• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring Catalog 2011 - Warning May Contain Spoilers

In summary, the new commercial for attending Spring Launch on CC shows a blurred out copy of the Spring 2011 Catalog. It looks colorful and people are speculating on what it could be.
ChefMary412 said:
Yes, I was thinking glasses with some sort of frozen fruit drink in them.

But that wouldn't necessarily "revolutionize" the cooking show...or whatever wording they used. The blur is just blur to me, but it's got to be something used in the cooking process, not the dining/entertaining process- my thought.

Well, ya'll only have to wait 7 weeks to find out! Piece of cake!! HAHAHA

I think it's the full size cover. The mini would be thinner & longer. ;)

Sheila is right. The mini-would appear longer and skinnier. This definitely looks more like a regular catalog. And I got the e-mail too and am thinking that if they go with a normal cover, there are more than one product on the front. They did a good job blurring out that puppy that is for sure! One of the teachers at my school offered to "play" with it too but it only got worse instead of better. So, yeah, we have to wait! Personally, I think we can eliminate a smaller DCB because with everything they have printed or said, this is something new! IMO a Smaller DCB is not really new, just an adjustment. Also, the words they have used point to one single product, not a collection. And I hope it is not a $49 scraper! That would be ridiculous!

pampered1224 said:
Sheila is right. The mini-would appear longer and skinnier. This definitely looks more like a regular catalog. And I got the e-mail too and am thinking that if they go with a normal cover, there are more than one product on the front. They did a good job blurring out that puppy that is for sure! One of the teachers at my school offered to "play" with it too but it only got worse instead of better. So, yeah, we have to wait! Personally, I think we can eliminate a smaller DCB because with everything they have printed or said, this is something new! IMO a Smaller DCB is not really new, just an adjustment. Also, the words they have used point to one single product, not a collection. And I hope it is not a $49 scraper! That would be ridiculous!

Yeah, I don't see a scraper revolutionalizing our shows/cooking...

We will know soon! Well...in a little over a month. Hey, think of it making Christmas last longer! Ah, the anticipation!

I'm honestly more excited to find out the new products then I am of Christmas! lol Guess it's the kid in me, since I don't really buy myself anything or get surprised w/ anything on Christmas.

I wonder how many people at HO are sitting at their desks, or around the water cooler LOL, laughing at all us crazy consultants analyzing the heck out of a blurred out photo!

Sheila said:
Okay, coming from someone who sees blurry stuff like that when I remove my contacts, this is my interpretation of what it is ...

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/2011SpringCatalogCoverGuess.jpg

Of course this is ONLY a guess! I could very well be W R O N G !!! ;)

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say something non-stoneware (or it would be the stone color or cranberry - I don't think they would do white again) - and it's obviously hot. So something for the microwave that's white & covered, probably plastic.

Too funny Sheila. It's like looking at an ultrasound picture for me. It all looks blurry.

I have sharpened it some. On Sheila's explanation of what she saw, I thought maybe the pot holders were too small to be ours. On the sharpened version I think I only see her hands, not potholders.What do you think?I think those might be two uncooked steaks on a cutting board at the bottom right.Not willing to bet any money on it, but it's fun to try to guess! :DEdited to add... if there are not potholders, then I think we're seeing through the object to the woman's other hand...
Also edited to add... that the hands seem to be grasping the sides of an object, not grasping handles. Whatever it is, likely doesn't get poured.

Attachments

• what is it sharpened.jpg
    what is it sharpened.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:
I still think it's potholders, wrapped under & over the item. Her left hand has the thumb on top of the item & her fingers wrapped down below the item. I also think the item has a lid. :D

I'm still voting for something shaped similiar to the cool & serve tray ... square w/ rounded corners & about 10"X10", white with a lid - probably plastic for the microwave. That's my unofficial "I'm blind & used to seeing blurry stuff without my glasses" best guess. :D

Here it is after being sharpened with another program... it looks like she is stirring or whisking something? I don't think it's the cranberry trivet any more. I think it's food in a container.

Attachments

• what-is-it-sharper.jpg
    what-is-it-sharper.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 801
Sorry I had to jump in here - I normally just lurk -

ilovpc said:
In my humble opinion I think that the new product has something to do with the word "FLIP". The last PC News wire says "You'll FLIP when you earn the product feature on the S/S 2011 catalog cover!" :D

What about something like a double sided frittata pan? It does FLIP. You can make oven cooked items on the stove top and you also get 2 pans you can also use seperately.

What about something like the "Chefel Flip ‘N` Cook Pan" - although it's pricier than the 49.00 tag. It does look pretty cool!

http://www.dhgate.com/chefel-flip-n-cook-pan/p-ff808081273c53af01273d861a724a2d.html

Malinda Klein said:
What about something like the "Chefel Flip ‘N` Cook Pan" - although it's pricier than the 49.00 tag. It does look pretty cool!

http://www.dhgate.com/chefel-flip-n-cook-pan/p-ff808081273c53af01273d861a724a2d.html

hmmmmm very interesting!

magentablue said:
Here it is after being sharpened with another program... it looks like she is stirring or whisking something? I don't think it's the cranberry trivet any more. I think it's food in a container.

In that photo it looks like she's pouring something out of a batter bowl into a Cranberry Simple Additions square bowl. But that doesn't really conform to the descriptions of how it will change the way we do cooking shows ... hmmmm ...

Okay, she's definitely whisking something in what looks like a cranberry colored container of some sort. Hmmm.

Not so much based on the picture of whatever "it" is, but this would fit into our product line-up nicely, and would satisfy the need for a DCB like item that fits in all microwaves, and would be good for cooking for a few people OR several, depending on how you use them: http://www.surlatable.com/product/cookware/new+cookware/revol+cook+%26+play+baker,+12%26%2334-+x+7%26%23189-%26%2334-+x+3%26%2334-.do?sortby=ourPicks

I love that the title of this thread says "MAY contain spoilers" - I think it should say "may contain what turns out to be a correct guess, but who knows". I love that we all get so excited over this stuff still..........no matter how long we've been with the company!

I know many are anti cord, but if you look at the second sharpened picture I posted, and you look at this: http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/98456-kitchenaid-immersion-blender.aspx don't they look similar?Wrong price point, indeed... but this is the right price point and does the same thing (although fewer options) http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/13112-cuisinart-smartstick-hand-blender.aspx

Okay, here's my 2 cents worth. I think it's an electric blender!

Yep, it's a blender, and next to it (on the right of it) is a red drink in the martini glass, with an orange on the edge. Fruit at the bottom right and left of the page....

Now I see strawberries on the right of the page... My only question, if my guess is right... the hand that is lower on the page seems to have the blender. The container, realistically, is not higher than her hand (I normally have my hand outside the container when I stir, or just barely in it), but that other hand is up high. What is up that high if it's not the container she's mixing the drink in?

Her (his) right hand is top left of page. Left hand is holding blender. mixed red drink in martini glass with orange fruit is on "our" right hand side of the blender.... Fruit on bottom right and left of page... Just what I'm seeing, what do YOU think????

That is what I see too, but why is his/her right hand at the top left of the page? If you were mixing something, wouldn't one hand hold the mixer, and one hand hold the container in which you are mixing? If it's holding the container, why is that hand higher than the mixing hand. Just trying to make sense of it. Also, is that a quick-stir pitcher it is being mixed in?

I feel the blender guess is right. I don't know how I feel about that. I have an immersion blender already. While it's nice and I use it from time to time, but it's not a tool I can't "live" without and I cannot see how it's going to be a revolutionary change to my cooking shows.

Also, it will NOT rival the dcb. lol.

Again, this is all speculation and we'll see how it plays out :)

Hmmm well, Magenta, I was thinking his/her right hand was "working" and the left hand "holding". Did you see the red drink in the martini glass? I was actually thinking that it is a blender that is being used, but a $49 blender? hmmm... GREAT for spring/summer, don't you think? Maybe it's not a "blender" but an emulsifier/blender wand thingy? (my term, of course) :)

I love how many different interpretations we are all getting out of one photo. It is fun to speculate! :)

Have to say though, if she is stiring/mixing something she would have to be holding the container with her right hand. Holding it with her left hand would break all the actor/photographer rules of performing TO the audience. ;) They would definitely be showing us what they are mixing, not hiding it. It's marketing basics. :D

What if it's a tall covered baker?
Something like this:
http://www.letsbuyit.co.uk/product/29277441/baking-trays-dishes/le-creuset-stoneware-bean-pot-cerise-large-4-litreOr this:
http://www.vnbonsai.com/product/2/902/Mayfair-and-Jackson-3quart-Stoneware-Casserole-Dishmayfair-and-Jackson-3-Qt-Stoneware-Casserole-Dish-Wlid-Red.htmlI feel like s(he) is pouring something into a tall stoneware....Karen

While I'm not against an electric blender - I am against an immerision blender. I have one and I have to say it's NOT the same and it's only got one really good purpose and that's basically to chop stuff to tiny bits. It doesn't "fold" like a regular blender and therefore isn't as efficient with mixing things. I'm sure PC would care more about our desire to mix than puree.

I also have to say I'm going to have a blast at Spring Launch when we actually see everything.

ShelbyMichalek said:
While I'm not against an electric blender - I am against an immerision blender. I have one and I have to say it's NOT the same and it's only got one really good purpose and that's basically to chop stuff to tiny bits. It doesn't "fold" like a regular blender and therefore isn't as efficient with mixing things. I'm sure PC would care more about our desire to mix than puree.

Wow - I use my immersion blender almost every day!

I use it to make smoothies, to puree foods, I use it right in the pot to make cream soups and blend sauces...and the mini food processor attachment is awesome! I also have a mini whipper attachment which works wonderfully to mix small amounts of cream, egg whites, etc.. I LOVE that thing, and never even use a regular blender any more!

pcsharon1 said:
I love that the title of this thread says "MAY contain spoilers" - I think it should say "may contain what turns out to be a correct guess, but who knows". I love that we all get so excited over this stuff still..........no matter how long we've been with the company!

lol! i didn't want anyone to be upset in the event someone was able to un-blur the photo!!!

Enjoying this thread! I see they have not layered a PDF for us this time like they did with the Cool and Serve...learned their lesson that we have some pretty sharp computer savy people on CS.

Speaking of our DCB . . . if you have not tried the Breakfast Omelet recipe - during the holidays would be a great time when you are busy &/or have family/company in to visit.

It was a huge hit during my fall brunch shows.

DCB Breakfast Omelet:
2 potatoes, peeled/cubed (veg peeler/knife)
1 small onion, chopped (food chopper)
2 T butter, sliced (egg slicer)
8 eggs, beaten (bb/whisk)
1/2 c heavy whipping cream
salt/pepper (mill)
cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese - whatever you like (rotary grater)
bacon (bar pan)
Cook the bacon in the bar pan in a 400-425° oven for 20-25 minutes.
Cut potatoes into small chucks with Santuko Knife on Cutting Board.
Using Food Chopper, chop onion. Place potato & onion into bottom of Deep Covered Baker. Run butter through Egg Slicer & place slices on top of potato/onions. Cover & microwave for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk eggs with Stainless Steel Whisk; whisk in heavy whipping cream; add salt & pepper to taste (ok, laugh - can't taste at this point!). Grate cheeses with Rotary Grater. When the potatoes are fork tender, sprinkle half of the cheese over them. Pour the egg mixture over top & sprinkle on rest of the cheese. Cook in the microwave for 13 minutes. Chop bacon with Knife or chopper? & sprinkle on top. Serve with more shredded cheese, if desired.
(opt.: fresh mushrooms – sliced w/Egg Slicer, green pepper/knife &/or chopper) You can add ham or cooked sausage in place of bacon to egg mixture or veggies to the onion, potato layer. Make sure to check the middle of the eggs to see they are cooked all the way.

Enjoy, YUMMO!

In good taste,
Bonnie

Another guess-
Maybe it is a granita in one of the glasses made with a non electric machine. Something like this

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006484E/?tag=pfamazon01-20

No salt or ice are needed to create 1 quart of ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, or frozen drinks at home with this ice-cream maker. Just turning the crank occasionally for 15 or 20 minutes is all it takes. The unit's freezer bowl goes into a refrigerator's freezer for about 7 hours to freeze the liquid between its walls. The bowl then goes into the outer case, the paddle goes into the bowl, ingredients go into the bowl, the transparent top is locked in place, and the crank is turned. The aluminum bowl cleans easily, the outer case and top are plastic so they wipe clean. The unit measures 9-1/2 inches high and 8 inches in diameter (not including handle). It carries a 10-year warranty against defects. An instruction booklet containing many recipes is included. --Fred Brack

Melissa78 said:
I know everyone wants a smaller DCB but please don't take this as defensive...a honest question - what all would you do with a smaller baker? its really not that big to start with. I know for smaller microwaves but if it gets much smaller it will be meals for one at a time. hehe Just curious. :D

A. All the folks who have over the stove microwaves. These get very heavy when full, and I even have problems getting out safely.
B. Single folks don't want the big ol' thing.
C. I had to buy a bigger microwave to use mine :grumpy:

I can't wait to find out what this actually is!

I'd use a smaller DCB, but I wouldn't flip over one. I have an over the stove microwave, and although I'm pretty weak (I was a pedestrian struck by a car, and my whole right side of my body is weak), I've never had difficulty removing it from the oven. Although, I can't picture my 82 yr old MIL trying to do it. She has trouble with all of our stoneware.The ice cream mixer thingy isn't a bad idea, nor are the pops, but, it doesn't sound like something "everyone" would want. But then again, these rumors that we all hear also told us "everyone" would want the gold and grey apron, and look how that turned out, lol.

Plus the cost I saw somewhere indicated a value of $42 .... I'm very intrigued and pausing the screen really brings on the wishing and hoping :)

By smaller DCB, I would think a different shape would work. Like rice-cooker size. I can fit a whole family meal in there and it fits in just about every microwave.But not everybody is a fan of stoneware.I think people said value of $49. Would be nice but not necessary to get it 60 percent off. I just hope it's more versitile than that girly apron!

OK, another guess: electric crepe pan....would go great with our sauces....

After reading all the guesses, I am so excited I just can't stand it! I don't think I can wait till Spring Launch...ooohhh

I'm glad to see everyone else is as anxious as I am to know what the new product is! lol You guys are funny!

saw a commercial by Iron Chef Michael Symon ( from Cleveland....YEAH!!) advertising an easy sear - nonstick cookware by calphalon. Was wondering if maybe it is a new saute' skillet that is not stick but sears? and browns?:p

After looking at the blurry pics, I think it is going to be something to speed up the marinading of meats and veggies -- which would coincide with grilling season.

Whatever it is, it will REVOLUTIONIZE THE WAY WE DO OUR SHOWS!!! I have to not even think about it to be able to stand it. LOL!! Come on February! I just hope it lives up to the hype. LMBO!

Hello, newbie here....
has PC ever sold any cast iron skillets? they now have them where they are covered with glazing. they are pretty interesting...

Did anyone guess a grilling tool that folds over the food so you can flip it and cook both sides. Like a double basket deally with a handle. Not sure that would be $49 though, but it flips!

KayPT said:
Did anyone guess a grilling tool that folds over the food so you can flip it and cook both sides. Like a double basket deally with a handle. Not sure that would be $49 though, but it flips!

That's a good guess!! Wow, I'd have never thought of that.

<h2>1. What is the theme for the Spring Catalog 2011?</h2><p>The theme for the Spring Catalog 2011 is "Warning May Contain Spoilers" which hints at the exciting new products and surprises that can be found inside.</p><h2>2. When is the Spring Launch event taking place?</h2><p>The Spring Launch event will be happening on CC (Cooking Show Consultant) on a date to be announced. Stay tuned for more details!</p><h2>3. What products can we expect to see in the Spring Catalog 2011?</h2><p>The Spring Catalog 2011 will feature a variety of new and innovative kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.</p><h2>4. Can we get a sneak peek at the Spring 2011 Catalog?</h2><p>Yes, there is a "commercial" for attending Spring Launch on CC that shows a blurred out copy of the catalog. You can pause it to get a better look, but the full catalog will be revealed at the Spring Launch event.</p><h2>5. How can I attend the Spring Launch event?</h2><p>If you are a CC (Cooking Show Consultant), you will automatically have access to the Spring Launch event. If you are not a CC, you can sign up to become one and join in on all the fun and excitement of the Spring Launch event.</p>

1. What is the theme for the Spring Catalog 2011?

The theme for the Spring Catalog 2011 is "Warning May Contain Spoilers" which hints at the exciting new products and surprises that can be found inside.

2. When is the Spring Launch event taking place?

The Spring Launch event will be happening on CC (Cooking Show Consultant) on a date to be announced. Stay tuned for more details!

3. What products can we expect to see in the Spring Catalog 2011?

The Spring Catalog 2011 will feature a variety of new and innovative kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

4. Can we get a sneak peek at the Spring 2011 Catalog?

Yes, there is a "commercial" for attending Spring Launch on CC that shows a blurred out copy of the catalog. You can pause it to get a better look, but the full catalog will be revealed at the Spring Launch event.

5. How can I attend the Spring Launch event?

If you are a CC (Cooking Show Consultant), you will automatically have access to the Spring Launch event. If you are not a CC, you can sign up to become one and join in on all the fun and excitement of the Spring Launch event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imcooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
  • RossDeb2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • chefjeanine