• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Dish Baker - Touch Down Taco Dip

In summary, the customer's old unglazed stoneware piece resembled the Deep Dish Baker and she makes a taco dip in it. The dish has a hairline crack in it and she is wondering if the Deep Dish Baker is the same pan she bought years ago. The Deep Dish Baker was first introduced in the 1990s.
BeckyC5830
I have a customer who bought a piece of unglazed stoneware years ago (she says 20) that resembles the Deep Dish Baker. She makes a taco/bean dip in it, I'm thinking Touchdown Taco Dip, but I don't have access to the recipe in it (to see what pan is recommended to make it in) and her dish now has a hairline crack. Because her stoneware piece is in another state right now she is wondering if the Deep Dish Baker is the same pan she bought years ago. For any of you veterans, has the DDB been around that long? Did it first come out as unglazed?

BTW -- Does anyone has the Touchdown Taco Dip recipe they can forward me? I can't find it in the files and it's in a cookbook I don't have...

My deep dish baker is the glazed vanilla from the 90's. Not sure how long it was around before that.

I think the recipe is still on Consultant's Corner, but I'm attaching it for you just in case. ;)

Attachments

• Touchdown Taco Dip - Game Day.pdf
    134.8 KB · Views: 462
Yes - in fact, it hasn't been that long since the unglazed one was discontinued. I LOVE mine.

I'm sure it was the Touchdown Taco Dip - when I first started, the recipe that I had called for it to be made in the old DDB.

The difference between the unglazed and glazed is that the glazed one that is currently in the catalog has little handles on it, and the unglazed one doesn't - and the glazed one is just a tad bit deeper.

We have the unglazed one from when my GRANDMA was a consultant! LOL..but, like ChefBeckyD said, they're very similar. I would imagine that you could do most (if not all) of the recipes from the old one in the new one.

Thank you so much for your responses and the recipe! I can let my customer know now. You're all the best!

Touchdown taco dip is a must have around here and has been for over 20 years. The unglazed deep dish baker was smaller than the glazed one but only in that the glazed one is deeper. I have made that dip in the glazed one and it's just fine but that recipe also fits perfectly in the minibaker. Personally I prefer using the minibaker because the recipe fills the stone (but does not over flow at all) so it looks better to serve...

Customer is placing an order on my niece's show to replace her old DDB based on everyone's feedback! Thank you!

I am sorry to hear about your customer's cracked stoneware piece. The Deep Dish Baker has indeed been around for quite some time and is a popular choice for making delicious dishes like the Touchdown Taco Dip. The original Deep Dish Baker was unglazed, but it has since been updated to a glazed version for easier cleaning.I am happy to confirm that the Deep Dish Baker is a suitable pan for making the Touchdown Taco Dip. In fact, many of our customers have used it with great success. It is the perfect size and shape for this delicious dip.Unfortunately, I do not have the Touchdown Taco Dip recipe on hand. However, I recommend reaching out to our customer service team or checking out our online recipe database for a similar recipe that you can use with the Deep Dish Baker.I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions. As always, I am here to support you in any way I can.Happy cooking!

1. Can the Deep Dish Baker be used in the oven?

Yes, the Deep Dish Baker is oven-safe and can be used for baking, roasting, and broiling.

2. Is the Touch Down Taco Dip recipe included with the Deep Dish Baker?

No, the recipe is not included with the Deep Dish Baker. However, you can find the recipe on our website or in our Pampered Chef cookbook.

3. Can the Deep Dish Baker be used in the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Dish Baker is microwave-safe and can be used for reheating and cooking certain dishes.

4. Is the Deep Dish Baker dishwasher-safe?

Yes, the Deep Dish Baker is dishwasher-safe. We recommend placing it on the top rack of your dishwasher for best results.

5. Can the Touch Down Taco Dip be served cold or does it need to be heated?

The Touch Down Taco Dip can be served either hot or cold depending on your preference. However, we recommend heating it in the Deep Dish Baker for best flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • casescafe
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies