• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Season's Besgt S/S 2010 Recipe Reviews

In summary, the conversation discussed recipes and reviews for the Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss, Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa, Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake, Artichoke & Bacon Bites, Caramel Drink, Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars, Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread, Mango Margaritas, and Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups. The reviewers had positive feedback on all the dishes with some minor adjustments being necessary in a few of them. Additionally, the recipe for the Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups was requested by one of the readers.
We had our Recipe Tasting Cluster Meeting tonight....so I'll go through what we tasted - EVERYTHING was excellent!

Bacon,Linguine,Tomato Toss:
This is the one that I did - and it was soooo good! it was getting two thumbs up from my guys as I was leaving (I left it for them for dinner too) and everyone loved it at the meeting too. I'm not sure that I would ever do it for a show, but I know it will be a regular for our home!

Atichoke Bacon Bites : Yum Yum Yum! I would definitely do these for an appetizer show!

Cool Caramel Cafe Con Leche This was just okay - I love cinnamon, but the cinnamon in this was overpowering. I'd cut it in half - and probably use dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate.

Thai Peanut Chicken Stir Fry Salad I think this will be my new Salad demo! This was sooo good, and used a ton of products, and looked BEAUTIFUL on the large bamboo platter!

Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad This one was a surprise for me - I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did - very yummy! The consultant who made it did saute the pepper, onion and sugar snap peas briefly - so they were still crunchy, but also a bit cooked. I would probably do it the same way. I can't wait to make this at home!

Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares This is already a favorite of mine - but people who'd never had it before were raving about it too.

Sweet Churros w/ Dulce De Leche dip.
The consultant made these with the new Apple Sprinkles....YUM! These will be a great 2nd recipe, or make ahead recipe. I could have eaten the whole batch! (I just had one!)

Quick Fudgy Brownie Surprisingly good - and noticed afterwards that it could also be made in the DCB!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars YUM YUM YUM! I don't do dessert shows - but I will definitely be making these at home!

Every recipe other than the drink recipe was under $2 per serving, and showed at least $350 in products....it was a successful tasting meeting!

We had a few at our meeting last night and just finished making the BLT pasta. I made the kiwi lime cups for our meeting and EVERYONE raved about how good they were. (I thought so too!) We had a demo of the Cool Chicken Tacos, which no one has mentioned yet......They were awesome! I don't even like mango, jicama or avocado and I thought they were super yummy! My BLT pasta was really good, I thought too that it needed some chicken or something. I left out the onion also.

Made the Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad tonight and it was awesome!! Everyone at my cluster meeting loved it too. Nice and lite!

Here's what we've tried:

Chipotle chili cornbread bake: LOVE IT!!
I don't even like chili. I subbed SW seasoning instead of the chipotle. Husband has had it 3 xs left over and said it is still good. We used the jiffy corn bread mix. Also cooked beef on stove, and then in oven b/c my micro is going out.

Bacon, Linguini & Tomato Toss Gonna have to pass on this one.
None of us cared for it. Also don't think it would be great for a show b/c of lots of steps/chopping. 2 thumbs down for me.

Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups: YUMMY!!!! I could have eaten the entire batch. Everyone loved these. Great demo recipe. FYI--we didn't get all of them eaten so I refrig. the rest. Base gets very soggy. So recommend leaving filling out if you won't use all of them.

Tomorrow night we'll be trying more.

Lady Fingers were in the freezer section at our store. Very expensive when you have to x by 3. I think they were almost $4 each! I haven't made the trifle yet, but purchased the ingredients. If I recommend this for a host, I'd let her know that it is one of the more expensive recipes to make. Coconut milk was hard to find. Located it in the Asian section. Around $2/can.

Fluffy215 said:
I made this yesterday and took it to work. I call them my guinea pigs, and they love that fact LOL Anyway, I barely got to try it. They absolutely loved it. There was just enough left to bring home for myself and DH.

I am a little confused on the lady fingers as well. The directions say 3 (3 ounce) packages for a total of 24. However, our 3 ounce packages around here have 12 in them so do I need 3 or just 2? I used just two and it seemed kind of mooshy. Next time I will try with 2 1/2 and see if that helps. I know it sucks up the milks quickly though.

Did you ask your bakery department about the lady fingers? They also sell them in the commercial dessert/bread aisle at the grocery stores around here.

I did ask the management at Publix and they said they used to carry them but they don't anymore. I will have to search the other areas stores.

Don't forget that you can subsititue pound cake for the ladyfingers. Or I know someone who used twinkies and said it was good too. You're going to put that creaminess on them anyways so why not add more with the twinkies?

If you have made the Fresh Mango Margaritas, did the mango turn into a puree or was in more like a juice?

DessertDivaFL said:
I made the Strawberry Coconut Tres-Leches Trifle for the Super Bowl Party. Well...it was gone in 5 minutes! Does that tell you anything? My husband was upset that he didn't even get to taste it. Well, neither did I for that matter. The only thing was that I couldn't find the soft lady fingers and used pound cake instead. It was easy and smelled amazing and looked like I spent all day on it.

I made this as well for a Super Bowl Party. It was gone so fast, I never even got to try it for myself either!:) I guess great minds must think alike.;) I noticed that you live in Florida. You can get the lady fingers in the bakery at Publix. I had to use 3 packages of them and I had to ask for them because they did not have them out. It does make you feel good when people rave over something that really was so simple and easy.

Ok, if I had read a little further, I would have seen that you tried Publix with no luck! Sorry :( I hope that mine keeps them in stock and doesn't discontinue them too.

I got the Lady Fingers in the bakery at Kroger. They were 2 packs for $5.

Fluffy215 said:
I am a little confused on the lady fingers as well. The directions say 3 (3 ounce) packages for a total of 24. However, our 3 ounce packages around here have 12 in them so do I need 3 or just 2? I used just two and it seemed kind of mooshy. Next time I will try with 2 1/2 and see if that helps. I know it sucks up the milks quickly though.

My lady fingers came in packs of 12 and were 3 ounces as well. I used all 3 packages becuase I figured maybe they were just smaller than regular ones. I wanted them to total the 9 ounces. I don't think that it looked like there were too many. Like you were saying, it did help to absorb some of the milk.

Kiwi lime dessert cups from seasons best. it's in the catalog too on pg 10.

Sorry I did not realize that there was an answer already...

robochick84 said:
I precooked the chicken, and then realized I probably didn't have to do it, and that I could of done it all at the same time.

I dumped the broth, garlic (and other seasoning), canned tomatoes, and pasta in the DCB and microwaved for 10+10 with stirring in between. When it came out I added my chicken, the fresh tomatoes, and the cream cheese.

Thanks! I'm going to try it this way!

I tried the BLT Toss tonight and boy was it bland! Even Mr Picky (DS) commented on it. Of course that didn't stop me from eating a bowlful and putting the rest away for furture meals. I think next time I will add some Italian herb mix.

Tomorrow I'm making the choc-peanut crunch bars.

susanr613 said:
I tried the BLT Toss tonight and boy was it bland! Even Mr Picky (DS) commented on it. Of course that didn't stop me from eating a bowlful and putting the rest away for furture meals. I think next time I will add some Italian herb mix.

Tomorrow I'm making the choc-peanut crunch bars.

I think part of the reason that it's so bland is that it has way too much liquid in it. If you use a smoky bacon and less liquid, it'll have more flavor, for sure. Next time I make it, I'll try is with 3 cups of broth instead of four.

leftymac said:
I think part of the reason that it's so bland is that it has way too much liquid in it. If you use a smoky bacon and less liquid, it'll have more flavor, for sure. Next time I make it, I'll try is with 3 cups of broth instead of four.

I used 3 cups of broth and 8 ounces of cream cheese....and also I made sure and grated a good quality parm over the top. It turned out great! Everyone loved it, and it had plenty of flavor.

The only other thing I did a little different would be that I used a naturally cured organic bacon, and I think that has more flavor than other bacons.

I made the jalepeno popper pizzas and the chocolate peanut butter crunch bars last night. I have made the jalepeno popper pizzas before because they were in the last SB. They were one of my recipes I offered last season. So yummy! As far as the crunch bars, great recipe, really yummy! But I don't think I would do it for a show. Too many microwave steps and too many bowls. The recipe itself is very easy to follow and fast to put together (besides the fact that the microwave is clear across my kitchen from my work space). My only thought if you wanted to do this for a show is to do the marshmellow part in our cookware or the new double boiler if it will all fit to show something else.

Tomorrow I'm trying the artichoke appetizer, chili cornbread bake and the trifle!

Chili cornbread bake is on menu here today. Hope to get to the crunch bars too.

Ps: Did the blt toss on sat, very flat tasteing

I loved the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake..however..I thought that it needed more chili..so..next time I am going to keep the cornbread the same but do 1 1/2 - 2 times the chili mixture.

My original thought was 2 times..BUT..I don't know if the baker is big enough for that so I might just have to go with 1 1/2

Last edited:
I'm doing the Cornbread Bake tonight too - with a few changes. :D

Ground Turkey instead of beef

Homemade Canned Salsa

My own cornbread - I'll mix up a recipe, and use the sour cream and egg in place of the liquid.

Seems like there was another change I was making too...but can't remember what it is right now!

By the way I couldn't find lady fingers any where around here. I'm trying one more store tonight and then I'll just settle for pound cake. With just that one ingredient missing all three recipes were only $25ish.

wadesgirl said:
By the way I couldn't find lady fingers any where around here. I'm trying one more store tonight and then I'll just settle for pound cake. With just that one ingredient missing all three recipes were only $25ish.

My grocery store (Ingles) keeps the lady fingers in the freezer section near the ice cream cakes. each package was 3 oz., so I used 3 pkgs. I think this recipe would be great with mango instead of strawberrys--or maybe a combination of both.

wadesgirl said:

I like pound cake better than lady fingers anyway. Much more flavor!

I looked in the fresh bakery and in the frozen in two stores.

Can someone post the churro recipe so I can make my grocery list for tonight?

The S/S SBRC is available on CC, by the way:

The Pampered Chef ®
Sweet Cinnamon Churros with Dulce de Leche Dip
Recipe

CHURROS

All-purpose flour for dusting
1/2 pkg (17.3 oz or 397 g) frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted, divided
4 tbsp (60 mL) Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle, divided

DIP

1/4 cup (50 mL) heavy whipping cream
2 tsp (10 mL) instant coffee granules
1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
1 can (13.4 oz) dulce de leche (see Cook’s Tip)

For churros, preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line Cookie Sheet with Parchment Paper. Lightly sprinkle flat side of Large Grooved Cutting Board with flour. Unfold pastry onto cutting board; brush with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Sprinkle 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the sprinkle over pastry; lightly press into pastry using Baker's Roller®. Place Cookie Sheet, parchment-side down, over pastry. Invert both Cookie Sheet and cutting board; remove cutting board. Brush pastry with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining sprinkle, lightly pressing into pastry.

Cut pastry into four squares using Pizza Cutter. Cut each square into four strips; twist strips twice. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Slide parchment and churros onto Stackable Cooling Rack; cool churros 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, for dip, place cream into (1-cup/250-mL) Easy Read Measuring Cup. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm. Add coffee granules and cinnamon; stir until dissolved. Combine cream mixture and dulce de leche in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until hot; whisk until smooth. Serve dip with churros.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: (2 churros and 3 tbsp/45 mL): Calories 230, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 100 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: Dulce de leche is a thick caramel-like sauce that is available in cans. If desired, 50 caramels, unwrapped, can be substituted for the dulce de leche. Combine cream mixture and caramels in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NooraK said:
The S/S SBRC is available on CC, by the way:

The Pampered Chef ®
Sweet Cinnamon Churros with Dulce de Leche Dip
Recipe

CHURROS

All-purpose flour for dusting
1/2 pkg (17.3 oz or 397 g) frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted, divided
4 tbsp (60 mL) Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle, divided

DIP

1/4 cup (50 mL) heavy whipping cream
2 tsp (10 mL) instant coffee granules
1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
1 can (13.4 oz) dulce de leche (see Cook’s Tip)

For churros, preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line Cookie Sheet with Parchment Paper. Lightly sprinkle flat side of Large Grooved Cutting Board with flour. Unfold pastry onto cutting board; brush with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Sprinkle 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the sprinkle over pastry; lightly press into pastry using Baker's Roller®. Place Cookie Sheet, parchment-side down, over pastry. Invert both Cookie Sheet and cutting board; remove cutting board. Brush pastry with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining sprinkle, lightly pressing into pastry.

Cut pastry into four squares using Pizza Cutter. Cut each square into four strips; twist strips twice. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Slide parchment and churros onto Stackable Cooling Rack; cool churros 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, for dip, place cream into (1-cup/250-mL) Easy Read Measuring Cup. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm. Add coffee granules and cinnamon; stir until dissolved. Combine cream mixture and dulce de leche in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until hot; whisk until smooth. Serve dip with churros.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: (2 churros and 3 tbsp/45 mL): Calories 230, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 100 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: Dulce de leche is a thick caramel-like sauce that is available in cans. If desired, 50 caramels, unwrapped, can be substituted for the dulce de leche. Combine cream mixture and caramels in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason I cannot always get onto CC from work Thanks!

I made the BLT Toss for my spring kickoff shows at my house this weekend. Everyone raved. Definately needs the grape tomatoes cut in half, use smokey bacon and do not add more salt if you are using broth that is not low sodium. I also left all of the bacon grease rather than draining it and it was super flavorful

On the Chipotle Bake, I used the cut up green onion tops mixed into the corn bread. Makes it colorful and more flavorful.

I made the Cool & Crunchy Taco's yesterday after it took me two days and just giving in and going to this shady little hole in the wall Mexican market to find a jicama (I need to learn how to pronunciate that). DH loved it, and I am glad because it will be a way for me to sneak in a fruit of serving to him!

SURPRISE! Delivery from the FedEx man on Sunday (yes Sunday!) morning. They must be making up for all the day's lost to our two blizzards. We got the double boiler in, and I let DH make one of his recipe's last night. We did a chocolate one (which turned out much softer than what you would want for chocolate covered strawberries and probably just about ok for dipping).

I am awaiting my PC 3qt and hope that helps as I think the bottom of the boiler was touching water in the pot. We need to learn to adapt our recipe's (at least chocolate) before I post since one of the thickeners we use in Europe you can't get stateside and we used nutella instead! HAHA!

wadesgirl said:
I made the jalepeno popper pizzas and the chocolate peanut butter crunch bars last night. I have made the jalepeno popper pizzas before because they were in the last SB. They were one of my recipes I offered last season. So yummy! As far as the crunch bars, great recipe, really yummy! But I don't think I would do it for a show. Too many microwave steps and too many bowls. The recipe itself is very easy to follow and fast to put together (besides the fact that the microwave is clear across my kitchen from my work space). My only thought if you wanted to do this for a show is to do the marshmellow part in our cookware or the new double boiler if it will all fit to show something else.

Tomorrow I'm trying the artichoke appetizer, chili cornbread bake and the trifle!

Boy is that right! I felt like I used every bowl I owned to make this recipe yesterday. They are extremely good and not at all "Rice Crispie Treat-ish" as I feared they might be. I would definitely take them to a potluck or a party; however, do keep in mind that they melt in your mouth and in your hand both. Once warmer weather gets here (FL), they'll need to be kept in the refrigerator.​

I haven't made anything yet, but tomorrow is our meeting if we dont get snowed in again, and I volunteered to make the BLT pasta. I'm so glad I found this thread first! :)

For the chili cornbread, I said from the beginning that I would make up my meat/onion mix in the microcooker first and transfer to the DCB instead of draining. There is NO WAY I would be able to drain the meat with the weight of the baker. I thought that if I used the microcooker and made this at a show that it would be using and showing another product, and I brown my meat/onion mix in there all the time at home, why couldn't I do it for this recipe as well? Good idea or no?

I'm surprised that more people have not commented on the cool chicken tacos. I'm dying to try that one. And, it's pronounced Hicama, I had to look at it for a minute before I knew what it was, I've heard of it, but what is it??
We don't have any little Mexican holes in our rural town, what can I sub it with?

I made the Chili Cornbread Bake for dinner tonight - and it got 2 thumbs up from my 5 yr old and my husband. :thumbup::thumbup:

However, I made so many changes that I'm not sure it could be considered the same recipe!:eek:

**First - I used Ground turkey in place of the ground beef. I used the lean stuff, and I didn't really have any liquid to drain after it cooked.

