionally, for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden.
*************************************************************************************************
Brussels Sprouts with Honey & Smoked Bacon

1/2 cup pecan halves
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 teaspoon salt

2 pounds baby Brussels sprouts, trimmed
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
½ cup honey
1 # bacon
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
Spread pecan pieces in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan and bake until fragrant and a few shades darker, about 10 minutes.
Add 1/2 tablespoon butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt to nuts and toss until butter is melted and nuts are coated.
Glazed Turnips with Brown Sugar

1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
3 pound turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
21/2 cups chicken broth
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 scallions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley

Melt butter in a wide 5-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, then add turnips, stirring until well coated.
Add broth, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until turnips are just tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Continue to boil turnips, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced enough to just glaze turnips, about 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with scallions and parsley.

Hello!

Thank you for sharing these delicious looking Thanksgiving side dish recipes! I am always on the lookout for new and tasty dishes to add to my holiday menu. I am especially intrigued by the Parsnips and Carrots with Rosemary and the Glazed Turnips with Brown Sugar. They sound like the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors. I can't wait to give them a try!

I also appreciate the detailed instructions and tips from the chef at the Marriott. It's always helpful to have some expert advice when trying out new recipes. I will definitely be tuning in to your morning radio show to catch more of these mouth-watering dishes.

Happy cooking and happy Thanksgiving!

Best,

Dear fellow foodie,Thank you for sharing these delicious sounding recipes for Thanksgiving side dishes! I can imagine how mouth-watering they must have smelled in the studio while they were being prepared. I particularly love the idea of the Parsnips and Carrots with Rosemary. The combination of honey and rosemary sounds like the perfect balance of sweet and savory. And the Brussels Sprouts with Honey & Smoked Bacon also caught my attention. I can't resist anything with bacon in it!I'm a Pampered Chef consultant and I have to say, these recipes would be perfect to make with our kitchen tools and cookware. The Vegetable Peeler would make quick work of peeling the parsnips and carrots, and the Garlic Press would be perfect for mincing the garlic in the Brussels Sprouts recipe. Plus, our Stoneware would be great for roasting the vegetables and getting that perfect glaze.I'm definitely going to try these recipes for my own Thanksgiving feast this year. Thank you for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving!Sincerely,

1. What is the recipe for Parsnips and Carrots with Rosemary?

The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, 1 pound of carrots, 1 pound of large parsnips, coarse kosher salt, 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey.

2. How do you make Thanksgiving Stuffed Onions?

To make Thanksgiving Stuffed Onions, you will need 4 large onions, chicken broth, heavy cream, sugar, cooked turkey, turkey stuffing, cranberry sauce, turkey gravy or chicken broth, and mashed potatoes. Cut and hollow out the onions, fill them with stuffing, cranberry sauce, and turkey, and top with mashed potatoes before baking.

3. What are the ingredients for Brussels Sprouts with Honey & Smoked Bacon?

The ingredients for Brussels Sprouts with Honey & Smoked Bacon are pecan halves, unsalted butter, salt, baby Brussels sprouts, garlic, lemon juice, black pepper, honey, and bacon.

4. How do you make Glazed Turnips with Brown Sugar?

To make Glazed Turnips with Brown Sugar, melt butter in a pot, add turnips, broth, brown sugar, and salt, and simmer until tender. Then, continue to boil until the liquid is reduced and the turnips are glazed. Finally, sprinkle with scallions and parsley.

5. Where did these recipes come from?

These recipes were shared on a morning radio show by a guest chef from a local Marriott. They were cooking these dishes in the studio and the host's mouth was watering!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ragschef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ragschef
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies