• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show - Participants and Results

In summary, you can win a free 8" Executive Skillet, and 60% off one piece of unglazed stoneware or the Deep Covered Baker if you collect $100 in orders from friends, family, or at work.
Bren706 said:
Hi Joy! It is nice to "see" you. I had been wondering how you were doing.

1. I don't think it is too late. Especially since you have the entire month of November.
2. Nov. 21st is not too late. We have the entire month of November to submit shows for the Sell-a-thon.
3. I think you could send the e-mail out to everyone, and then follow up with phone calls if you don't get a response in a day or two.
4. Congratulations and best wishes for the upcoming birth of your second baby girl!

Thanks! It's good to be back! I can't believe how life got in the way of my PC business...morning sickness (well, all day sickness), followed by my grandfather, grandmother...and then lack of motivation, I guess. But, I'm glad to be back and hope to begin to "catch up" with everyone and with PC! Even though it's an odd time to try to catch up, with a new baby due anytime from 4-7 weeks (my doc thinks I'll deliver no later than my 38th week).

Thank you for the responses. I'm going to craft my email, probably post it here to see what you guys think, and then send it on out today or tomorrow at the latest. Then I've got the weekend to make phone calls to get my participants.

I've already got one - my mom. She was planning on doing some Christmas shopping through me anyway, and said to go ahead and add her to the mystery host show, b/c she thought it sounded like a great idea. So...yippee! 1 down, 9 to go! :p

Okay, here's what I've sent out. I've just finished sending about 25-30 invites and we'll see what happens and I'll go from there. I figure I can make some calls on Thursday and then the rest on Sat/Sun. Hopefully I can fill this up and make it great!!! :)

Dear Past Host or Guest of a Pampered Chef cooking show:

I have some huge goals in November! One is to earn the new spring products that will be available in March ’09 and the second is to end November with a bang before the birth of our second baby girl in December. So - I need your help!! (and you will be well rewarded for helping me out!)

I am asking for 10 volunteers to participate in my $1000 Mystery Host show!

If you would love to earn some free and discounted products for yourself, or for Christmas gifts, but don’t have time to host a cooking show, then this is your chance to join in on all the fun!! (Of course, if you want to host a cooking show, feel free to call and schedule!)

Here is the scoop - I need 10 people willing to collect just $100 in orders (10 x $100 = $1000!) - you can do this by passing around a catalog at work, or in your neighborhood, at ballgames, family gatherings, and I can also set you up to send out an announcement online to friends and family.

I will collect all the orders from the 10, compile and tally them, and at a special “party” just for participants (with food, fun, and prize drawings) I will draw names from the 10 participants for the Show Host Benefits.

Here is what they will look like:

1 Participant will win $100 in FREE Product!
1 Participant will receive $60 in FREE Product!
2 Participants will receive $25 in FREE Product, plus a Festive Holiday Desserts Recipe Collection Book!
2 Participants will receive 60% off either the Deep Covered Baker, or the Unglazed Stone of their choice!
4 Participants will receive 50% off ANY ONE product of their choice (including cookware sets, or any other product in the catalog!)
PLUS – each participant will receive 50% off one piece of unglazed stoneware AND 30% off ANYTHING ELSE you order!
2 Participants will be chosen as the "Hosts" of the Show, and will receive 10% off anything they purchase for a full year following the show, plus they will receive the option of 60% off the host bonus from all shows booked from the Mystery Host Show! (drawing for this)

I will also have a special drawing for the following products:
Regtangle Stone
Stackable Cooling Rack
Classic Batter Bowl
Various other pantry items and kitchen tools

All participants will be entered into this special drawing. Gather $150 in orders and you will receive an extra chance in this drawing - plus another chance for each additional $50 collected. Secure a booking (or book your own show!) and you will also receive two extra chances for each booking!

Respond by November 2nd, and receive a FREE Season's Best Cookbook.
I need to hear soon, so that I can get your Show Information to you ASAP!

I need all orders turned in by November 20th (any turned in later will not be able to be counted as part of the show - sorry!) The special “party” for participants with food, fun, and prize drawings will be held on Friday, November 21st from 6-8:00pm.

