• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weather and the "Spring" Event.

chefjeanine

Senior Member
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
2,984
119
We now know some accommodations will be made but perhaps we can get things changed for the future. I know that I'm not the only one concerned about trying to get to Feast tomorrow. Probably will NOT attend. My friend called and spoke with someone in Career Solutions. They encouraged her to send an e-mail to [email protected] to voice her concerns. A copy of her e-mail is below. If YOU have concerns, please voice them to the Home Office. . .in your own words. We have had crazy driving conditions for the past 3 years. We need a new plan.

I am contacting you regarding Spring Launch at Tinley Park tomorrow. I have a group of 12 women planning to drive in from Kalamazoo at 6am tomorrow. As I'm sure you're aware, a bad winter storm is supposed to be coming up from the south dumping several inches of snow the entire day. These are determined Pampered Chef women who want to attend. My concern is safety and white outs on I-94. It's been brutal and this storm looks no different. We've experienced treacherous travel before (Toledo, Novi) and at some point it's just not worth the risk.

I know March 1st is Spring at The Pampered Chef and Launch needs to be done at this time of year when travel is so unpredictable. I guess I am asking that you would re-think previous positions on Spring Launch. Is it possible to send a DVD of a (or any) Spring Launch meeting and/or at least the materials and products we would have received to the Director for those who are not able to get there due to weather? They don't want their money back, they just don't want to miss out. I think this would encourage higher registration. Many of my group didn't register due to the possibility of bad weather and losing their registration fee.

Last year, Directors held the Fall Launch meetings in August. Maybe in the future, we could hold the Spring Launch meeting locally, and travel in August for the Fall. Thank you for your consideration and for all you do.

Sincerely,

Jenna
 

monicag

Member
Silver Member
Jan 21, 2012
329
0
I totally agree.....let's do fall launch and spring at our director's meetings. Makes more sense. They could always do leadership in the winter to announce new spring products like they used to do.
 

lt1jane

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
1,343
60
Here's my e-mail. I started with the original, but edited to fit my circumstances. In reality, I was not planning on going. My son's school is reorganizing and closing two elementary schools. Even though he attends one of the remaining schools, there is no preference given to students at the remaining schools to be fair to students who must switch. Registration for next year was this morning. In order to get him into the building I wanted, I needed to be there as my husband was on mandatory overtime.

I am writing concernig Spring Launch at Tinley Park and spring/fall launches in general. As I'm sure you're aware, a bad winter storm is coming up from the south dumping several inches of snow the entire day. My concern is safety and white outs for all the consultants as they are driving to or from the meeting. It's been a brutal winter and this storm looks no different. We've experienced treacherous travel before and at some point it's just not worth the risk.

March 1st is Spring at The Pampered Chef and Launch needs to be done at this time of year in order to accomplish that. Last summer, Directors held the Fall Launch meetings in August. I am asking that you re-think the scheduling of Spring Launches. Weatherwise, it makes more sense to hold the Spring Launch meeting locally, and travel in July/August for the Fall.

It would also be nice if you must insist on winter launches to re-think your attendance policy. Why not send out a DVD and materials to consultants who miss their Spring Launch meeting and/or at least the materials and products they would have received to their Director if they were not able to get there due to weather? For consultants who registered and made plans to travel only to cancel them due to safety concerns when driving, it's safe to assume they don't want their money back, they just don't want to miss out. I think this would encourage higher registration. Many consultants I know didn't register due to the possibility of bad weather and losing their registration fee.

Thank you for your consideration and for all you do.
 

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
3
Views
2K
scottcooks
Replies
1
Views
2K
Chozengirl
Replies
37
Views
6K
esavvymom
Replies
6
Views
2K
Malinda Klein
Replies
0
Views
1K
AlowayFamily
Replies
3
Views
1K
jcsmilez
Replies
13
Views
4K
StacieB
Replies
28
Views
3K
lt1jane
Replies
39
Views
2K
ChefVee
Replies
19
Views
2K
lesliec
Top