• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken W/Lemon Bail Rice

In summary, to make Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Lemon Bail Rice, you will need chicken breasts, prosciutto, lemon, basil, olive oil, salt, pepper, rice, chicken broth, and parmesan cheese. The prep time for this dish is 15 minutes and the cooking time is approximately 25 minutes, making the total time around 40 minutes. You can use bacon or pancetta as a substitute for prosciutto, but the flavor and texture may differ. This dish can be made ahead of time by preparing and storing the chicken and rice separately in the refrigerator. To reheat leftovers, bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes or microwave, though the prosciutto
legacypc46
Gold Member
Review: Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken w/Lemon Basil RiceGreat recipe! We loved it. Both the chicken and the rice are keepers. (This is in Volume II of 29 Minutes to Dinner)

Chicken:
- I was a little leery of the sun-dried tomato flavor because DH isn't a fan. The overall flavor combination though, was delicious.
- Look for thin chicken breasts. I started out with some thicks ones and after pounding, they were still a little too big. This makes it difficult to get a tight roll...so some of the cheese melted out of ours.
-Proscuitto and fresh mozzerella aren't cheap, but the flavor whallop is worth it.

Rice:
- The lemon-basil flavor is AMAZING! I'm not a big white rice fan, but this had my taste buds dancing.
- The rice cooker makes this easy, easy, easy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review - this is one that I thought sounded good...I'll have to try it now!

I have a recipe that is very similar to this - the chicken part, not the rice. My recipe uses fontina cheese and the prosciutto is inside the chicken. Love it! I haven't made this one yet, but I'm sure it's good too. Thanks for the review.

Thanks...Will be trying this one as well!

Hi there!Thank you for your review of the Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Lemon Basil Rice recipe. I am so glad to hear that you and your family loved it! This is definitely one of my personal favorites from Volume II of 29 Minutes to Dinner.I completely understand your concern about the sun-dried tomato flavor, as not everyone is a fan. However, I am happy to hear that the overall flavor combination was still delicious for you. And thank you for the tip about using thin chicken breasts for easier rolling and to prevent the cheese from melting out.I agree that prosciutto and fresh mozzarella can be a bit pricey, but the flavor payoff is definitely worth it. And I am thrilled that you enjoyed the lemon-basil rice as well! Using a rice cooker definitely makes it a breeze to prepare.Thank you again for your review and for trying out this recipe. Happy cooking!

What ingredients are needed to make Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Lemon Bail Rice?

To make this dish, you will need chicken breasts, prosciutto, lemon, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper. You will also need rice, chicken broth, and parmesan cheese for the lemon bail rice.

How long does it take to prepare and cook Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Lemon Bail Rice?

The prep time for this dish is about 15 minutes and the cooking time is approximately 25 minutes. So, in total, it should take about 40 minutes to prepare and cook the chicken and rice.

Can I use a substitute for prosciutto in this recipe?

Yes, you can use bacon or pancetta as a substitute for prosciutto. However, the flavor and texture of the dish may be slightly different.

Can this dish be made ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the chicken and rice ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, simply wrap the prosciutto around the chicken and bake it in the oven.

What is the best way to reheat leftovers of Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Lemon Bail Rice?

The best way to reheat leftovers is to place the chicken and rice in a baking dish, cover it with foil, and bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. You can also reheat it in the microwave, but the prosciutto may not be as crispy as when it was first cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • chefann