• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking in the RCB: Love this Recipe in the Deep Covered Baker

In summary, this recipe is amazing and very simple to follow. You will need to grease the Deep Covered Baker and the bowl that you will let the bread rise in. You will also need to combine 4 cups of flour, the yeast, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the hot water and three minutes with a mixer (or 100 stokes by hand). Add the remaining flour (I've never needed to add more than 1 cup) until the dough is no longer sticky. Knead the dough for 8 minutes on a floured surface, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking. Place the dough in the greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let rise 15 minutes. Remove dough to floured
higoobs
Gold Member
Love this recipe in the deep covered baker. Now I would like to know if it can be done in the RCB. Is there a change in temp or cooking time????

What recipe is this? Sounds interesting. :)

don't know if it's the same recipe as the OP, but this is what I do. SO GOOD! Have no idea about an RCB version though... it's sooooo good, and lasts for several days, just make a large loaf and eat away lol

Ingredients:

5-6 cups all-purpose flour (you can substitute whole wheat flour for 1 or 2 cups)
2 tablespoons dry yeast (regular, NOT rapid rise, yeast)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups hot water (120° to 130°) Note: water temperature is critcial to proper yeast activation

Directions:

1. Grease the Deep Covered Baker and the bowl that you'll let the bread rise in. Set aside.

2. Combine 4 cups of the flour, the yeast, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the hot water and three minutes with a mixer (or 100 stokes by hand). Add the remaining flour (I've never needed to add more than 1 cup) until the dough is no longer sticky. Knead the dough for 8 minutes on a floured surface, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.

3. Place the dough in the greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let rise 15 minutes. Remove dough to floured surface, punch or fold down (3 minutes should do it) and shape into a large loaf. Place the dough in deep covered baker.

Cut a slit about 1/2 inch deep along the top of the loaf and several small slits on either side of the first slit. It will look a little like a branch with leaves when you are done.

4. Put the lid on the baker and place in a COLD oven. Turn oven to 400° and bake for 50 minutes. Remove from overn, uncover, gasp in amazement, remove loaf from baker to cool on a rack.

1. What is the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is a kitchenware product from Pampered Chef that is specifically designed for cooking a variety of dishes in the oven.

2. How do I cook in the Deep Covered Baker?

To cook in the Deep Covered Baker, simply place the ingredients in the baker, cover it, and put it in the oven according to the recipe instructions.

3. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker for all types of recipes?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker can be used for a wide range of recipes, including meats, vegetables, casseroles, and even desserts.

4. Do I need to use oil or cooking spray in the Deep Covered Baker?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is made with a non-stick surface, so there is no need to use oil or cooking spray before cooking.

5. How do I clean the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to preserve its non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allergycooker
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
janice moore
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ChefDi