• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Season's Besgt S/S 2010 Recipe Reviews

In summary, the conversation discussed recipes and reviews for the Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss, Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa, Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake, Artichoke & Bacon Bites, Caramel Drink, Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars, Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread, Mango Margaritas, and Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups. The reviewers had positive feedback on all the dishes with some minor adjustments being necessary in a few of them. Additionally, the recipe for the Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups was requested by one of the readers.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Tonight I made "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato toss"YUM! We all liked it even my sometimes picky kids!I had everything on hand excepy the parsley and linguine so I used dried and thin pasta instead.as I was adding in my head I would guess this recipe cost me around $7.00 to make.I could cit that by only using 1 can of the seasoned diced tomatoes and using 1/2 lb of bacon vs. 2/3lb.We will definitely be adding it to our list.I am also going to try adding some diced grilled chicken or some grilled shrimp. I think both would be an excellent addition.UGH.... Sory for the typo in the title! :(

Last edited:
I made the Chipotle Chilli Cornbread Chilli bake. It was good. I am going to make it again making the cornbread according to the directions on the box and add some cornto the meat mixture.

Wow you guys are fast with trying out these recipes. I didn't even take the CB out of my bag yet let alone try them. Can't wait to hear all of the reviews.

I had my launch on Tuesday... :)

I'm trying the Quesadilla Cups and Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars tomorrow. I will let you know how they go!

wadesgirl said:
I'm trying the Quesadilla Cups and Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars tomorrow. I will let you know how they go!

Please do! Thy are both on my list but the bars look putsy to me.

etteluap70PC said:
Please do! Thy are both on my list but the bars look putsy to me.

You know I will. I have several recipes on my list to try. I just picked these two to bring to a super bowl party tomorrow. The rest I'll make next week at the spa party I'm having.

I'm going to be making a few of the new ones for my "adult" ;) party I have planned.

The Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa -- easy and fabulous and will be a MAJOR hit with "foodies". Four of us just polished off all 24 of them in minutes for a light lunch. Four thumbs up!!! Nice kick.​

Quesadilla Cups are fab! I usually don't like making items in the DMMP for shows because it can be time consuming. However, there are lots of things for the guests to prep and putting them together really didn't take too much time. And, there is no need to wait more than a few minutes for cooling.Loved the Chili Cornbread Bake - the cornbread was a bit sweet for me, but I also was light on the Chipotle Rub and salt. I used 2 tsp of the rub instead of the 2 Tbsp. With a bit more spice and some salt (more cheese on top could help with the salt) it would be more balanced.

I'm making the Bacon, Linguini & Tomato Toss right now...but there's a typo in step 3. It doesn't say how much parsley to add with the cream cheese, and how much to reserve. One says "remaining parsley" and the other says "reserved parsley".

I have tried the Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread. Between my fiance and myself we nearly ate the entire thing in about 15 minutes it was SO GOOD! Think Margherita pizza with chicken.... The fresh basil alone will make your guests swoon!

I made the chicken the magic pot and the rest of the recipe uses many of the new consultant kit items quite nicely. I will definitely be doing this one at my March shows!

I made the Mango Margaritas for a Girls Night Out party at my house. Yummy and looked SO pretty in the martini glasses! Very very painstaking to make though. I don't like my drinks to take that long to make! I felt like I was in the kitchen the whole time instead of visiting with my friends. I'm not sure what I would do to make this faster. Unless you prepped the ingredients before the party and made enough for lots of batches. We had 6 ladies, who drank about 2 each. The recipe made 4 drinks. But even just doing 3 batches made it take FOREVER it seemed like. But it was tasty!

Just made the nectarine salsa recipe. I've never used or bought nectarines before. DH thought the nectarine tasted not ripe (he tried a bite before I made it). The recipe called for a firm nectarine so that's what I grabbed. Any tips?The recipe itself was quick and easy, would be a great hands on recipe since they need to be served immediately. There was a lot of things that the guests could do. It tasted pretty good but I'm partial to the pineapple salsa. Or it might be good with a chicken mixture on top too.

wadesgirl said:
Just made the nectarine salsa recipe. I've never used or bought nectarines before. DH thought the nectarine tasted not ripe (he tried a bite before I made it). The recipe called for a firm nectarine so that's what I grabbed. Any tips?

The recipe itself was quick and easy, would be a great hands on recipe since they need to be served immediately. There was a lot of things that the guests could do. It tasted pretty good but I'm partial to the pineapple salsa. Or it might be good with a chicken mixture on top too.

In the Cook's Tips it does mention that you can substitute 1 medium peach for the nectarine. I can't wait to try these.

Last edited:
We had our February meeting yesterday & did a parade of the recipes.

We had:
Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake
Artichoke & Bacon Bites
Caramel Drink
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars

For the Bake - one of the girls had made it the night before & thought that the meat mixture was too thick. We used homemade salsa (not thick & chunky) and the meat layer had a better consistency. I was also out of Chipotle (can't believe that) so we used 1/2 chipotle & 1/2 southwest. It was GREAT. We all thought that it would be a great demo recipe.

For the Bites - Some said it was a little salty or 'tinny' tasting, like the can. Thought maybe rinsing the artichoke hearts would make the recipe better. We all thought that they were super tasty though maybe a bit tedious to make. I had the remainder after everyone left & they had cooled a bit. I thought they were better that way.

For the drink - It was really good! I don't like coffee but this was yummy. Consultant that made it said she mixed it in the Batter bowl then let it cool b/c the pitcher can't have hot liquids (like the new one!). I don't care for chocolate & cinnamon together so I would not use the cinnamon. BUT - I know that's a mexican combination so if I did it for a party, I would use the cinnamon.

For the bars - Two consultants brought these. Everyone loved them & they agreed they would make them at a party. Said the peanut butter/karo syrup was thick but well worth it!

Can't wait to try even more of the recipes. Thought that the cookbook was full of great ones to try!!

I just made the Bacon, Linguine, and Tomato toss (hereby referred to as BLT pasta to make my life easier) and while I think it tastes delish, I had a LOT of liquid leftover in the pot. Next time I'll try it using less broth. I'd like the sauce to be thicker.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 522
Gosh, Keith wanna come to my house and test that recipe??? It looks DELICIOUS and much better than Wally-World Pizzas.

I wish I had a season's best, wasn't able to get to a launch.

Anyone want to share recipes??

Thanks,

Lisa

They're actually up on CC!

My kids LOVED the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake! I made it last Wednesday. I can't believe how EASY it was, and it's even less expensive than $2/serving!

Can anyone tell me the recipe that corresponds to the picture for the April host special (I'm looking at the mini muffins with kiwi and strawberries on top). I've attached the flyer I'm referring to. If you can share the recipe I would greatly appreciate it! It's not listed on the Canadian CC and I don't have a spring/summer recipe book yet. Thanks!

Attachments

• hs_10apr_en_ca.pdf
    233.3 KB · Views: 441
From the recipe, it seems they are these:

The Pampered Chef ®
Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups
Recipe

Nonstick cooking spray with flour
1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds, toasted, divided
1/2 pkg (16.5 oz/468 g) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 lime
2 oz (60 g) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp (30 mL) powdered sugar
1 drop green food coloring
2 cups (500 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
1 cup (250 mL) fresh strawberries
2 medium kiwi, peeled

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray cups of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Set aside 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the almonds in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl. Finely chop remaining almonds using Food Chopper; place onto lid of Classic Batter Bowl.

Cut cookie dough into six 1/2-inch-thick (1-cm) disks using Utility Knife. Dip disks into chopped almonds, coating evenly. Cut each disk into four wedges for a total of 24 wedges. Place wedges into cups of pan; bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown (wedges will form into cups). Cool in pan 3-4 minutes; remove cups to Stackable Cooling Rack.

Meanwhile, zest lime using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tsp (5 mL). Juice lime to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL). Combine zest, juice, cream cheese, sugar and food coloring in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth. Add whipped topping; mix until stiff using Small Mix ‘N Scraper® (see Cook's Tip). Spoon cream cheese mixture into large resealable plastic bag; set aside. Thinly slice strawberries and kiwi; cut kiwi slices in half.

To assemble, trim corner of bag; pipe filling evenly into cups. Top with strawberries, kiwi and reserved almonds.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: The filling may appear curdled when mixing in the whipped topping; continue mixing until filling appears smooth again.

(The S/S 2010 SBRC is now available on CC)

Thank you so much Noora K! You're the best!

karen_anne1 said:
Thank you so much Noora K! You're the best!

BTW, the cake on the pedestal is in the new cookbook.

It's called Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups.

NooraK said:

BTW, the cake on the pedestal is in the new cookbook.

Yes, and I can't wait "Strawberry-Champagne" if I remember correctly. I only hope it really has Champagne in it! I just got back from honeymooning in the Catalonian region and I am addicted to Cava right now!

Yes, I peeked at the recipe in the book at Spring Launch, and it does call for champagne.

PamperedChefLayla said:
I made the Chipotle Chilli Cornbread Chilli bake. It was good. I am going to make it again making the cornbread according to the directions on the box and add some cornto the meat mixture.

I did this one Sunday night for DH's super bowl treat. I made a lot of modifications (as usual) since the recipe's aren't that healthy.

The cornbread mix we used was organic/GF from Costco (and it was larger than a regular mix) so my cook time was extended by 5 minutes. However it was not sweet at all as someone else mentioned.

We do not eat read meat and I instead used turkey. Worked great. I wish we had a tool to drain the DCB though!

I used kidney beans instead of the chili beans. For two reasons, I couldn't find chili beans and I doubt if I do if I can find GF ones.

Additionally, I added a bag of frozen corn at the step when you add the salsa which added our extra serving of veggies!!

Tonight I think it will be the new "BLT"

I cannot wait to see the dessert cookbook!

NooraK said:
Yes, I peeked at the recipe in the book at Spring Launch, and it does call for champagne.

Yay! You just made my day!

I am looking forward to making it. I don't have any of our cake pans yet so I will have to see which one's it calls for.

Artichoke bacon bites are FABULOUS!!!!

Hubby requested the Artichoke bacon bites for an app and the Chipolte Chili Bake for dinner Saturday. I made them both and he really like the bites, I was suprised, he's kind of picky at times. I thought the saltiness with the zingy artichokes was different and very good.

He also really loved the bake, but I thought it reminded me more of Barbecue than Chili. Not sure if maybe it was the brand of chili beans I used or what. I like the thought of using the Southwest seasoning in it, I will have to try that.

Making the one pot pasta tonight, even though it's not technically a new recipe, but it is in the new book.

leftymac said:
I just made the Bacon, Linguine, and Tomato toss (hereby referred to as BLT pasta to make my life easier) and while I think it tastes delish, I had a LOT of liquid leftover in the pot. Next time I'll try it using less broth. I'd like the sauce to be thicker.

I'm making this tonight and I could only find 16 oz boxes of linguine at Kroger (I shopped on my way back from Spring Launch) but since they were on sale 10 boxes for $1.00 (!!!) I decided to get 3 boxes to make 4 recipes worth. I sure do hope we like it! Can't imagine that we won't love it though.​

robochick84 said:
I did this one Sunday night for DH's super bowl treat. I made a lot of modifications (as usual) since the recipe's aren't that healthy.

We do not eat read meat and I instead used turkey. Worked great. I wish we had a tool to drain the DCB though!

A tool to drain the DCB is definitely a nice idea! It was hard to not dump out the beef when I made the Chili Cornbread Bake.

I enjoyed that dish too, but felt the cornbread was lacking in some flavor. I used Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. Not sure what else I could add to it to make it better. I thought of maybe some jalapeños, but it's seriously already spicy enough for me. Any suggestions?

leftymac said:
A tool to drain the DCB is definitely a nice idea! It was hard to not dump out the beef when I made the Chili Cornbread Bake.

How about the Drainer? My exec suggested it.

That's a good idea. Now if only I had it!

Chefstover2 said:

I made this last night and, as I was contemplating how I was going to drain the liquid while trying to hang on to the hot DCB, my husband suggested I use my Baster. Worked like a charm :thumbup:

Personally, if I made that recipe, I would be using a collander for SURE. Either that, or tilt to one side, hold the beef with the slotted spoon, and blot with a paper towel.

I made the Strawberry Coconut Tres-Leches Trifle for the Super Bowl Party. Well...it was gone in 5 minutes! Does that tell you anything? My husband was upset that he didn't even get to taste it. Well, neither did I for that matter. The only thing was that I couldn't find the soft lady fingers and used pound cake instead. It was easy and smelled amazing and looked like I spent all day on it.

cochef said:
I made this last night and, as I was contemplating how I was going to drain the liquid while trying to hang on to the hot DCB, my husband suggested I use my Baster. Worked like a charm :thumbup:

Yup the baster works like a charm. I also use it when doing the Make ahead ground beef in the 12 inch skillet. That sucker is big and heavy. I have almost burned myself many times before I tried the baster.

DessertDivaFL said:
I made the Strawberry Coconut Tres-Leches Trifle for the Super Bowl Party. Well...it was gone in 5 minutes! Does that tell you anything? My husband was upset that he didn't even get to taste it. Well, neither did I for that matter. The only thing was that I couldn't find the soft lady fingers and used pound cake instead. It was easy and smelled amazing and looked like I spent all day on it.

I made this yesterday and took it to work. I call them my guinea pigs, and they love that fact LOL Anyway, I barely got to try it. They absolutely loved it. There was just enough left to bring home for myself and DH.

I am a little confused on the lady fingers as well. The directions say 3 (3 ounce) packages for a total of 24. However, our 3 ounce packages around here have 12 in them so do I need 3 or just 2? I used just two and it seemed kind of mooshy. Next time I will try with 2 1/2 and see if that helps. I know it sucks up the milks quickly though.

Did you ask your bakery department about the lady fingers? They also sell them in the commercial dessert/bread aisle at the grocery stores around here.

Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread :love:

I just made this - LOVED it!! I cooked 2 chicken breast in the DCB while the crust cooked and I added a little of the sun dried tomato herb & chopped it up with the salad choppers. I used chopped pecans & then used the shears to cut up the basil. I wasn't sure how much 1oz of cheese was so I guessed. I also used the microplane to grade the cheese over the top. I wish I made the mandoline but otherwise I LOVED this recipe. Its going on my list for dinner recipes at home for sure! :sing:

PamperedChefMelissa said:
Karen I believe they are the Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups

We made these at our cluster meeting last night. We demoed and assembled together. They were awesome! The presentation of these was amazing. I would definitely suggest these for a show. We did find that the amount of 1/2 inch slices in the roll of cookie dough, needed to be more. They were originally too big for the mini muffin pan. When made smaller, it made a lot more and they looked great.

Any suggestions on a substitue for the whipping cream in the Churro dip? I have a hubby that is allergic to dairy, but know he would love the caramel and coffee flavors in it. He liked the churros too.

I am going to try the churros but with the apple sprinkle instead and maybe some kind of more caramel dip.

Chefstover2 said:

Is this the one for the pots, etc? I will have to go check it out....

We didn't mind the brand of corbread that we used, it was the perfect blend for the spicyness of the base. One thing I did add to the top (but once again, that's just the health nut side of me) was a dollop of plain yogurt (sour cream substitute) for us it gave a serving of dairy. Other's may do it to add taste to the top of the cornbread.

Did the BLT in the DCB last night. It works but I learned the hard way that the skillet recipe used much more broth than the DCB version would do. We did chicken instead of "bacon", and DH loved it.

Patty Davis said:
I made the Mango Margaritas for a Girls Night Out party at my house. Yummy and looked SO pretty in the martini glasses! Very very painstaking to make though. I don't like my drinks to take that long to make! I felt like I was in the kitchen the whole time instead of visiting with my friends. I'm not sure what I would do to make this faster. Unless you prepped the ingredients before the party and made enough for lots of batches. We had 6 ladies, who drank about 2 each. The recipe made 4 drinks. But even just doing 3 batches made it take FOREVER it seemed like. But it was tasty!

I thought the same thing whem making the chocolate raspberry martinis, but what I did was triple the recipe and prep it in the quickstir pitcher. Then when the party started, I just poured some into the shaker with ice and served...It was a hit! It will probably work with this recipe as well.

robochick84 said:
Is this the one for the pots, etc? I will have to go check it out....

We didn't mind the brand of corbread that we used, it was the perfect blend for the spicyness of the base. One thing I did add to the top (but once again, that's just the health nut side of me) was a dollop of plain yogurt (sour cream substitute) for us it gave a serving of dairy. Other's may do it to add taste to the top of the cornbread.

Did the BLT in the DCB last night. It works but I learned the hard way that the skillet recipe used much more broth than the DCB version would do. We did chicken instead of "bacon", and DH loved it.

Could you give some pointers in how you did this?

yes definitely would like pointers on doing BLT pasta in the DCB!

I precooked the chicken, and then realized I probably didn't have to do it, and that I could of done it all at the same time.

I dumped the broth, garlic (and other seasoning), canned tomatoes, and pasta in the DCB and microwaved for 10+10 with stirring in between. When it came out I added my chicken, the fresh tomatoes, and the cream cheese.

I made the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake tonight. Very good!! I did tweak it a bit, but had some thoughts for future:
(1) I used half the called for amount of Chipotle peppers (didn't have Rub) because didn't know how much of a kick it would have and my kids wouldn't appreciate too spicy :). 1/2 Tbsp of diced peppers was just a bit of a kick - kids still didn't like the kick/meat, but did like the bread part.(2) I added about 1/2 cup of Sweet Cream Corn to the muffin mix batter. Next time, I'll use 1/2 cup of Sour Cream, and 1/2 cup of the Cream corn. The batter was too runny if I used all of the sour cream and the 1/2 cup corn....I had to use part of another box of muffin mix and then it took longer to cook because it was thick- but the cornbread was super moist, perfectly sweet, and YUM!!!(3) I think it needed more meat mix. I may try to double the beef/beans mixture. There wasn't very much of that- nothing like the photo shows. We figured they scraped it all together just for the photo! :DBut it was delicious flavor!! Can't wait to try some other ones. Still not sure why they put this in a Spring/Summer theme though- seems more of a Fall/Winter food to me.

<h2>1. What is the recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" and is it kid-friendly?</h2><p>The recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" can be found on the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. It is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that has been a hit with both adults and children.</p><h2>2. Can I make substitutions for some of the ingredients in this recipe?</h2><p>Yes, you can definitely make substitutions based on your personal preferences or what you have on hand. In this particular review, the cook used dried parsley and thin pasta instead of fresh parsley and linguine. You can also adjust the amount of certain ingredients, such as using 1 can of seasoned diced tomatoes instead of 2 cans or reducing the amount of bacon.</p><h2>3. How much does this recipe cost to make?</h2><p>Based on the ingredients used in this review, it is estimated that this recipe costs around $7.00 to make. However, this cost can vary depending on where you purchase your ingredients and if you make any substitutions.</p><h2>4. Can I add any other ingredients to this dish?</h2><p>Yes, you can definitely add other ingredients to this dish to make it even more delicious. In this review, the cook suggests adding diced grilled chicken or grilled shrimp, which would make excellent additions to the recipe.</p><h2>5. Is this recipe worth adding to my regular meal rotation?</h2><p>Based on the positive review and suggestions for additions, it seems like this recipe is definitely worth adding to your regular meal rotation. It is a simple and tasty dish that can be easily customized to your liking.</p>

1. What is the recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" and is it kid-friendly?

The recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" can be found on the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. It is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that has been a hit with both adults and children.

2. Can I make substitutions for some of the ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely make substitutions based on your personal preferences or what you have on hand. In this particular review, the cook used dried parsley and thin pasta instead of fresh parsley and linguine. You can also adjust the amount of certain ingredients, such as using 1 can of seasoned diced tomatoes instead of 2 cans or reducing the amount of bacon.

3. How much does this recipe cost to make?

Based on the ingredients used in this review, it is estimated that this recipe costs around $7.00 to make. However, this cost can vary depending on where you purchase your ingredients and if you make any substitutions.

4. Can I add any other ingredients to this dish?

Yes, you can definitely add other ingredients to this dish to make it even more delicious. In this review, the cook suggests adding diced grilled chicken or grilled shrimp, which would make excellent additions to the recipe.

5. Is this recipe worth adding to my regular meal rotation?

Based on the positive review and suggestions for additions, it seems like this recipe is definitely worth adding to your regular meal rotation. It is a simple and tasty dish that can be easily customized to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stampaholic1961
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • esavvymom