All orders will be shipped to me, and I will sort, pack, and label your orders for you & deliver them to you, or we can arrange a time for you to pick the order up.

First 10 To Respond will fill the open spots!

Come On! Be Part of the FUN and get some FREE and DISCOUNTED Gifts for yourself and to give to others!! (and I will greatly appreciate your assistance!)

Thanks,
your Pampered Chef Consultant,

email:

phone:

The Fine Print:

The Mystery Host event works only when at least 10 people collect $100 in orders, before tax and shipping. If show sales are below $1000, the prizes will be based upon the subsequent show level.

Okay...I'm sorry I keep posting, but I came to the thread late and have some questions!

Good news - I already have 4 participating and I just sent out the emails yesterday evening and night! :sing: Now I need to get the packets together and to them so they can start collecting those orders! Are you just giving them typical catalog show packets? Are you adding anything special relating to the holidays, ie gift ideas, stocking stuffers, etc? Any suggestions on things I can add???

I'm hoping that I can fill all 10 spots in the next 2 days, and maybe even start a second show after that. How great would that be??? :love:

Well, I just sent out my flyers as well. Got a late start due to life getting in the way. I already have 3 participants and just sent out the email an hour or so ago.

My question is about the packet too, does anyone have a document that they included in the host packets? Not sure what other information they will need in addition to the flyer and cover letter (tweaked from Becky D's)??

TIA to any help that is offered!!

I am up to 4 people. I need to get on the phone and find 6 more, but I am trying to get over strep throat. Gotta get better then get on the phone!

pampcheflisa said:
Well, I just sent out my flyers as well. Got a late start due to life getting in the way. I already have 3 participants and just sent out the email an hour or so ago.

My question is about the packet too, does anyone have a document that they included in the host packets? Not sure what other information they will need in addition to the flyer and cover letter (tweaked from Becky D's)??

TIA to any help that is offered!!

I included a stocking stuffers flyer (one for each catty), a gift ideas flyer (again, one for each catty), the Nov. guest special, 101 ways to use stoneware, 10 reasons to buy stoneware, my invite/flyer (with pertanent things highlighted), and a host cover letter. I'm not on the computer with my files, but if you want, I can post them later. Of course, I also included OOFs...

ChefJoyJ said:
I included a stocking stuffers flyer (one for each catty), a gift ideas flyer (again, one for each catty), the Nov. guest special, 101 ways to use stoneware, 10 reasons to buy stoneware, my invite/flyer (with pertanent things highlighted), and a host cover letter. I'm not on the computer with my files, but if you want, I can post them later. Of course, I also included OOFs...

whatever you could post would be great!! I am putting together my flyers this weekend and want to have them all delivered by Mon/Tues. I just wasn't sure what verbage to use other than the invite flyer/letter I already sent to the participants.

Here ya go! The only file I didn't include was my invite/flyer, b/c I posted the wording on here earlier. I print one out, highlight key parts, and include it in the packet too.

Hope it helps! :)

Attachments

• 101 uses for stoneware.doc
    214.5 KB · Views: 437
  • top ten reasons to buy a stone.doc
    69.5 KB · Views: 365
  • Christmas Gift ideas.doc
    74 KB · Views: 434
  • Need Stocking Stuffers2.doc
    51 KB · Views: 377
  • mystery host letter.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 482
AWESOME!!!
Thanks Joy!!

I am doing one also. I mailed out 15 flyers. So far, I heard from one real excited host. Then she passed the info on to her daughter, who called me immediately to make sure she could be included.

Tomorrow is my craft show and I made a sign "Ask me about my mystery host show" to display. I'm hoping that some of the 15 will be at the craft show and give me a "yes."
Who could pass this up! My concern is that they really never read the flyer. I am taking five host packets along with me. I plan to make calls on Sunday.

pampcheflisa said:
AWESOME!!!
Thanks Joy!!

You're welcome! Glad to help! :)

I'm up to 5, and I still need to make my CCC calls about this to my email list. I ran into someone while trick or treating who wasn't on my email list, b/c I didn't have her email, but has been a customer of mine in the past. Mentioned it to her, and she said she'd love to do it! :)

Ran into someone else who's daughter attends the school I used to teach at, and when I mentioned PC, she told me she loves PC and she wants to schedule a show in Jan (or Feb), but she needs to look at her schedule first.

All from taking my precious little 20 month old butterfly out trick or treating! :D

I received my first order, today, for $55. Only $945 left to go!

Up to 7, plus another January show booked!! :thumbup:

Just a note on the gift flyer -- the prices don't match the catalog. Maybe Canadian? The pizza party set has changed as well.

For the Student:
Small Bar Pan $21.50
Small Micro Cooker $5.50
Pizza Party Set $75.00
(Large Round Stone, Rack, Cookbook, Pizza Cutter in gift box)
Can Strainer $5.00

I have attached mine that I updated off of here.

I also think the photos of the stoneware need to be updated. The unglazed round is no longer available, as well as the medium stone. Not being critical, just letting you know. I know from experience, that the unavailable stuff is the one thing the person wants.

Attachments

• pc Holiday Gift Ideas Flyer_2008[1].doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:
HI All,
I am fairly new to PC and this is the first I have heard of a Mystery Show.... I absolutely love this idea... although, I am a bit puzzled about the breakdown for the winners... how do I list that in P3? and am I listed as the host when entering the show?... sorry for the dumb questions... this is new to me. Thanks

I mailed out 15 flyers. Got two responses from them. And, today I got three more takers at my craft show. I plan to make follow up calls tomorrow to the 13 who didn't reply.

Update again. Up to 9! My nieghbor across the street (like surrogate family) is going to see what she can do...and one of my best friends came over for dinner tonight. I mentioned what I was doing and she wanted in! I'm not hoping for either of them to make more than $100, but I'm psyched I have 2 more...so now I only have 1 more spot open!! :sing:

Well I'm trying this for the first time. Sent out my invite on the 31st of October and have 1 response . I have a few other people so far I met on Thursday who are interested in doing a catalog show. What happens if you don't get 10 people to respond? People in my area are really busy or economy afraid right now.

Should I set this up as a catalog show under "Mystery Host" or should I set it up under each individual hosts name on my website?

I am up to 7 participants! :D I have a couple more to call today!!

Noel: I make each host their own show on my PWS, but then combine them all on PP3. HTH!! :)

Perfect, that's what I'll do. I just had a second response from a Creative Memories Consultant. Whoopie, 8 more to go.

laurichef said:
Just a note on the gift flyer -- the prices don't match the catalog. Maybe Canadian? The pizza party set has changed as well.

Thank you so much for drawing this to my attention. I had borrowed it from someone on here, most likely Canadian, and used it w/o checking prices. Oops!! I read this after I'd distributed 8 packets with the incorrect flyers in it! :eek: Luckily, I was able to catch most of them before they really got into the "selling season". Several already had one or two orders, but they had to look in the catalog for the item number anyway, so they had correct pricing.

Here's my updated flyer as well...

Attachments

• Christmas Gift ideas.doc
    75 KB · Views: 575
I am up to 5 people. Need to find a few more lucky souls!

I have only 3, hopefully I can get my 7 by the end of the day.

Got 7, need to make some calls tomorrow! I'm sure they'll want to hear from me and not some politician for a change.

I just added another mystery host. That's a good thing because a couple haven't responded, yet. I have less than two weeks for the orders to be turned into me. I better get back on the phone to remind everyone to get going! I think I have 9 official and two or three more unofficial.

HI All,
I am fairly new to PC and this is the first I have heard of a Mystery Show.... I absolutely love this idea... although, I am a bit puzzled about the breakdown for the winners... how do I list that in P3? and am I listed as the host when entering the show?... sorry for the dumb questions... this is new to me. Thanks

Need 3 more!!!!!!!!

I have my 10. Now my host coaching...........

