1. Join Chef Success Today!
    We're the #1 Pampered Chef Consultant Community. Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files, images, discussions etc! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Using Deep Covered Baker in Microwave

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by ChefDi, Feb 20, 2017.

1. ChefDi

ChefDi Novice Member Gold Member

A friend of ours just moved into his first apartment. He's a young, single guy who wants to learn to cook but doesn't know much now. We want to get him the deep covered baker, but his microwave doesn't have the carousel in it. I thought there were instructions for microwaves without them, but I can't find anything. I have never had one without it. Any tips or suggestions? I'm assuming he will have to turn it, but how often?

Thanks!

Di

Feb 20, 2017
  2. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

Hey there - I'm downsizing & moved into an apartment.
    The deep covered baker won't even fit into the microwave!
    The large stoneware barely fits into the oven.
    For a young guy learning how to cook, might I suggest an excellent forged cutlery utility knife & cutting board would be far more useful? He'll remember it for years.
    I didn't have a decent knife until I was in my 30s.

Feb 20, 2017
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Don't forget...there is the Round Covered Baker, but also a smaller version of the Deep Covered Baker is coming out this week in the spring line. It may fit in a smaller microwave (I think it's about half the size of the original DCB).

Feb 27, 2017
  4. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Typically turn a vessel every 1/4 of the cooking time, or every 4 minutes, whichever is less. I made lots of 3-2-1 cakes (look on files) in microwaves without turntables and wowed folks every time regardless if there was a turntable in the microwave or not. Remember a microwave heats from the bottom, and that resting time is important. As you know, foods with a high water content or foods that can steam do very well in a microwave.

Mar 27, 2017
  5. ChefDi

ChefDi Novice Member Gold Member

Thanks! Now that they came out with the smaller one, I might get him that one. Just can't decide - so many options! lol

Mar 30, 2017
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted