• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Dish Baker - Do You Use It Often?

In summary, the group discussed the use of the deep dish baker and shared various recipes and suggestions for its versatility. They mentioned using it for layered Mexican dishes with tortillas, cinnamon buns, casseroles, deep dish pizza, and apple crisp. They also shared a recipe for enchiladas that can be made in the baker, as well as suggestions for dips and appetizers. One person mentioned a recipe for Mom's Apple Crisp from the All the Best cookbook. They also mentioned using the baker for their "signature appetizer" called Heaven on a Cracker, which is a cheesy dip. A recipe for cinnamon rolls using the baker was also shared. Overall, the group highly recommended the deep dish baker for its versatility and usefulness in
Bexs50
Hi all! I have a chance to order a stone at 60% off (one of my hosts, my best friend, does not want to use her host special and said I could have it). I already have the rect. baker, square baker, DD pie plate, and small oval baker. I am thinking about getting the deep dish baker. Do you use this stone often? If so, what do you use it for?

My director is doing the Deep dish BLT. She just loves it.

This is perfect to make layered mexican dishes with tortillas. A woman that I work with gave me a recipe for enchiladas, and she would roll them all up but dump the leftover fillings and sauces and cheese over the top so in the end you couldn't tell one enchilada from another so I just figured I would layer it and the whole pan was gone with my children in a matter of minutes, I just might have to get me another one so I can make 2 pans at once.

I've been using it for all kinds of things... casseroles, deep dish pizza, apple crisp, it's great for dip at a big get-together (especially with the holidays coming up!).

The Deep Dish Baker is great for cinnamon buns!

Thanks girls...I'm sold! :D

jdavis said:
This is perfect to make layered mexican dishes with tortillas. A woman that I work with gave me a recipe for enchiladas, and she would roll them all up but dump the leftover fillings and sauces and cheese over the top so in the end you couldn't tell one enchilada from another so I just figured I would layer it and the whole pan was gone with my children in a matter of minutes, I just might have to get me another one so I can make 2 pans at once.
Can you post the recipe for that??

That stone used to come in the starter kit because it is so versatile... everything from brownies to a whole chicken... I have two...one New Traditions, and the classic one from my kit...definitely well seasoned!

I make an incredible spinach dip... my recipe.... my friends love it so much and I always make it in the Deep Dish Baker... now they all have one!!! :)

Have a great week!!
Jaye

Nevermind... I read something wrong!

I love making the Mom's Apple Crisp from All the Best in the Deep Dish Baker! I made it for a show yesterday & half the people bought the bakers & the cookbook!

I use mine for my "signature appetizer," Heaven on a Cracker. It's a cheesy dip, so it's perfect to keep it warmer for longer.

Cinnamon Rolls/Pull-Aparts are great in it, too.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it!

Ok, here's the recipe, she titled it Becky's Enchiladas

2 lbs hamburger
small onion
1 pak taco seasoning
flour tortillas (may substitute corn tortillas)
2 cans of Old Elpaso Enchilada Sauce
1 can Rotel
Shredded Cheese
1 can refried beans
1/4 c water

Preheat oven to 350. Brown hamburger with onion, drain grease and add taco seasoning. Mix enchilada sauce and rotel in medium pan and heat. Heat refried beans with about 1/4 c water. Fill tortilla with meat, beans, and a little enchilada sauce and cheese. Roll up like a burrito and place in pan. Pour remaining sauce, beans, and meat over enchiladas and sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake until cheese is melted.

I usually just use a recipe as a guide most of the time at home, so like I said earlier I didn't roll up like burritos, I just layered it, I put the enchilada sauce on the bottom, then a tortilla, then more sauce, then beans, meat, and cheese, and repeated until done, I used also another small pan that I had from my tiered cake pan set with some of the little tortillas.

Hi ladies...

Would one of you be able to assist?
I am looking for an awesome recipe for the cinnamon rolls/buns. I looked on the PC website and I don't have the Pantry bread mix it calls for and I also looked on here but I didn't find one.
I am doing a theme show of Breakfast on Friday night!! Should be fun!! :)
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!
Jaye

I haven't tested this recipes but it sounds good:

http://joycesfinecooking.com/PC%20Recipes/caramel_apple_cinnamon_rolls.htm

That's perfect!!!

Thanks so much!!! ;)

I appreciate your time!
Jaye

http://bread.allrecipes.com/az/ClnfCinnbn.asp

This recipe is called Clone of a Cinnabun and BOY is it amazing!

KimmyDarling said:
I use mine for my "signature appetizer," Heaven on a Cracker. It's a cheesy dip, so it's perfect to keep it warmer for longer.

Cinnamon Rolls/Pull-Aparts are great in it, too.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it!

Kimmy~
We need to know what your recipe for Heaven on a Cracker is!!!!!!;)

THe deep dish baker is what got me selling pampered chef- It makes THE BEST Deep dish pizza ever- my husband wanted us to have 3 so he could have enough deep dish to have his friends over!
the trick is to heat the stone a bit first with a bit of veg oil and seasoning, then place your crust (you can buy good crust at many pizza joints for free) and add the yummy toppings! OMG!

Koren

KellyTheChef said:
Kimmy~

Sure! I'll go find it and post it in recipes.

KellyTheChef said:
Kimmy~

Here is the recipe (both attached and copied/pasted). I've adapted it from my original version, which was published in Jill Conner Browne's "The Sweet Potato Queen's Big-Ass Cookbook (and Financial Planner)." I used to do it in the microwave, until I discovered stoneware!

Enjoy...

Heaven on a Cracker

16 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2/3 cup Miracle Whip
8 oz Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 T Green Onion, finely chopped
16 slices crumbled bacon
3/4 sleeve crushed Ritz crackers

Preheat oven to 350°.

Place cream cheese in the Classic Batter Bowl. Soften in the microwave (about 1 minute).
Add the Swiss Cheese and onion, blending with the Classic Scraper. When blended, put mixture into Deep Dish Baker. Sprinkle crushed crackers and crumbled bacon on top.

Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with crackers or chips (Tostitos are perfect for this).

NOTES:
Bacon can be cooked on Large Bar Pan in 400° oven for 20 minutes. For easy cleanup, you can line bar with Parchment Paper. Remove and allow to cool. Use Food Chopper to make crumbles.

Crackers can be crushed in large Zip-Loc bag with Baker’s Roller.

Attachments

• Heaven on a Cracker.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 374
Thanks so much for sharing the recipe, Kim. I'm hungry just picturing it!

Becca115 said:
Thanks so much for sharing the recipe, Kim. I'm hungry just picturing it!
You're welcome. I promise you, it is so good-- it'll make you wanna run in place!
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/6499/ahhh1gv.gif

I'll 2nd the heaven on a cracker recommendation!!! It's stinkin' awesome!!!!!!

That recipe looks awesome. I am having my girlfriends over tonight and if I wasn't tied to making My Spinach Dip, then I would make this... but, I have a show next week, maybe I can make it for that! YUMMY!! :)

Thanks so much!
Jaye :)

1. How do I clean the Deep Dish Baker?

The Deep Dish Baker is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water for best results. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers to prevent damaging the non-stick coating.

2. Can I use the Deep Dish Baker in the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Dish Baker is safe to use in the microwave. However, it is important to note that the lid should not be used in the microwave.

3. What is the maximum temperature the Deep Dish Baker can withstand?

The Deep Dish Baker is oven safe up to 450°F (232°C). It is also safe to use in the freezer and refrigerator.

4. How do I prevent food from sticking to the Deep Dish Baker?

To prevent food from sticking, it is recommended to lightly spray the baker with non-stick cooking spray or oil before use. You can also line the baker with parchment paper or aluminum foil.

5. Is the Deep Dish Baker safe to use with metal utensils?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with the Deep Dish Baker as it may scratch or damage the non-stick coating. It is best to use silicone, wooden, or plastic utensils when cooking with the Deep Dish Baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Energizermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • StacieB