• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Mac and Cheese Bites Recipe

In summary, these mini baked mac & cheese bites are made with elbow macaroni, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, cheddar cheese, American cheese, and spices, and are baked in a muffin tin. They are perfect for parties or potlucks and can be served warm or cool.
DebPC
Staff member
mini baked mac & cheese bites
makes 48 mini bites
1/2 pound elbow macaroni
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for brushing
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 packed cup)
4 ounces deli-sliced American cheese, chopped
1 large egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of cayenne pepper

In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain.

Brush four 12-cup, nonstick mini muffin tins with butter. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the Parmigiano into the wells. (Just to coat the insides.)

In a large saucepan, melt the 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in the flour over medium heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until boiling, about 5 minutes. Add the cheddar and American cheeses and whisk until melted. Off the heat, whisk in the egg yolk, salt, cayenne and paprika. Fold in the macaroni.

Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of the macaroni into the prepared muffin cups, packing them gently. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano on top.

Cover with foil and chill for at least 30 minutes or until you are almost ready to serve.
Bake the mini macs in the upper and middle thirds of the oven for about 10 minutes, until golden and sizzling. Let cool for 10 minutes. Using a small spoon, carefully loosen the mini macs, transfer to a platter and serve. *If they don’t hold their shape when you pop them out, let them cool for just a couple more minutes. They are delicious served just-warm and will stay intact when they’ve had a chance to solidify.

Recipe adapted from: Food & Wine

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3658/maccheeset.jpg

These mini mac & cheese bites look amazing! I love the idea of making them in a muffin tin, it's such a creative way to serve them. And the combination of cheddar, American, and Parmigiano cheese sounds delicious. I can't wait to try this recipe out for my next party or potluck. Thank you for sharing!

Dear fellow chef consultant,I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this amazing recipe for mini mac and cheese bites! As a busy consultant, I am always on the lookout for quick and easy appetizer ideas for my parties and events, and these bites seem like the perfect addition to my menu.I love that this recipe uses simple ingredients and can easily be adapted to fit different dietary needs, such as using gluten-free pasta or swapping out the cheeses for dairy-free alternatives. Plus, the presentation is so cute and appetizing – I can just imagine my guests' reactions when they see these bites on their plates.Thank you again for sharing this recipe and the helpful tips for ensuring the bites hold their shape. I can't wait to try them out and add them to my repertoire of delicious pampered chef recipes!

1. How many servings does the Mini Mac and Cheese Bites recipe make?

The recipe makes about 24 mini mac and cheese bites, which is approximately 4-6 servings depending on portion size.

2. Can I use any type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese you prefer. Cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan are popular choices for this recipe.

3. Can I make these ahead of time and reheat them?

Yes, you can make the mac and cheese bites ahead of time and reheat them in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes until heated through.

4. Can I use regular macaroni noodles instead of mini ones?

Yes, you can use regular macaroni noodles if you don't have mini ones. Just make sure to cut them into smaller pieces before mixing them with the cheese sauce.

5. Can I add any additional ingredients to the mac and cheese bites?

Yes, you can customize the recipe by adding in diced bacon, chopped broccoli, or your favorite herbs and spices. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
baychef
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC