• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pull A Parts in the Deep Dish Pie Plate & Square Baker Glazed Stoneware Demo

In summary, the conversation revolves around various recipes that can be made in the Square Baker and the Deep Dish Pie Plate from Pampered Chef. One person recommends the Very Berry Kuchen recipe, while another suggests the Mom's Apple Crisp from the All the Best--Mom's Apple Crisp cookbook. The group also discusses other options for using the bakeware, such as making lasagna, brownies, and casseroles. The conversation also touches on the issue of receiving damaged products in the mail and the need to adjust cooking times when doubling a recipe.
jrstephens
What do you cook in it? I want to do Pull A Parts in the Deep Dish Pie Plate and would love to do a demo that can be done in the Square Baker to show more of the glazed Stoneware this month. I just odered the Square Baker from my Open House.

Here's one...My friend made this the other day. It's delicious!!! She made it in the Deep Dish Baker, but the recipe says you can make it in the Square Baker.

Very Berry Kuchen

Ingredients:
13/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
2 cups (any combination) berries such as raspberries, blueberries or blackberries

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray Square Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flour and brown sugar in large bowl. Cut in butter using Pastry Blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add baking powder, cinnamon and salt to remaining flour mixture. In small bowl, whisk egg and milk; add to flour mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.

2. Pour batter into baker; sprinkle with berries and reserved flour mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; serve warm.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 2 g

The apple crisp is always a hit and super easy. You can adjust the recipe to fit in any of your glazed bakeware.

Which cookbook is the Apple Crisp in?

All the Best--Mom's Apple Crisp. Way yummy!

You can find some apple cristps recipes here http://joycesfinecooking.com/pamperedchefs.htm

I make Lasagna in mine(small family), and brownies, and other bars that are a 9x9 recipe....coffee cakes, casseroles, side dish casseroles (like sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, scalloped potatoes, etc...) I use mine all of the time - in fact, I have 2!

I just found out there may be 20+ people at the show I'm doing this Sunday. I planned on doing Mom's Apple Crisp as everyone has been talking about. Now I think I may need to 1.5x the recipe or double it. Do I adjust the cooking time or is the 14-16 minutes still sufficient?

Tanya

I just got the square baker and deep dish pie plate today. I was so excited that I was giddy all day until Mr. Brown dropped them off. They looked like he literally "dropped" them off the back of his truck. I opened the first box and saw cranberry stone dust on another product. I know it is stupid, but I almost want to cry when I see all the broken little pieces. They are SHATTERED, not just broken, but the boxes are in impeccable shape. HO sent replacements without needing the broken pieces, so that is a good thing! I read this thread this morning getting so excited for the square baker, but it looks like I will have to wait a few more days!!

siderits said:
I just found out there may be 20+ people at the show I'm doing this Sunday. I planned on doing Mom's Apple Crisp as everyone has been talking about. Now I think I may need to 1.5x the recipe or double it. Do I adjust the cooking time or is the 14-16 minutes still sufficient?

Tanya
Just a thought...the Mom's Apple Crisp is done in the Microwave - so make sure if you use a larger stone, it will fit in there! I usually do the Crisp in the round Deep Dish Baker, and serve it with ice cream. If doubling, I would think cook it for 16 minutes and check it to see if it needs more time. the other thing you could do is make 2 of them - have one made ahead, and one that you demo. This is ALWAYS a favorite when I do it - and people are amazed that it is so quick and easy!

gilliandanielle said:
I just got the square baker and deep dish pie plate today. I was so excited that I was giddy all day until Mr. Brown dropped them off. They looked like he literally "dropped" them off the back of his truck. I opened the first box and saw cranberry stone dust on another product. I know it is stupid, but I almost want to cry when I see all the broken little pieces. They are SHATTERED, not just broken, but the boxes are in impeccable shape. HO sent replacements without needing the broken pieces, so that is a good thing! I read this thread this morning getting so excited for the square baker, but it looks like I will have to wait a few more days!!
Gillian - so sorry about your baker! I had that happen with my new rectangle SA server.....I could here it rattling before I even opened the box. Talk about a sinking feeling! I couldn't believe it though - PC made me ship it back (their dime)before sending me a new one...so I didn't have it for my Open House:( I think it totally depends on who you get on the phone when you call! Have fun when it finally arrives intact! You are going to love it!

gilliandanielle said:

I feel your pain! When I got my chillzane in SS3 it was broken and I had planned to use it for my little boy's birthday party. Thankfully, I got someone good at HO and they shipped it immediately without me returning and it arrived in time!

I know it seems crazy to get upset when something is broken, but I think we get so built up and excited about trying it that we are like little children that get a toy at their birthday party but do not have batteries to make it work!

ChefBeckyD said:
PC made me ship it back (their dime)before sending me a new one...so I didn't have it for my Open House:( I think it totally depends on who you get on the phone when you call! Have fun when it finally arrives intact! You are going to love it!

Next time you call in with a broken piece try telling them you need it for a show. When I have done that in the past they have gotten it out without me returning the item or went ahead and sent it out with the understanding I would send it back. And I did actually need it for a show - no fibbing on my part! :D Of course, I know sometimes the people we talk to just do not want to be helpful or cannot understand a word we are saying! :rolleyes:

The Banana Cream Brownie Squares - Casual Cooking p.98 is a good one for shows... I make the brownie at home, and finish the rest at the show... it is supposed to refrigerate 30 minutes, but is that REALLY a must? I've made it for a show before as the demo, and it seemed fine...? Anyone more knowledgable than me on this? I know it will help it firm up, but ...

Has anyone made the Apple Berry Crisp <Square Baker>(casual cooking p 118)? bad thing is it has to stand 30 minutes

Hi , Everyone
I have a show tonight so I wanted to try the Up side down Apple cake in a pc of stoneware not the Skillet. Well it came out BEUTIFUL . then I flipped in onto the med square S.A. with the cranberry edge . Now my husband wants to bring it to work ,so I am going to make it as a second recipe and flip it there It came out with no problem ( sill hot ) Tonghts show already has 350.00 in outside orders and alot of people should be there too. Wish me luck 13 more shows to go this month !!!!

Doreen Zaino
[email protected]

1. What is the purpose of using the Pull A Parts in the Deep Dish Pie Plate & Square Baker Glazed Stoneware Demo?

The Pull A Parts in the Deep Dish Pie Plate & Square Baker Glazed Stoneware Demo is designed to showcase the versatility and convenience of our stoneware products. It allows you to easily create and serve dishes with perfect portions and beautiful presentation.

2. How does the Pull A Parts feature work in these stoneware products?

The Pull A Parts feature consists of small perforations on the bottom of the stoneware, which allows excess moisture to escape while cooking. This results in evenly cooked and crisp dishes.

3. Can I use the Pull A Parts in the Deep Dish Pie Plate & Square Baker Glazed Stoneware Demo in the oven?

Yes, these stoneware products are safe to use in the oven up to 450°F. They are also microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe for added convenience.

4. Are the Pull A Parts stoneware products also suitable for baking sweet dishes?

Absolutely! The Pull A Parts feature works well for both savory and sweet dishes, making it perfect for baking pies, quiches, casseroles, and even desserts like brownies and fruit crisps.

5. Can I use metal utensils on the Pull A Parts stoneware products?

No, it is recommended to only use nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils on the Pull A Parts stoneware products to avoid scratching the surface. Metal utensils can damage the glaze and affect the non-stick properties of the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Energizermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • StacieB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • kam