• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using an Old Unglazed Stone Baker: Are DCB Recipes Compatible?

:)The old 2-piece unglazed stone baker is similar to the deep-dish baker but the unglazed pot does not fit in a microwave and the size is not as large. It is nice to have a lid/bowl for added protection when cooking, and the recipes that are included with the baker are helpful.
lauraP2000
I have a host who owns the old 2 piece unglazed stone baker from about 10 years ago. Seems to me to be similar to the Deep Covered Baker. She doesn't know how to cook with it. Will all the DCB recipes work? Are there any adaptations that should be made (time, temp, etc)?

I would think that the unglazed would work the same as the glazed. Not sure though. I have a loaf pan that is unglazed and I have a glazed piece and I cook the same in both of them. I think the glazing is just to "prettify" it. (not sure if that's a word or not)

What she is talking about is either the DDB with Baking Bowl or the Rect baker with Lid/Bowl. Both are totally different sizes than the DCB and neither will fit in a microwave.

Yes, I have the old sets and the DDB and lid can fit in some microwaves, the 9x13 and lid won't fit in most!You can cook in the oven though with them and still use the rub, etc. :)

I did have her check if it fit in her micro and it did NOT. I wasn't aware there were two pieces from the past that had a lid/bowl. Was the DDB more round than the Rect Baker? She's out of state, so I can't see it myself.

I'm hoping that current oven recipes for the DCB will work. If it were my stone, I would just experiment with time and temp. But she is intimidated by it and wants recipes with exact directions.

lauraP2000 said:
I did have her check if it fit in her micro and it did NOT. I wasn't aware there were two pieces from the past that had a lid/bowl. Was the DDB more round than the Rect Baker? She's out of state, so I can't see it myself.

I'm hoping that current oven recipes for the DCB will work. If it were my stone, I would just experiment with time and temp. But she is intimidated by it and wants recipes with exact directions.

The DDB is a round stone that had an optional bowl on top - great for stews, etc. The deep dish baker is currently available in vanilla/cranberry but no longer in the classic line. It is my most used stone second to my older 9 x 13. My bar pan is starting to catch up now.

Oh, on recipes, the old stoneware sensations or other stoneware books should have recipes mentioning those items...or old Season's Best Recipes...

Here's some I have for the DDB with lid. It also states double for the rect baker with lid. Don't forget to add your own contact info. Hope that helps! :)

Attachments

• Deep Dish Baker and Rectangular Baker with Lid Recipes.doc
    32 KB · Views: 372
Thanks all for the help - especially Jodi for the recipes. :)

the DCB recipes for oven use should work fine for the rectangle baker and lid/bowl. I use mine to bake chicken and veggies or a roast. It is awesome. It is the perfect size for my family. I like the DCB because it fits in the microwave and because the glaze is so pretty. But, it will not hold enought to feed my family.

1. Can I use my old unglazed stone baker with Pampered Chef's Deep Covered Baker (DCB) recipes?

Yes, you can use your old unglazed stone baker with DCB recipes. The DCB recipes are designed to work with various baking dishes, including unglazed stone bakers. However, you may need to make some adjustments to the cooking time and temperature as unglazed stone bakers may require longer cooking times compared to the DCB.

2. Do I need to preheat my old unglazed stone baker before using it with DCB recipes?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your unglazed stone baker before using it with DCB recipes. Preheating the baking dish helps to evenly distribute heat and ensures that your food cooks properly. You can preheat your unglazed stone baker by placing it in a cold oven and then turning on the heat to the desired temperature.

3. Can I use my old unglazed stone baker in the microwave with DCB recipes?

No, you should not use your old unglazed stone baker in the microwave with DCB recipes. Unglazed stone bakers are not microwave-safe and may crack or break if used in the microwave. Instead, you can use the DCB in the microwave for recipes that call for it.

4. How do I clean my old unglazed stone baker when using it with DCB recipes?

You can clean your old unglazed stone baker by handwashing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils on the surface as it can damage the stone. For tougher stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to gently scrub the surface. Rinse well and dry before storing.

5. Can I use my old unglazed stone baker with acidic ingredients in DCB recipes?

Yes, you can use acidic ingredients in your old unglazed stone baker with DCB recipes. However, prolonged exposure to acidic ingredients may cause the stone to break down over time. It is recommended to avoid using acidic ingredients in your unglazed stone baker frequently and to avoid leaving acidic foods in the dish for extended periods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
nikked
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies