• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Season's Besgt S/S 2010 Recipe Reviews

In summary, the conversation discussed recipes and reviews for the Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss, Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa, Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake, Artichoke & Bacon Bites, Caramel Drink, Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars, Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread, Mango Margaritas, and Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups. The reviewers had positive feedback on all the dishes with some minor adjustments being necessary in a few of them. Additionally, the recipe for the Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups was requested by one of the readers.
I, too, loved the BLT Pasta. I am thinking of substituting shrimp for bacon for a Friday night dinner since it is lent. I have a lot of shows on Friday nights (ladies nite out) and sometimes we have an issue with deciding on a demo recipe at this time of year. Shows a lot of great product and is another great "one pot" meal. Plus it serves a lot!

I can't wait to make the jalopeno popper things

pkd09 said:
I, too, loved the BLT Pasta. I am thinking of substituting shrimp for bacon for a Friday night dinner since it is lent. I have a lot of shows on Friday nights (ladies nite out) and sometimes we have an issue with deciding on a demo recipe at this time of year. Shows a lot of great product and is another great "one pot" meal. Plus it serves a lot!

During Lent, on my Friday Shows, I'll be doing the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, especially since it's still a bit chilly outside, it's quick & easy...
The Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups and Churros are an alternative for Ladies' Night (the Host can provide "adult beverages" or regular drinks).

CHILI CORNBREAD RECIPE So my children are very picky- so I didn't add the bell peppers, or the onions and I seasoned the beef with seasoning salt and garlic salt, and just made the corn muffin mixture with the sour cream and egg. didnt add any seasoning (chipotle) - Did everything else the same. It tastes GREAT!

okay, so when doing these recipes don't run back and forth from the counter to the stove to read the recipe!!!! I put in 2 tbsp of red pepper flakes instead of 1/2 tbs for the BLT pasta. OMG!!!! The DH loved it since he loves spicy things. Thank goodness I had my cold glass of wine to wash mine down with. Lots of great flavor but WOW what heat. LOL oh well, DH has lunch for tomorrow and I now know to read and prep ingredients first on not to fly around!!!! Other than that love the recipe and will be a fun one to "Play with" adding different proteins. ie chicken, sausage, shrimp.

Last night I made the Quesadilla cups with Nectarine Salsa. EXCELLENT! Not sure that it's a good show recipe because I don't like using the mini muffin pan and doing tedious things like pressing down the tortilla wedges or filling each one with salsa. BUT, they were so good, I might reconsider. PLUS, (Sorry for the capitalization, I'm just so excited about this recipe!) they only take 5-7 minutes to bake. I love that! I added up the product used, and surprisingly it came to $477.75 if using the stainless bowls instead of the batter bowl. That includes a SA platter for serving, too.

I also made the Quick Fudgy Brownies last week, and they were good. I used $421 worth of product and the ingredients were under $4 not including normal pantry items like flour, sugar, and baking powder. I baked them instead of microwaving them because I was taking them to a meeting rather than eating them right away. If a host wanted something extra at a show this would be a quick recipe to make up ahead and then place in the microwave towards the end of the presentation.

In the earlier posts about the Chili Cornbread Bake there was concern on how to pour off the juices. I put the smallest stainless colander in the sink to catch any meat that might fall out of the DCB. I carefully poured off the juices through the colander trying to be careful so most of it stayed in the DCB. Toward the end some meat fell into the colander, but no problem, just put it back into the DCB when it was all drained.

I felt that the Cornbread lacked something -- like 1/2-3/4 c. corn for some texture?? The second night I served it (leftovers) we had corn on the side and it was a nice compliment to the CCB.

Tomorrow I make the the Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches Trifle for my Open House -- sounds so good. But could not find the Lady Fingers at the four grocery stores I stopped at -- so pound cake it will be.

JAE said:
Last night I made the Quesadilla cups with Nectarine Salsa. EXCELLENT! Not sure that it's a good show recipe because I don't like using the mini muffin pan and doing tedious things like pressing down the tortilla wedges or filling each one with salsa. BUT, they were so good, I might reconsider. PLUS, (Sorry for the capitalization, I'm just so excited about this recipe!) they only take 5-7 minutes to bake. I love that! I added up the product used, and surprisingly it came to $477.75 if using the stainless bowls instead of the batter bowl. That includes a SA platter for serving, too.

I also made the Quick Fudgy Brownies last week, and they were good. I used $421 worth of product and the ingredients were under $4 not including normal pantry items like flour, sugar, and baking powder. I baked them instead of microwaving them because I was taking them to a meeting rather than eating them right away. If a host wanted something extra at a show this would be a quick recipe to make up ahead and then place in the microwave towards the end of the presentation.

Yeah - that capitalization can be SO annoying. (hahahaha!) :D

I'm going to have to try the Quesadilla Cups - any tips?

LOVE the churros! Really easy to put together. Want to try with the new apple sprinkles. I have never worked with puff pastry before so I put too much butter so some of them didn't puff up. The dip was good but I don't like coffee so if I make it again I'll leave that out. Even just the churros by themselves are really good!When I made the corn bread bake I lifted the DCB up by one end and moved the hamburger to the end up. Then used the mix n chop and a paper towel to clear the grease. I do like the colander idea but my dad would freak out if he knew I dumped the grease down the sink (long family story!).

When I made the chipolte chili corn bread bake I used 93% ground beef and didn't have any grease to drain off. If I had I would have used the baster to get it out rather than trying to juggle that hot stone... I L:love:OVE our baster and cleaning brush. Next time I make that recipe I'll use just 1 Tbsp of the chipolte though - it was a bit spicy for us.

wadesgirl said:
LOVE the churros! Really easy to put together. Want to try with the new apple sprinkles. I have never worked with puff pastry before so I put too much butter so some of them didn't puff up. The dip was good but I don't like coffee so if I make it again I'll leave that out. Even just the churros by themselves are really good!

When I made the corn bread bake I lifted the DCB up by one end and moved the hamburger to the end up. Then used the mix n chop and a paper towel to clear the grease. I do like the colander idea but my dad would freak out if he knew I dumped the grease down the sink (long family story!).

BethCooks4U said:
When I made the chipolte chili corn bread bake I used 93% ground beef and didn't have any grease to drain off. If I had I would have used the baster to get it out rather than trying to juggle that hot stone... I L:love:OVE our baster and cleaning brush. Next time I make that recipe I'll use just 1 Tbsp of the chipolte though - it was a bit spicy for us.

I used the same lean ground beef, but ended up with a ton of juices. I think they were actual juices, not grease. So in that instance I guess it would be fine to go down the drain. But you could use the colanders w/ bowls and then pour the drippings into a used can or something.

I actually just bought the baster to use for sucking up grease. I'm going to try it out and hope I like the results. My sister does it all the time and says it's so much nicer than using a spoon or straining food.

babywings76 said:
I used the same lean ground beef, but ended up with a ton of juices. I think they were actual juices, not grease. So in that instance I guess it would be fine to go down the drain. But you could use the colanders w/ bowls and then pour the drippings into a used can or something.

I actually just bought the baster to use for sucking up grease. I'm going to try it out and hope I like the results. My sister does it all the time and says it's so much nicer than using a spoon or straining food.

Good idea!

I just made the Chicken Tomato Pesto Flatbread and it's so delicious! Very quick, very easy, and I think it'd make a great show recipe. Cut it in smaller squares for appetizers, or larger ones for a main dish!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 379
leftymac said:
I just made the Chicken Tomato Pesto Flatbread and it's so delicious! Very quick, very easy, and I think it'd make a great show recipe. Cut it in smaller squares for appetizers, or larger ones for a main dish!

That picture is MUCH better than the Cheeseburger Turtles!

So - do you think this could be made with store-bought pesto? Not that I'm averse to making it, but in a moment of weakness, I bought the HUGE jar of pesto at Costco...just lookin' for ways to use it up!

ChefBeckyD said:
That picture is MUCH better than the Cheeseburger Turtles!

So - do you think this could be made with store-bought pesto? Not that I'm averse to making it, but in a moment of weakness, I bought the HUGE jar of pesto at Costco...just lookin' for ways to use it up!

Now come on..those cheeseburger turtles were so cute!! Creepy, but cute!

I'm sure it can be made with store-bought pesto. I don't see why not. Just mix that with the chicken and provolone (I used a mixture of mozzarella and provolone b/c that's all I could find). It did take two seconds to make the pesto at home, though. I did feel like I was cheating though b/c usually I use a food processor if making it. ;)

I did the crunchy chicken tacos the other night and they were really good. My kids didnt like it but what is new. I bought the jicama in the produce isle at smiths and I live in a really small town. the closest mall is 3 hrs away =)

Chipoltle chili cornbread was a Winner at a family dinner! :)

I soo want to try the BLT pasta~ and pretty much all of the rest~ :p

Jennie4PC said:
I did the crunchy chicken tacos the other night and they were really good. My kids didnt like it but what is new. I bought the jicama in the produce isle at smiths and I live in a really small town. the closest mall is 3 hrs away =)

I live in New Jersey and the grocery store, while big, never seems to have the "weird" ingredients. We have an Asian supermarket, but there won't be jicama there. There isn't a hispanic market nearby that I know of.

Has anyone had trouble getting the cornbread to cook in the Chipotle Chili recipe? I made it the other night and it was raw in the middle underneath the cooked part. I had already made this my recipe for my host tonight and I am a little nervous. My microwave is very new so it usually takes less time than the recipe calls for and I actually cooked this for an extra 10 minutes. Any ideas?
Thanks!!!

cincychef said:
Has anyone had trouble getting the cornbread to cook in the Chipotle Chili recipe? I made it the other night and it was raw in the middle underneath the cooked part. I had already made this my recipe for my host tonight and I am a little nervous. My microwave is very new so it usually takes less time than the recipe calls for and I actually cooked this for an extra 10 minutes. Any ideas?
Thanks!!!

Does your microwave have a turntable? Maybe it was just in the "wrong" spot in the microwave.

I did try some more recipes over the weekend:
BLT Pasta: Personally not a good show recipe, too many things going on at once! Taste was pretty good but this recipe made ALOT! If I make it at home every I'd probably add chicken and half the recipe. Might also try it with angel hair pasta because that's what we like the most.

Tomato Chicken Flatbread: To DIE for! Great show recipe and wonderful taste. I will add this one to my recipes for the season.

Quick Fudgy Brownie: Didn't seem too quick to me, I know the bake time is short but when I think quick I think of prep time. I'd rather mix a box of brownie mix and throw that in the oven with the candy bar on top! I also do not think they were "fudgy" brownies but more of a cake brownie which I do not like. DH loved it though! This could possibly be a show recipe to show off the baker but there are a lot of other great ones that show off the baker.

BLT: I WAAAAYYY overdid it with the red pepper. Roomie won't touch it. That leaves me a lot of leftovers to take to work. The one at my cluster meeting was soo much better.

Tomato Chcien Flatbread: Would love to try this one. The person who made it didn't melt the cheese. Not too easy to eat.

Fudgy Brownie: Clustermate made it and it didn't work out well for her. I think it's her microwave. I'm anxious to try this one b/c I have the square baker and it seems to me this would be a good one to take to my shows b/c some hosts have small microwaves.

Chipotle Cornbread: YUM! I will be making this for sure!

Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad: I made this one. Found out halfway through cooking that the chicken I got from Angel Food was thighs and not breasts. YUCK! Artichoke hearts: Gagged on the smell of them!

Thai Peanut Salad: A winner. I'll be making this at home for sure!

Maybe I have missed this somewhere but has anyone did the Creamy One Pot Pasta in the DCB/microwave?
If so, how did you do it?
Thanks so much! :)

bumping... :)

Ok...I just came from my Cluster Meeting, and one of the gal's brought her version of the Chipotle Cornbread Chili Bake. OMG! It was so good- She used CHICKEN instead of Beef!What she said she changed:
* 2 lg chicken breasts- looked like she had shredded it- so maybe she precooked them before adding the beans and salsa to cook a bit more.
* Regular chopped onion in place of the Green Onions
I think that was it! It tasted so good! Plus I noticed her cheese was more melted all over the top- so I think she put more cheese on the top and put the lid back on. It sat for about 30 minutes while we started our meeting, and then someone else served it up during the meeting. YUM!

mmmmmmmmmmm going to have to try it with the chicken now!!!

Karen-
Here is the recipe:
The Pampered Chef ®
Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups

Nonstick cooking spray with flour
1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds, toasted, divided
1/2 pkg (16.5 oz/468 g) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 lime
2 oz (60 g) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp (30 mL) powdered sugar
1 drop green food coloring
2 cups (500 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
1 cup (250 mL) fresh strawberries
2 medium kiwi, peeled

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray cups of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Set aside 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the almonds in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl. Finely chop remaining almonds using Food Chopper; place onto lid of Classic Batter Bowl.
Cut cookie dough into six 1/2-inch-thick (1-cm) disks using Utility Knife. Dip disks into chopped almonds, coating evenly. Cut each disk into four wedges for a total of 24 wedges. Place wedges into cups of pan; bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown (wedges will form into cups). Cool in pan 3-4 minutes; remove cups to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, zest lime using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tsp (5 mL). Juice lime to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL). Combine zest, juice, cream cheese, sugar and food coloring in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth. Add whipped topping; mix until stiff using Small Mix ‘N Scraper® (see Cook's Tip). Spoon cream cheese mixture into large resealable plastic bag; set aside. Thinly slice strawberries and kiwi; cut kiwi slices in half.
To assemble, trim corner of bag; pipe filling evenly into cups. Top with strawberries, kiwi and reserved almonds.
Yield: 24 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 1 g
Cook's Tip: The filling may appear curdled when mixing in the whipped topping; continue mixing until filling appears smooth again.
:thumbup::thumbup: Made these 2 times, they are delish!!!!!

<h2>1. What is the recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" and is it kid-friendly?</h2><p>The recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" can be found on the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. It is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that has been a hit with both adults and children.</p><h2>2. Can I make substitutions for some of the ingredients in this recipe?</h2><p>Yes, you can definitely make substitutions based on your personal preferences or what you have on hand. In this particular review, the cook used dried parsley and thin pasta instead of fresh parsley and linguine. You can also adjust the amount of certain ingredients, such as using 1 can of seasoned diced tomatoes instead of 2 cans or reducing the amount of bacon.</p><h2>3. How much does this recipe cost to make?</h2><p>Based on the ingredients used in this review, it is estimated that this recipe costs around $7.00 to make. However, this cost can vary depending on where you purchase your ingredients and if you make any substitutions.</p><h2>4. Can I add any other ingredients to this dish?</h2><p>Yes, you can definitely add other ingredients to this dish to make it even more delicious. In this review, the cook suggests adding diced grilled chicken or grilled shrimp, which would make excellent additions to the recipe.</p><h2>5. Is this recipe worth adding to my regular meal rotation?</h2><p>Based on the positive review and suggestions for additions, it seems like this recipe is definitely worth adding to your regular meal rotation. It is a simple and tasty dish that can be easily customized to your liking.</p>

1. What is the recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" and is it kid-friendly?

The recipe for "Bacon, Linguine & Tomato Toss" can be found on the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. It is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that has been a hit with both adults and children.

2. Can I make substitutions for some of the ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely make substitutions based on your personal preferences or what you have on hand. In this particular review, the cook used dried parsley and thin pasta instead of fresh parsley and linguine. You can also adjust the amount of certain ingredients, such as using 1 can of seasoned diced tomatoes instead of 2 cans or reducing the amount of bacon.

3. How much does this recipe cost to make?

Based on the ingredients used in this review, it is estimated that this recipe costs around $7.00 to make. However, this cost can vary depending on where you purchase your ingredients and if you make any substitutions.

4. Can I add any other ingredients to this dish?

Yes, you can definitely add other ingredients to this dish to make it even more delicious. In this review, the cook suggests adding diced grilled chicken or grilled shrimp, which would make excellent additions to the recipe.

5. Is this recipe worth adding to my regular meal rotation?

Based on the positive review and suggestions for additions, it seems like this recipe is definitely worth adding to your regular meal rotation. It is a simple and tasty dish that can be easily customized to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stampaholic1961
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • esavvymom