• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Mustard Stains from Measuring Spoon

In summary, to remove mustard stains from your measuring spoon, rinse with cold water and scrub with a mixture of baking soda and water. Avoid using bleach to remove stains and prevent them by immediately cleaning the spoon after use or coating it with oil beforehand. For old and set-in stains, a stronger stain remover may be necessary, and it is best to use a soft-bristled brush or sponge to avoid damaging the spoon.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Hope someone can help me with this. I did a party yesterday and we used mustard in a recipe. The mustard has stained my adjustable measuring spoon. Should it have done this?? Does anyone know what I could use to try to remove the stain. The yellow colour is very obvious on the grey part and I don't really want to use this at my shows. Any suggestions?

Try a baking soda paste... that's usually what's suggested, I think.

Soak it in hot soapy water. That usually takes care of stains that I have had. Occasionally, a stain will linger but I've noticed that after a couple of washings the stain will fade to nothing (biggest problem for me is carrots!).

1. How do I remove mustard stains from my measuring spoon?

To remove mustard stains from your measuring spoon, start by rinsing the spoon with cold water to dilute the stain. Then, mix a solution of equal parts baking soda and water and scrub the stain with a brush or sponge. Rinse with cold water and repeat if necessary. Finally, wash the spoon with dish soap and warm water.

2. Can I use bleach to remove mustard stains from my measuring spoon?

No, bleach should not be used to remove mustard stains from measuring spoons. Bleach can cause damage and discoloration to the spoon, and can also be harmful if the spoon is used for food preparation.

3. How do I prevent mustard stains from forming on my measuring spoon?

To prevent mustard stains, it is best to clean your measuring spoon immediately after use. Rinse with cold water and wash with dish soap and warm water. You can also coat the spoon with a small amount of oil before using it to measure mustard, as this will help prevent the mustard from sticking to the spoon.

4. What if the mustard stain is old and already set in?

If the mustard stain is old and set in, you may need to use a stronger stain remover, such as a stain-fighting laundry detergent. Follow the instructions on the detergent and let the spoon soak for a few hours before washing with dish soap and warm water.

5. Will using a metal scrubber damage my measuring spoon?

Using a metal scrubber may cause scratches on your measuring spoon, especially if it is made of plastic. It is best to use a soft-bristled brush or sponge when cleaning your spoon to avoid damaging it. If the stain is stubborn, you can also try using a paste of baking soda and water instead of a scrubber.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • akrebecca
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • BeckyC5830