• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Going to Whine a Little About the Deep Dish Baker

The training says that the stoneware baker is better for casseroles while the metal pan is better for desserts like brownies that cool down faster.
kam
Staff member
I knew the Deep Dish Baker is gone...but I didn't realize how many recipes I demo that use this stone! (Note: the Deep DISH Baker - not the Deep Covered Baker)

I always have the Beef Enchilada Casserole on my list (it is in the 29 Min to Dinner) and it calls for the Deep Dish Baker. I am trying to figure out what I would use instead!

And it seems odd that they would discontinue this while the Cookbook is still very popular.

Also, I like to put the Touchdown Taco Dip on my list for Fall - and now that the oval baker is gone, the last official recipe called for the Deep Dish Baker - and that is gone too!

I figure I can use the Square Baker...but I am just sad that the Deep Dish Baker is gone.

Oh! And I used to have the Spiced Pumpkin Spread on my list a couple years back and I was going to add that until I remembered it used the OLD 2-cup oval baker. Has anyone done it in the 4-cup mini-baker?

OK - thanks for listening...I just wanted to whine that I am going to miss the Deep Dish Baker! :cry:

I have 2 DDB's and I love them - use them all the time. (but not really at shows much)

The pumpkin dip will work just fine in the mini baker. So does the spinach artichoke dip from All The Best.

Usually the DCB works as a fine substitute for the DCB.The stoneware pie plate works just fine for the DDB. I made the enchilada casarole in it, added black beans to the meat mixture, and had room to spare!

I just got my DDB in June. I am so bummed that it's discontinued!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have 2 DDB's and I love them - use them all the time. (but not really at shows much)

The pumpkin dip will work just fine in the mini baker. So does the spinach artichoke dip from All The Best.

Thanks! I hadn't even thought about the old oval baker and this recipe until I started digging around for something different to put on my recipe list for the Fall. Then it dawned on me that the small oval has been gone for awhile! Good to know that I can use the Mini-Baker without having to double the recipe. (Not like I am going to find canned pumpkin anyway)

Intrepid_Chef said:
Usually the DCB works as a fine substitute for the DCB.

The stoneware pie plate works just fine for the DDB. I made the enchilada casarole in it, added black beans to the meat mixture, and had room to spare!

I completely forgot about the pie plate. Don't even know where mine is (not a pie baker). But, I guess it would work well for the Enchilada Casserole and the Touchdown Taco dip too!

I've always made the Enchilada Casserole in the Deep Covered Baker. I think I might alter the layers so it's more layers but otherwise I follow the recipe.

I heard on the news the other night that the "pumpkin crisis" is officially over. Supposedly cans should be arriving at the stores any day now, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I had a lady at my show the other day wanting to order one of these. She said it made the perfect quish dish

You are not alone. I was lost until I started doing the 3 cheese garden pizza and Chicken Piccata Pasta.

I was going to do brownies, but the new training suggest the stoneware baker is better for casseroles while the metal pan is better for desserts like brownies that cool down faster. I thought the stone made great brownies. I'm confused?

1. What is the Deep Dish Baker and how is it different from other baking dishes?

The Deep Dish Baker is a versatile ceramic baking dish designed specifically for making deep dish casseroles, desserts, and other dishes. Its deep sides and fluted edges make it perfect for creating delicious and visually appealing dishes. It is different from other baking dishes because of its unique shape and size, allowing for more depth and volume in your recipes.

2. Can I use the Deep Dish Baker in the microwave and oven?

Yes, the Deep Dish Baker is safe to use in both the microwave and oven. Its ceramic material is able to withstand high temperatures and evenly distribute heat for even cooking. However, it is not recommended for use on stovetops or open flames.

3. How do I clean and care for my Deep Dish Baker?

The Deep Dish Baker is dishwasher safe, but it is best to hand wash it with warm soapy water to preserve its quality. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils, as they can scratch the surface. Also, be sure to let the dish cool down before washing or placing it in the fridge or freezer to prevent cracking.

4. Can I use the Deep Dish Baker to make bread or other baked goods?

Yes, the Deep Dish Baker can be used to make bread, cakes, and other baked goods. Its deep and fluted design helps to create a beautiful and evenly baked crust. It is also great for making deep dish pizzas, quiches, and more.

5. Is the Deep Dish Baker covered by a warranty?

Yes, the Deep Dish Baker comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If it breaks or becomes damaged due to normal use, Pampered Chef will replace it for free. However, the warranty does not cover damage from misuse or accidental breakage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Energizermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • BeckyC5830
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • allergycooker