• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Pan-Seared Chicken Breast W/Creamy Lemon Sauce

In summary, the conversation discusses a recipe for lemon chicken with spinach and orzo. The speaker mentions using skinless chicken breasts and overcooking them in the microwave, which affected the flavor. They also found the spinach to be overpowering in the dish. Another person who tried the recipe substituted rice for orzo and their picky eater husband enjoyed it. The conversation also includes a question about using frozen spinach, and one person shares their experience using it. They found there to be too much spinach in the dish and suggest using less and adding more sauce. Overall, the recipe has potential but may need some adjustments.
legacypc46
Gold Member
This is from the Volume 2 of 29 Minutes Cookbook.

One caveat: I already had skinless chicken breasts, so I used those instead of ones with skins. I didn't reduce the microwave time enough, so I over cooked (nuked?) them a little. This also lessened the lemon flavor (since I didn't have any skin to tuck the lemon slices under.)

Overall, this was good, but not good enough to make again. DH liked the presentation and the idea of this recipe, but we both found the spinach a little overpowering for the rest of the dish. Also, the recipe is broken down in three steps...but it's not as 1-2-3 as it looks.

Still, dinner was on the table in exactly the 28 minutes predicted. The cost of ingredients, minus the chicken, was less than $6.

I was wondering about that one! I'm glad you reviewed it. Thanks Leggy. I hate dealing with skin-on bone-in chicken and was hesistant to try this recipe. And now I don't have to! LOL!

I'm planning on making this tonight... now I'm a little nervous, but I already told my DH what we're having and bought the ingredients. I thought that I'd go completely by the recipe (bone and skins) just to see... I usually go with skinless & boneless... my biggest problem is I forgot to get the fresh spinach... I have some frozen chopped spinach, do you think that'll make a huge difference?

I made this last week, only substituted rice for orzo (cooked the rice on the stovetop and then at the end stirred in the spinach). My DH who is NOT an adventurous eater really liked it. He even rated it "make it again". I loved the lemon sauce stirred into the rice/spinach. Made it almost rissoto-ish.

Chefstover2 said:
I made this last week, only substituted rice for orzo (cooked the rice on the stovetop and then at the end stirred in the spinach). My DH who is NOT an adventurous eater really liked it. He even rated it "make it again". I loved the lemon sauce stirred into the rice/spinach. Made it almost rissoto-ish.

Did you use fresh spinach or frozen, do you think frozen will be okay?

Well, we made it for dinner.... I did use the frozen spinach and I have to say we were not overjoyed with the Orzo with Spinach... don't know if it was because of the frozen spinach, but it just seemed like way too much spinach. Next time I would use half of the spinach, add salt and pepper after I combined the orzo and spinach, and I would add more of the sauce to it before hand. Also, we had 3 bone in skinless breasts (thought they had skin too but the didn't) and one boneless skinless... the one b-less s-less was very tender and juicy, the other ones were quite chewy... so next time I would use all boneless/skinless... it definitely had potential, just needs some tweaking... we all loved the sauce though... Will try again with adjustments.

1. How do you make the pan-seared chicken breast?

To make the pan-seared chicken breast, start by seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper. In a hot skillet, heat some oil and add the chicken. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.

2. What ingredients are used in the creamy lemon sauce?

The creamy lemon sauce is made with butter, garlic, chicken broth, heavy cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest. You can also add some fresh herbs like thyme or parsley for added flavor.

3. Can I substitute the chicken breast with another type of protein?

Yes, you can use this recipe with other types of protein such as pork chops or fish fillets. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. How do I know if the chicken is cooked through?

The best way to ensure the chicken is cooked through is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165°F. You can also cut into the thickest part of the chicken and make sure it is no longer pink and the juices run clear.

5. Can I make the creamy lemon sauce ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just reheat it on the stove before serving with the pan-seared chicken breast.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kristina16marie