Ish said:
HI All,

I am up to 6. Last time I did it with only 7. I will talk about it at my Quarter Auction on Thurs. night. Right now it is so hard for me to talk about this when all I want to do is book for January for the double points and a big jump on Disney.

I got my 10th person!!! :sing: So, as a someone else said...time to start my host coaching!!! :D :D :D

I'm so excited! (can you tell??) :D

I haven't read through all of this thread yet, but wanted to ask:

Mystery Host Catalog Show
10 People each collect 10 orders each month = $1,000 Show with Benefits
Monthly Catalog Show Host Benefits will be divided up.

Does this sound good?
Would this work?

You ladies motivated me back on the 23rd. I'm doing a $500 Mystery Host show. So far, the first 2 have collected $365 in orders!! #3 just got her first order in, but it was small. I haven't gotten any orders yet for #4 or #5. The show is currently at $387.95 so I think we'll at least get to the $500 level but probably more.

VeronicaW said:
I haven't read through all of this thread yet, but wanted to ask:

Mystery Host Catalog Show
10 People each collect 10 orders each month = $1,000 Show with Benefits
Monthly Catalog Show Host Benefits will be divided up.

Does this sound good?
Would this work?
Yes, that is right, and I'm "banking" on it to work.

How often is everyone contacting their hosts for coaching? What kinds of e-mails are you sending or messages are you leaving. I have my 10 and have contacted them all a few times but I don't want them to lose track of our goal. I know a few have sent e-vite through my website but no one has told me anyone has any orders.

I got 11 to participate, and have gotten the orders back from 6 of them so far. Sales are at $907 right now. I have contacted the other 5 by phone to see how they are doing (orders are due to me by the 14th). A couple of the 5 may fall short of the $100 goal, but overall the show is going to be terrific!

We had a $500 goal (5 people) and are up to $417.70 with just 3 of the participants contributing thus far.

I've just been sending e-mails to let them know how good they are doing thus far.

I sent an e-mail to #4 & #5 the other day to see how it was coming. #4 said that she hasn't gotten any orders yet, but that her list is at $100 on stuff that she's wanting, so she's probably going to just submit that as her order. (Not the point, she was supposed to win benefits for working, but if that's what she wants to do I'll let her.) No response yet from #5. I'm thinking she might just drop out at the last minute. The orders are due in a little under 30 hours.

I'm so excited...I sent out my request email on the 4th. Within 15 minutes I had my first participant. 24 hours later, I had a full 10 on board. I'm closing mine on Black Friday, since so many are in the school system and don't get paid until the end of the month.

In addition, I got a cooking show booking for the 22nd and 2 online orders (over $100 each) just for mentioning my HUGE goals!

Thanks for starting this thread!!!

Chefstover2 said:
I'm so excited...I sent out my request email on the 4th. Within 15 minutes I had my first participant. 24 hours later, I had a full 10 on board. I'm closing mine on Black Friday, since so many are in the school system and don't get paid until the end of the month.

In addition, I got a cooking show booking for the 22nd and 2 online orders (over $100 each) just for mentioning my HUGE goals!

Thanks for starting this thread!!!

What did you do to get all 10 in 24 hours from an email? I tried this at the beginning of the month and got absolutely nothing.

I have 7 now. I am just sending out my host packets today (I was waiting on catalogs to come). So, I have pushed my date back to December 1st to close. I thought this way I will let everyone collect orders over Thanksgiving. I am also having everyone bring me their orders on the 1st and letting them sample some of the new recipes and thanking them for collecting orders. We will do the drawing then for the mystery host.

nicki25 said:
I have 7 now. I am just sending out my host packets today (I was waiting on catalogs to come). So, I have pushed my date back to December 1st to close. I thought this way I will let everyone collect orders over Thanksgiving. I am also having everyone bring me their orders on the 1st and letting them sample some of the new recipes and thanking them for collecting orders. We will do the drawing then for the mystery host.

Nicki,

I don't know whether you wanted those sales to count for SAT - if you do make sure and get your show in by November 30th to count. Otherwise it won't count for SAT.

wadesgirl said:
What did you do to get all 10 in 24 hours from an email? I tried this at the beginning of the month and got absolutely nothing.

I'm not exactly sure...I think it's a numbers thing. I sent it to my ENTIRE e-mail list the day before my monthly newsletter (which, as usual, was late)...about 620 names. I used Becky's letter almost verbatim.

I have $387.55 in orders right now. A little less than three full days. I made one call to check in with a host, but we talked for way too long. I need to call a few more tomorrow. I have two hosts finished and talked to one yesterday, too.

I have my first order that came through on my website. I listed each host separate with shipping address as mine. How am I putting the info into Pampered Partner?

I'm up to $557.60 with 4 hosts at or over $100 and one host at $55. That means I'm ahead of the game, which is good because I don't think I'm going to get full participation.

JAE - are you getting your totals during host coaching calls, online orders, or are your hosts already placing their orders with you?? I've sent out emails to my hosts, but haven't heard anything back yet, and DH has been so tired the last few nights I haven't been able to steal away and make my host coaching phone calls (that I so desperately want to do). They all work during the day, so no calling during DD's nap, and tonight he was asleep on the couch when I was ready to go make my phone calls (while he was supposed to be watching/playing with our 20 month old DD :eek:). Poor guy, work has been rough. Maybe tomorrow evening I can make a few calls!

I would love to know where I stand right now, but so far, I'm in the dark... :cry:

I gave them a deadline of November 13 by 7pm. I've made one call to the one who has $55. I talked to one who hasn't turned anything into me yet. She's working on it. I coached her a little bit. I still need to call another one and I just e-mailed one. Officially, I only have 9 hosts, but I'm having a show on November 13. I'll add my orders if I need to do that.

I pretty much "recquired" them to send orders online. I offered that they could call me, but I really stressed how easy it is for everyone if orders are placed online.

My deadline is Nov. 20. I am hoping to be able to call tomorrow and Wed. just to see where everyone is, if they need anything, and brainstorming if they need help. I also plan to let them know they can turn orders in to me earlier, if they want. Next week, Mon or Tues (orders due Thursday), I plan on calling again, getting a head count for my "party", and checking up on them/collecting orders.

I didn't even think about "requiring" online orders. What a good idea.

<h2>1. What is the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?</h2><p>The November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef in which participants have the opportunity to earn $1000 in free products from the catalogue.</p><h2>2. How do I participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?</h2><p>To participate, you will need to contact a Pampered Chef representative who is running the show and sign up to be a participant. You will then receive instructions on how to reach the $3k level for the Show and earn the $1000 in free products.</p><h2>3. When will the results for the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show be announced?</h2><p>The results for the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show will be announced at the end of the month, once all participants have had a chance to submit their orders and reach the $3k level.</p><h2>4. Are there any other requirements for participating in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?</h2><p>In order to participate, you must be a Pampered Chef customer or host and have a valid email address. You must also have a minimum of $150 in sales in the month of November to be eligible for the free products.</p><h2>5. Can I participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show if I am already a consultant with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Yes, consultants are also eligible to participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show. However, they must meet the same requirements as other participants and cannot use their own consultant discount towards their $3k level for the Show.</p>

1. What is the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?

The November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef in which participants have the opportunity to earn $1000 in free products from the catalogue.

2. How do I participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?

To participate, you will need to contact a Pampered Chef representative who is running the show and sign up to be a participant. You will then receive instructions on how to reach the $3k level for the Show and earn the $1000 in free products.

3. When will the results for the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show be announced?

The results for the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show will be announced at the end of the month, once all participants have had a chance to submit their orders and reach the $3k level.

4. Are there any other requirements for participating in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?

In order to participate, you must be a Pampered Chef customer or host and have a valid email address. You must also have a minimum of $150 in sales in the month of November to be eligible for the free products.

5. Can I participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show if I am already a consultant with Pampered Chef?

Yes, consultants are also eligible to participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show. However, they must meet the same requirements as other participants and cannot use their own consultant discount towards their $3k level for the Show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Christ Follower
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • PampMomof3