• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring Catalog 2011 - Warning May Contain Spoilers

In summary, the new commercial for attending Spring Launch on CC shows a blurred out copy of the Spring 2011 Catalog. It looks colorful and people are speculating on what it could be.
Spoiler thread or not, this information is not supposed to be on here yet.

How on earth would someone have that info already... Once you click on it and realize what it is, it is kinda hard not to look at the whole thing.... That was terrible to ruin the surprise for everyone... Not only do they need to be banned from CS, if they work for PC they should be FIRED.... We were supposed to be surprised, and if this is real, now there is no surprise whatsoever..... Now I am sorry I clicked on the link...

looks like it is through the publisher somehow. Because there is a spot where you can make sticky notes as if you were editing it for others to look at as well. Plus the nice header. I know a lot of small community clubs in our town post their newsletter online like this in this sort of format. I wonder if this will be a new feature to the website. a way to browse the catalog without having one in hand. While I agree this information should not be available and it was in poor taste, the post has forever had the spoiler alert. at least it was posted here and not blatantly somewhere else. Mara

jzramom said:
Is self regulation a thing of the past?

The post clearly states that there are spoilers. I would rather police myself than have someone else do it. There are way too many people who would love to "take care of us" Personal responsibility and free choice. If you looked and wished you hadn't you should only be angry with yourself.

The OP listed spoilers yes...but I think by the time we got to the link in question, it had clearly shown that the posts were suppositions and thoughts. Honestly, when I clicked that link, I had no thought I was about to see what I saw. Do I accept responsibility for what I did? Yes, I do, but right now I'm thinking that the one who posted the catalog isn't.

Troll alert!!! Batten down the hatches...we're under siege!

Hmmm. I just checked out blondy's address of: RAF Mildenhall. This is what the web says:
RAF Mildenhall (IATA: MHZ, ICAO: EGUN) is a Royal Air Force (RAF) station located at Mildenhall in Suffolk, England.Must be some hacker, don't you think?

gailz2 said:
Hmmm. I just checked out blondy's address of: RAF Mildenhall. This is what the web says:
RAF Mildenhall (IATA: MHZ, ICAO: EGUN) is a Royal Air Force (RAF) station located at Mildenhall in Suffolk, England.

Must be some hacker, don't you think?

Not likely. Many members of the USAF are stationed there. In fact, my family could well likely live there in the course of my husband's military career. The address is no more suspicious than if it came from the United States itself. Sorry to bust your theory.

Maragib said:
looks like it is through the publisher somehow.
This is what I think as well. As far as I recall, I have never seen this format available to consultants or online for customers. And, while viewing the catalog, the web address line (I think this is called the URL but I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world) just makes me think it comes from the publisher.
My theory is that someone who works for the publishing company gave the link to a consultant, who may or may not be the poster here on CS, and it has since been forwarded. For some reason, I just don't feel that it came from someone at corporate.
If my theory were to be correct, I would imagine that if corporate got wind of their information being distributed in this way, they would have a definite argument against the publishing company.

ShelbyMichalek said:
Not likely. Many members of the USAF are stationed there. In fact, my family could well likely live there in the course of my husband's military career. The address is no more suspicious than if it came from the United States itself. Sorry to bust your theory.

Apologies--not too military savy here.

DebinIA said:
Troll alert!!! Batten down the hatches...we're under siege!

I see that CS is not immune to these people too!

Well, I found it by clicking on every page and reading every post. I'm not upset about it at all because I knew that the 'surprise' at spring launch was just around the corner. I'm one of those that wants to know, and right now... so I'm not upset about the link at all. I, in fact didn't even realize there was a link after the list so I had to go through the posts TWICE! lol I'm very excited about the new products too and can't wait to see them in person at Spring Launch!

I tested my theory and I'm right. Like all "spoilers" that have been posted in the past, there is a back door from the current online catalog into the future one. So anyone who knew how to check for future spoilers could find it. The poster didn't need to have inside information from corporate or the publisher to find the link. She just had to be a little technically inclined.

I agree that the way is was posted was inappropriate for the ones who didn't want to know yet. I'm one of the few who's happy to see the link so that I can have a jump start on doing my own Spring Launch here in Japan. BUT it would have been more appropriate to have asked for it & received it via PM vs. seeing it posted on the forum.

I had people lined up to e-mail me photos from the various stateside events on the 5th, but now I have a jump start on my presentation. ;) I'm doing a Spring Launch in Tokyo on the 7th and my downline Directors are doing one in Okinawa on the 7th. My upline is 5 hours north of me and was going to do a special meeting on the 7th for her group to have a Spring Launch too ... but now that I have the info earlier I can do their spring Launch while I'm there on the 3rd - which is the regular monthly meeting. Now they won't have to gather again on the 7th for their Spring Launch! :D

Sheila said:
I tested my theory and I'm right. Like all "spoilers" that have been posted in the past, there is a back door from the current online catalog into the future one. So anyone who knew how to check for future spoilers could find it. The poster didn't need to have inside information from corporate or the publisher to find the link. She just had to be a little technically inclined.
Well, that makes me feel a little better about how it was originally obtained; however, I think more consideration should have been given to the numerous posters who don't like to have surprises ruined.
As I posted earlier, I am happy to have seen it, but wouldn't have minded waiting either.
Who knows, since that was her first post and she had "the news", maybe she thought everybody would be excited and thankful for her link.

I'm going to be the bad guy here and disagree with 95% of the posts today ranting...

Everyone can be as mad as they want but if something says "spoiler" in the title - regardless of what you 'thought' was going to be in it - you took the chance. We win some we lose some, time to get out the big girl panties. I keep trying to click on it and the link isn't working (for me anyhow) so the gripes here must have been heard. I'm quite disappointed that the link won't work.

For future reference - if it "MAY" contain spoilers and you are so dead set on not knowing - start a thread that says "For those who want to guess and never know until the big tah-da". Possible spoiler threads just may have 'the spoiler' in it.

Off to dodge the flying bullets...

Melissa78 said:
I'm going to be the bad guy here and disagree with 95% of the posts today ranting...

Everyone can be as mad as they want but if something says "spoiler" in the title - regardless of what you 'thought' was going to be in it - you took the chance. We win some we lose some, time to get out the big girl panties. I keep trying to click on it and the link isn't working (for me anyhow) so the gripes here must have been heard. I'm quite disappointed that the link won't work.

For future reference - if it "MAY" contain spoilers and you are so dead set on not knowing - start a thread that says "For those who want to guess and never know until the big tah-da". Possible spoiler threads just may have 'the spoiler' in it.

Off to dodge the flying bullets...

I agree with you Melissa.

The title of this thread definitely says Warning Spoilers. If I wanted to avoid spoilers, I would not even click on ANY thread even remotely with a title like this one.

Isn't this the thread that started out by trying to sharpen the blurred image on the cover? (I'll have to look back and see). But, for all we know someone at some point may have been successful at sharpening that blurred image. Everytime we clicked on this thread, there was a chance that the image was un-blurred and posted, right?

I am one of the ones that doesn't mind knowing in advance. It doesn't make a difference to me. I am not going to Spring Launch (if I was, I probably wouldn't be clicking on this thread). I don't tell anyone in my cluster the info if I find out early. I am just as excited when we have our meeting. This time, though, we won't have a meeting until March - so the info will have been out for a few weeks.

I too am one that doesn't mind knowing, But the link isn't working for me. Maybe they fixed it?

Interesting! The link worked earlier today, and now you just get a "Please accept our apologies" or something. Our "HO Trolls" must have seen what was going on and maybe got it taken care of on THAT side of the fence.*muhahahahaha* So for those of you who missed that short window of opportunity. I'm sorry. I'm glad I saw it earlier, but now I can't wait to thumb through my catalog when I get it.

Last edited:
I am going to Spring Launch and I'm still not ticked that I know what the items supposedly are. Kathleen I thought the same about everyone jumping on the bandwagon to know the secret item (C&S Tray).

I personally appreciate 'the trolls' and hope they stick around so that those who want to know things - aren't left in the dark in anticipation of the ''tah dah" moment and looking forward to reading the "we don't want to know so only enter to place your guess" thread. I do enjoy reading what people think and how much effort people put into researching newer items.

Either way - todays lesson of the day:

"Don't sweat the small stuff."

I'm with Melissa on this one. I couldn't resist the link & loved everything I saw. Not disappointed, it was known in the beginning we were out to get "answers". Isn't that why we all kept reading it?! I'm going to SL too and am not going to share with the team. I'll still be excited to see all the new products. Can't wait to get my hands on them!

I too am no longer able to open it, disappointed b/c after having gone through it at least 3 times, can't wait to look through it again. It's going to be a great Spring!

Barb I'm jealous b/c I didn't get to see the pics. I won't share with my team either.

flemings99 said:
I'm with Melissa on this one. I couldn't resist the link & loved everything I saw. Not disappointed, it was known in the beginning we were out to get "answers". Isn't that why we all kept reading it?! I'm going to SL too and am not going to share with the team. I'll still be excited to see all the new products. Can't wait to get my hands on them!QUOTE]

Same feelings here!

This morning when I saw the link a decided not to look at it, but later after I read Shaila's post I decided to try it that way :D It worked! Not any more thouh. I believe we are all old enough to be responsible for our actions.

I am happy and still excited to see all of the new spring products at SL:chef:

Well, I have to admit that I didn't go back and read all of the posts so I don't know anything I didn't know last time I checked it a week ago but I will say that while I don't actually have a problem with someone putting a link to something on here, other than the fact that we all know we are supposed to have it or share it so respect the request of the company if you do find something out, but I do have a problem with things actually being listed in a post. It's one thing for me to have to click on something and make the choice to ruin a surprise, it's something else to have it spelled out. Yes, the title of thread says that we are making guesses and it may contain spoilers - this post clearly DID contain a big spoiler that wasn't just the fun guesses everyone else had been making.

If you want to find out on your own, that is one thing. But I'm just one of those people that believes - if the company says no one finds out until February 5th and then you don't tell anyone else until after the last launch on the 12th, then that's what should happen. Respect the company we all love..............

Just my opinion. At this point I think the entire thread should be deleted.

pcsharon1 said:
Well, I have to admit that I didn't go back and read all of the posts so I don't know anything I didn't know last time I checked it a week ago but I will say that while I don't actually have a problem with someone putting a link to something on here, other than the fact that we all know we are supposed to have it or share it so respect the request of the company if you do find something out, but I do have a problem with things actually being listed in a post. It's one thing for me to have to click on something and make the choice to ruin a surprise, it's something else to have it spelled out. Yes, the title of thread says that we are making guesses and it may contain spoilers - this post clearly DID contain a big spoiler that wasn't just the fun guesses everyone else had been making.

If you want to find out on your own, that is one thing. But I'm just one of those people that believes - if the company says no one finds out until February 5th and then you don't tell anyone else until after the last launch on the 12th, then that's what should happen. Respect the company we all love..............

Totally agree with the bolded part.

pcsharon1 said:

I don't agree, there have been some very good thoughts, opinions, and ideas in this thread. Granted, there have been some passionate responses, but so far, no harm done.

I am with Melissa. The only thing that I am sorry about is that I missed the link....yet again. The reason I opened this thread is because of the title. My other job has always had their conference on the same day and I've never been able to attend a lauch.

Maybe I will catch the link next season.

<h2>1. What is the theme for the Spring Catalog 2011?</h2><p>The theme for the Spring Catalog 2011 is "Warning May Contain Spoilers" which hints at the exciting new products and surprises that can be found inside.</p><h2>2. When is the Spring Launch event taking place?</h2><p>The Spring Launch event will be happening on CC (Cooking Show Consultant) on a date to be announced. Stay tuned for more details!</p><h2>3. What products can we expect to see in the Spring Catalog 2011?</h2><p>The Spring Catalog 2011 will feature a variety of new and innovative kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.</p><h2>4. Can we get a sneak peek at the Spring 2011 Catalog?</h2><p>Yes, there is a "commercial" for attending Spring Launch on CC that shows a blurred out copy of the catalog. You can pause it to get a better look, but the full catalog will be revealed at the Spring Launch event.</p><h2>5. How can I attend the Spring Launch event?</h2><p>If you are a CC (Cooking Show Consultant), you will automatically have access to the Spring Launch event. If you are not a CC, you can sign up to become one and join in on all the fun and excitement of the Spring Launch event.</p>

1. What is the theme for the Spring Catalog 2011?

The theme for the Spring Catalog 2011 is "Warning May Contain Spoilers" which hints at the exciting new products and surprises that can be found inside.

2. When is the Spring Launch event taking place?

The Spring Launch event will be happening on CC (Cooking Show Consultant) on a date to be announced. Stay tuned for more details!

3. What products can we expect to see in the Spring Catalog 2011?

The Spring Catalog 2011 will feature a variety of new and innovative kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

4. Can we get a sneak peek at the Spring 2011 Catalog?

Yes, there is a "commercial" for attending Spring Launch on CC that shows a blurred out copy of the catalog. You can pause it to get a better look, but the full catalog will be revealed at the Spring Launch event.

5. How can I attend the Spring Launch event?

If you are a CC (Cooking Show Consultant), you will automatically have access to the Spring Launch event. If you are not a CC, you can sign up to become one and join in on all the fun and excitement of the Spring Launch event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imcooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
  • RossDeb2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • chefjeanine