• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Blueberry Stains from Deep Dish Baker

In summary, to remove blueberry stains from your deep dish baker, you can use a mixture of water and vinegar or a paste of baking soda and water. Avoid using bleach and instead stick to natural cleaning methods such as vinegar, baking soda, or dish soap. To prevent stains, rinse your deep dish baker immediately after use and consider soaking it in warm water with dish soap. Avoid using stain remover products as they may contain harsh chemicals.
casescafe
I made a peach & blueberry cobbler from a recipe that my wife and I saw on the food network. We made the cobbler in our deep dish baker. We now have a bunch of blueberry stains (spots) on the bottom of the baker.

Anyone have any good tips that will remove the stains without harming the "seasoning?":cry:

Try the baking soda paste. Or possibly the crescent roll trick.

Clueless...OK... I'm a little clueless here. Please explain the Crescent Roll trick.

I'm not for sure if it will help with the stains but I do know it helps with removing food oders. You take a tube of crescent rolls and lay them out flat and cover the entire cooking surface of the stoneware. Bake and then toss the rolls. It my help lift the stains but I think the baking soda paste would be the first route that I would go.

As my first large barpan seasoned it got ugly purpleish marks all over it. I do not recall using it for any particular recipes that would possibly have done that. It looked TERRIBLE. My director said to deal with it and that sometimes they season unevenly.

I bought a different one to use at shows and it seasoned fine.

Now my first barpan is well seasoned and I proudly show it. I can't see the purple markings anymore! :sing:

So my advice is to use that pan a lot and get it well seasoned!

1. How do I remove blueberry stains from my deep dish baker?

To remove blueberry stains from your deep dish baker, start by mixing equal parts water and white vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray the stain and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, use a scrub brush or sponge to gently scrub the stain in a circular motion. Rinse with water and repeat if necessary. Alternatively, you can also make a paste using baking soda and water and apply it to the stain. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing and rinsing.

2. Will using bleach remove blueberry stains from my deep dish baker?

No, using bleach is not recommended as it may damage the finish of your deep dish baker and can also be harmful to your health. Stick to natural cleaning methods such as vinegar, baking soda, or lemon juice to remove stains.

3. Can I use dish soap to remove blueberry stains from my deep dish baker?

Yes, dish soap can be used to remove blueberry stains. Mix a small amount of dish soap with warm water and apply it to the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a sponge or cloth. Rinse with water and repeat if necessary.

4. How do I prevent blueberry stains from forming in my deep dish baker?

To prevent blueberry stains, it is best to rinse your deep dish baker with warm water immediately after use. If the stain is stubborn, you can also soak the baker in warm water with a dash of dish soap before washing it as usual.

5. Can I use a stain remover product on my deep dish baker?

We do not recommend using stain remover products on your deep dish baker as they may contain harsh chemicals that can damage the finish. Stick to natural cleaning methods for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies