• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Removing Stains from Ultimate Mandoline & Collapsible Salad Bowl

In summary, Tonight I used my Ultimate Mandoline to grate carrots for a carrot cake. The plastic is now stained orange. I got a little lighter after soap and water, but it's not completely gone. Does anyone know how to get rid of the stains? Also, my Collapsible Salad bowl has stains in the green part due to tomato sauce. Any tips on how to clean this? Thanks,Barbara
k1tchng0ddess
Tonight I used my Ultimate Mandoline to grate carrots for a carrot cake. The plastic is now stained orange. I got a little lighter after soap and water, but it's not completely gone. Does anyone know how to get rid of the stains?
Also, my Collapsible Salad bowl has stains in the green part due to tomato sauce. Any tips on how to clean this?
Thanks,
Barbara

Baking soda is the "old reliable". I use Oxy dishwashing liquid and let it soak. It will take anything out...

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I've sometimes used baking soda on my stones if I make something really greasy; I never thought to try it on plastic. :)

I think Cascade or some company has a plastics cleaner also, if nothing else works.

Lemon juice might help as well!!

Good luck!!

Paula

Someone said that they used the UM for potatoes after carrots and the stains went away. Must be the starch in them.

Cascade Plastic Booster takes out stains & odors from plastic products.

candiejayne said:
Someone said that they used the UM for potatoes after carrots and the stains went away. Must be the starch in them.

Uck!! That makes me really want to "re-think" my love of potatoes!!

I use bleach - like clorox cleanup -

Thanks for this thread. I have had the same problem with my cutting boards after
using the crinkle cutter with carrots. Bleach was a help for that. I understand that
we are not to put tomato products into the collapsible bowls because of the staining
potential. I will be anxious to hear definitively what removes stains when we make a
mistake and use vegetables that stain in the collapsible bowls. Not only do I warn folks, but I advise them strongly to read the Uses and Care booklet that comes with their new
products.

Ok, I have not tried anything yet, but I'll try the suggestions in order and let you all know what worked.
Thanks again,
Barb

1. How do I remove stains from my Ultimate Mandoline and Collapsible Salad Bowl?

To remove stains from your Ultimate Mandoline and Collapsible Salad Bowl, start by washing it with warm soapy water and a soft cloth. If the stain persists, try using a mixture of equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for 30 minutes before wiping it off with a damp cloth. For tougher stains, you can also try using a small amount of white vinegar or lemon juice. Just be sure to rinse the bowl thoroughly after cleaning.

2. Can I put my Ultimate Mandoline and Collapsible Salad Bowl in the dishwasher?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline and Collapsible Salad Bowl is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the product. If you do choose to put it in the dishwasher, make sure to place it on the top rack.

3. My mandoline has a stubborn stain that won't come off. What should I do?

If the above methods do not work, you can also try using a small amount of rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover on a cotton ball to gently rub away the stain. Just be sure to rinse the bowl thoroughly with warm soapy water afterwards.

4. Will using abrasive cleaners damage my Ultimate Mandoline and Collapsible Salad Bowl?

Yes, we recommend avoiding the use of abrasive cleaners on your Ultimate Mandoline and Collapsible Salad Bowl as they can scratch the surface and potentially damage the product. Stick to using gentle methods, such as the baking soda paste or vinegar and lemon juice solutions mentioned above.

5. Can I use my mandoline and salad bowl to cut or store acidic foods?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline and Collapsible Salad Bowl are both made with food-safe materials that are safe for cutting and storing acidic foods. However, we recommend rinsing the bowl and mandoline with warm soapy water immediately after use to prevent any potential staining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• letscook04
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • koima
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • DessertDivaFL