• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Difference in Deep Covered Bakers

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker is a stoneware baking dish that evenly distributes heat and retains moisture while cooking, resulting in tender and juicy dishes. It is safe to use in the oven, microwave, and freezer. The steam vent on the lid allows excess steam to escape, preventing food from becoming soggy or overcooked. It can also be used for recipes that require browning or broiling by removing the lid. Cleaning is easy as it is dishwasher safe, but hand washing with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge is also an option to prevent scratches.
Maragib
I know that our stones are hand made so no two are going to come out the same, BUT I just recieved my replacement Deep Covered Baker and it seems very different from my old one. I bought that one in 2007. My old base can fit inside of my new one! The new base seems more rectangle with sharper edges. When I try to fit the lid on it shifts from side to side and up and down, and doesn't cover to the edges of the base. My new lid fits great on my old base. Anyone else notice anything different?
Mara

YEP!!!! Exactly the same thing! Don't worry about the lid not fitting perfectly, though. Mine still works fine, and isn't a problem when I'm transporting it filled with food. I hope to get the padded envelope soon, but for now I use one of the reusable bags.

That was more information than you needed, isn't it?

Hi Mara,Thank you for reaching out. Our stoneware is handcrafted, so there may be slight variations in shape and size. However, if you feel that your new Deep Covered Baker is significantly different from your old one, please contact our Customer Care team at 1-888-OUR-CHEF (1-888-687-2433) and they will be happy to assist you with a replacement or exchange. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for being a loyal customer and we hope you continue to enjoy cooking with our stoneware. Best,

What is the difference between the Deep Covered Baker and other baking dishes?

The Deep Covered Baker is made from stoneware, which helps to evenly distribute heat and retain moisture while cooking. This results in tender, juicy dishes every time.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the oven?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in the oven up to 450°F (230°C). It is also microwave and freezer safe.

How does the steam vent work on the Deep Covered Baker?

The steam vent on the lid of the Deep Covered Baker allows excess steam to escape while cooking, preventing food from becoming soggy or overcooked.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker for recipes that require browning or broiling?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker can be used for recipes that require browning or broiling. Simply remove the lid and place the dish back in the oven to achieve a crispy finish.

What is the cleaning process for the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe, making clean up a breeze. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware to prevent scratches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sjspchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • kam