**Then - I HATE :yuck::yuck::yuck: green pepper, so I used a red pepper instead

**I used a Sweet onion in place of the green onion. Basically because I wanted my son to eat it, and he'd be able to spot the green onion quickly.

**The only canned veggies I will buy are tomatoes, and beans. And when I buy them canned, I buy organic. Soooo, I didn't have chili beans, but I did have red kidney beans, and a can of chili tomatoes (w/ onion, garlic, and chilis) So I mixed those together with a bit of chili powder, cumin, and cilantro.

**The only salsa that I had was my homemade canned salsa - and since the yucky summer weather affected my tomato crop, I am rationing my salsa, and didn't want to waste it on a recipe that I didn't know if we'd like. So, I used an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce, a leftover canned chili pepper, and some garlic. I'd already added chili pepper, cumin and cilantro. :)

THEN **I made my own cornbread for the topping - but for the liquid, I added in the sour cream and egg, along with a Tbls. of oil.

I followed the cooking instructions though! And it turned out so so so so good! My little guy ate everything on his plate almost without talking!(Miracle!) and my big guy had two helpings....both said that I could make it again any time!

I think I will offer this as a recipe for March. I loved making it - and it uses a good number of products!

I made the blt toss tonight and ended up using more bacon fat than what it called for. Only because when I added the onions it seemed to be to dry to do the job. I added extra parsely (DH cut up to much and rather than hurt his feeling for trying to help I used most of it LOL) It was good. I also used the full box of linguine rather than just the 12 ounces. I remembered that helping with the Grilled Chicken Penne El Fresco LOL I did use lower sodium bacon and lower sodium chicken broth but did add the sea salt. DH loved it and he is a very picky eater.

I think I'm making the chicken tacos for dinner tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes. I am not a fan of cornbread mixed with other things, so I'm not sure if I'll make the Chili corn bread recipe. If I make it, I will have to make up chili beans because I don't buy those. I'll just add chili powder and cumin or something. I make my own chili w/o using a mix, so I'll make something up. That's a big IF I decide to make that recipe.

JAE said:
I think I'm making the chicken tacos for dinner tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes. I am not a fan of cornbread mixed with other things, so I'm not sure if I'll make the Chili corn bread recipe. If I make it, I will have to make up chili beans because I don't buy those. I'll just add chili powder and cumin or something. I make my own chili w/o using a mix, so I'll make something up. That's a big IF I decide to make that recipe.

LOL - did you just read what I posted? :) Basically, I made my own chili for it - and I made my own cornbread too. Rick and Micah loved it!

I've made the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake, the BLT Pasta Toss, Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups & the Sweet Cinnamon Churros...
CCCB = AMAZING!!! as is. My picky daughter went back for seconds. (I follow the recipe exactly the first time I make them.) Great leftovers too!
BLTPT = great taste the first night. wish the sauce was a bit thicker. not a great leftover, however!
KLDC = WOW! the filling reminds me of Key Lime Pie!!! super easy to make! AMAZING taste!
SCC = I didn't make the dip for this one, but this was a painfully easy recipe. I made one batch with Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles, a second batch with simple cinnamon & brown sugar (Sugar/Flour Shaker) and I used the pastry cutter to cut the puff pastry instead of the Pizza Cutter (I read the recipe to fast to pay attention to the tool recommendations; it worked great!) My kids (4 & 6) want to make them again with Sweet Apple Sprinkle with caramel sauce (ice cream topping) and the Lemon Sprinkle, maybe with the blueberry sauce recipe from the Summer Berry Shortcakes recipe! This is a great recipe for a Kids in the Kitchen Show!!!

chefsteph07 said:
I haven't made anything yet, but tomorrow is our meeting if we dont get snowed in again, and I volunteered to make the BLT pasta. I'm so glad I found this thread first! :)

For the chili cornbread, I said from the beginning that I would make up my meat/onion mix in the microcooker first and transfer to the DCB instead of draining. There is NO WAY I would be able to drain the meat with the weight of the baker. I thought that if I used the microcooker and made this at a show that it would be using and showing another product, and I brown my meat/onion mix in there all the time at home, why couldn't I do it for this recipe as well? Good idea or no?

I'm surprised that more people have not commented on the cool chicken tacos. I'm dying to try that one. And, it's pronounced Hicama, I had to look at it for a minute before I knew what it was, I've heard of it, but what is it??
We don't have any little Mexican holes in our rural town, what can I sub it with?

I think the key point is to show the DCB. What if you tilt the baker to one side and push the meat up to the top and clean with a paper towel? This is what I do on the stove top in the pan.

Okay - so the Chili Cornbread Bake is a definite winner!

How do I know this? Well, my DH just asked me if he could have the leftovers in his lunch today! :D

(Good thing there's enough leftovers for DS and me to have for lunch too!)

Had family here for dinner Saturday night made the artichoke bacon bites they were delicious.
However, I think for a party I would double the ingred and bake or micro it in the mini baker and let guests spoon it onto their plates

Teresa Lynn said:
Had family here for dinner Saturday night made the artichoke bacon bites they were delicious.
However, I think for a party I would double the ingred and bake or micro it in the mini baker and let guests spoon it onto their plates

I was wondering that. I'm making them for a party tonight and thought this may work better. Thanks!

Oh yah, for those who made the churros, is one batch enough for 7-8 people? I am serving other food but didn't want to not have enough. Also are they best served warm or can I make these ahead of time?

wadesgirl said:
Oh yah, for those who made the churros, is one batch enough for 7-8 people? I am serving other food but didn't want to not have enough. Also are they best served warm or can I make these ahead of time?
We had about 12 people at our cluster meeting, and of course, there was a lot of other food, but I know that she took some churros home with her. Everyone had at least one. (I had two! :)) Oh - and she had made them ahead - they were great!

Tonight I made Corn Bread Chili Bake, Artichoke thingys and the trifle. I'm going to offer these all for the next season! Corn Bread Chili bake was so simple and quick to put together. Got rave reviews. Artichoke thingys were great too. I made them as a dip in the small round baker and served chips on the side. The trifle was yummy too. I had to use pound cake. The only thing I didn't like was the pound cake layer looked too much like the pudding layer. There wasn't much color except the strawberries that peaked through. I got a pound of strawberries but it didn't make much of a layer that showed in the picture.

Teresa Lynn said:

OMgosh! Thank you for this Idea! I did this for my event last night and it worked wonderfully! I just did the normal recipe and put it in the mini baker.

I was not super crazy about it too peppery for me. I will add more tomatoes next time and maybe a bit less seasoning.

I also did the cool crunchy Tacos WOW!!! sooooo good! I served it like a salad on the large bamboo tray and had tortilla chips on the side. Next time I will dice the mango and jicima a bit smaller to serve it this way.

I made the Bacon, Linguine, Tomato Recipe last night - yum! I used 3 cups instead of 4 cups of broth and a little more than the 4 ounces of cream cheese and it was so good! I also didn't use the cherry tomatoes, thought it was great without them. DH said it was nearly better than his favorite dish at Olive Garden!

I made:
Cornbread Chipotle Chile - VERY easy to make. The chili part was good, but didn't care for the cornbread part - no taste! I'm doing a Tasting Event with close friends as my dinner guests so I will let them decide.

Trifle - My husband almost ate all the pudding mixture out of the bowl. He LOVED it! Heck, we all loved it! I used a container of frozen cut strawberries. I spooned in some of the 'sauce' - gave it more color and strawberry flavor.

Now I can't wait to make the Artichoke things but in the mini baker - that sounds easier and yummier.

BLT is next definitely!

meganmcg said:
I made the Bacon, Linguine, Tomato Recipe last night - yum! I used 3 cups instead of 4 cups of broth and a little more than the 4 ounces of cream cheese and it was so good! I also didn't use the cherry tomatoes, thought it was great without them. DH said it was nearly better than his favorite dish at Olive Garden!

For Valentine's, DH and I went to Olive Garden for dinner. It was so funny, because as I was eating my meal I thought to myself that it wasn't as good as I remembered it. I guess the yummy recipes I keep making are just pretty darn good, that eating out isn't tasting better--it just keeps me out of the kitchen and off my feet. :D

etteluap70PC said:
...I also did the cool crunchy Tacos WOW!!! sooooo good! I served it like a salad on the large bamboo tray and had tortilla chips on the side. Next time I will dice the mango and jicama a bit smaller to serve it this way.

That is an awesome idea that I may just borrow. We made this per the instructions at our Cluster meeting last Monday and what a mess -- putting them together takes a while and as they were being eaten pieces were falling out on the floor and down our shirts, etc. I thought, hmm, not a great party recipe -- too messy. But the taste was fabulous so your salad with chips idea is a great one! Thanks bunches.​

LeslieSGI said:
That is an awesome idea that I may just borrow. We made this per the instructions at our Cluster meeting last Monday and what a mess -- putting them together takes a while and as they were being eaten pieces were falling out on the floor and down our shirts, etc. I thought, hmm, not a great party recipe -- too messy. But the taste was fabulous so your salad with chips idea is a great one! Thanks bunches.​

For the leftovers today I crunched up the tortilla chips and sprinkled them on OMG!!!! Soooooo good! I will serve this with the crushed chips next time!

Becky, I like your adjustments. Sounds like your tomato sauce was an adjustment for the chili sauce in the beans and your tomatoes were an adjustment for the salsa! Sounds much healthier.Does anybody know if you can make the cornbread without the sour cream, using oil and milk instead? I don't keep the vile stuff in the house, though I can live with it if it's cooked into a recipe.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Becky, I like your adjustments. Sounds like your tomato sauce was an adjustment for the chili sauce in the beans and your tomatoes were an adjustment for the salsa! Sounds much healthier.

Does anybody know if you can make the cornbread without the sour cream, using oil and milk instead? I don't keep the vile stuff in the house, though I can live with it if it's cooked into a recipe.

Di - at the bottom of the recipe page for the Cornbread Bake, in the cooks tips, there is a recipe for cornbread that you can use w/o the sour cream. I used my own recipe, but modified it to include the sour cream, since I LOVE sour cream! (I buy mine in the huge tub at Costco!)

<h2>1. What is the recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" and is it kid-friendly?</h2><p>The recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" can be found on the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. It is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that has been a hit with both adults and children.</p><h2>2. Can I make substitutions for some of the ingredients in this recipe?</h2><p>Yes, you can definitely make substitutions based on your personal preferences or what you have on hand. In this particular review, the cook used dried parsley and thin pasta instead of fresh parsley and linguine. You can also adjust the amount of certain ingredients, such as using 1 can of seasoned diced tomatoes instead of 2 cans or reducing the amount of bacon.</p><h2>3. How much does this recipe cost to make?</h2><p>Based on the ingredients used in this review, it is estimated that this recipe costs around $7.00 to make. However, this cost can vary depending on where you purchase your ingredients and if you make any substitutions.</p><h2>4. Can I add any other ingredients to this dish?</h2><p>Yes, you can definitely add other ingredients to this dish to make it even more delicious. In this review, the cook suggests adding diced grilled chicken or grilled shrimp, which would make excellent additions to the recipe.</p><h2>5. Is this recipe worth adding to my regular meal rotation?</h2><p>Based on the positive review and suggestions for additions, it seems like this recipe is definitely worth adding to your regular meal rotation. It is a simple and tasty dish that can be easily customized to your liking.</p>

1. What is the recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" and is it kid-friendly?

The recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" can be found on the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. It is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that has been a hit with both adults and children.

2. Can I make substitutions for some of the ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely make substitutions based on your personal preferences or what you have on hand. In this particular review, the cook used dried parsley and thin pasta instead of fresh parsley and linguine. You can also adjust the amount of certain ingredients, such as using 1 can of seasoned diced tomatoes instead of 2 cans or reducing the amount of bacon.

3. How much does this recipe cost to make?

Based on the ingredients used in this review, it is estimated that this recipe costs around $7.00 to make. However, this cost can vary depending on where you purchase your ingredients and if you make any substitutions.

4. Can I add any other ingredients to this dish?

Yes, you can definitely add other ingredients to this dish to make it even more delicious. In this review, the cook suggests adding diced grilled chicken or grilled shrimp, which would make excellent additions to the recipe.

5. Is this recipe worth adding to my regular meal rotation?

Based on the positive review and suggestions for additions, it seems like this recipe is definitely worth adding to your regular meal rotation. It is a simple and tasty dish that can be easily customized to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stampaholic1961
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • esavvymom