• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show - Participants and Results

In summary, you can win a free 8" Executive Skillet, and 60% off one piece of unglazed stoneware or the Deep Covered Baker if you collect $100 in orders from friends, family, or at work.
Bren706
Gold Member
I have just sent out my first batch of e-mails looking for participants for my November Mystery Catty show. I am hoping to reach the $3k level for the SAT.

Anybody else doing the Mystery $1000 Catalog show for November? There were some great threads for June and July. I thought I would start one for November.

I'm doing it!!
I haven't gotten my letters out yet. I have been swamped at my f/t job. I just need to adjust a flyer and mail them. I want to run it through 11/1-11/15. I already have 3 people who have verbally committed, so I just need to get on the ball!!!

I am also running mine through the 15th. (My deadline for hosts to submit their orders is the 13th). I also have 2-3 people that are interested already. (When talking to them about hosting a show and they weren't interested in the kitchen show, I offered the mystery catty show).

My SIL also just responded to my e-mail. She is going to see what she can do to collect some orders. She is in CT (and I am in NC), but I may include her orders, and then pay for the shipping to send the orders to her.

I am attempting. I sent out an email on Sunday but no response yet.

Would you ladies care to share your announcement that you sent out? I am not thrilled with the ones recently posted. Thank you,

Here is what I am sending:

I have some HUGE goals in November (one is to earn all of the New Spring products that will be available in March ‘09, and second is to help a LOT of people outfit their kitchens! However, because of a few booth events, family commitments, vacation, and the Thanksgiving Holiday, I'm having difficulties filling my cooking show dates.... So - I need your help! (and you will be well rewarded for helping me out!)

I am asking for 10 volunteers to participate in my $1000 Mystery Host Show!

Here is the scoop - I need 10 people willing to collect just $100 in orders (10 x $100 = $1000!) - you can do this by passing around a catalog at work, or in your neighborhood, at ballgames, family gatherings, and I can also set you up to send out an announcement online to friends and family.

I will collect all the orders from the 10, compile and tally them, and then draw names from the 10 participants for the Show Host Benefits.

Here is what that will look like:

10 people collect $100 in orders -

One Person will win $100 in FREE Product
One Person will win $60 in FREE Product
Three People will win $25 in FREE Product plus a Festive Holiday Desserts Recipe Collection Book
One Person will win A FREE 8" Executive Skillet, plus 60% off one piece of unglazed Stoneware or the Deep Covered Baker
Four People will win 50% off ANY ONE product of their choice (including cookware sets, or any other product in the catalog!)

PLUS - each participant will receive 50% off one piece of unglazed stoneware, AND 30% off ANYTHING ELSE you order! AND a FREE gift from me,

Gather $150 in orders and you will receive an extra chance in the drawing.
Secure a booking (or book your own show!) and you will also receive two extra chances. For every lead you pass along to me for someone who may be interested in the business opportunity you will also receive two chances.

Respond by October 25th, and receive a FREE Season's Best Cookbook! I need to hear soon, so that I can get your Show Information to you ASAP!

I need all orders turned in by November 13th (any turned in later will not be able to be counted as part of the show - sorry!)

All orders will be shipped to me, and I will sort, pack, and label your orders for you & deliver them to you.

First 10 To Respond will fill the open spots!

Come On! Be Part of the FUN! (and I will greatly appreciate your assistance!)

The fine print:
o The Mystery Host event works only when at least 10 people collect $100 in orders from third parties, before tax and shipping. If show sales are below $100, the prizes will be based upon the subsequent show level.
o Orders will be delivered to my house and I will separate them according to hosts. I will also designate dates and times for pickup/delivery. Orders from customer placed out of area/state will be subject to extra shipping and handling charges. If you are a host from out of area/state, and either win or place an order with your host benefits, I will pay for your shipping on that order!
· This offer does not apply to those that have a cooking show scheduled with me already.

I am doing it and have 5 so far.

Attachments

• November Mystery Host.doc
    188 KB · Views: 664
I'm doing it. I sent my email out on Monday....I have 2 interested so far.

krzymomof4 said:
I am doing it and have 5 so far.

Great flyer! Can I borrow it to use for my Mystery Show??

CABean03 said:
Great flyer! Can I borrow it to use for my Mystery Show??

I borrowed it and tweeked it...so feel free!

I am doing this as well - made my flyer up a few weeks ago. I will send out an email out the beginnning of November and followup with another email plus phone calls around the 15th.

It will turn out good. :)

Looks good! I may use this if I don't get any more Cooking Shows booked! I'm surprised it has been harder with the great Stoneware Special! I have a few dragging their feet about having even a catty show!

I was talking to my neighbor/friend this evening, and she wants in! Wahoo!

Thank you for sharing Leslie. It looks great:)

May I ask how you picked the dates? I am having my second and third shows this weekend and so I don't have a lot of contacts yet besides my friends and family (who have already gone above and beyond!). But I'm thinking that if I don't get some bookings off these two shows, I will at least have some contacts to do a catalog show as a last resort. So are these dates set in stone(ware...ha ha!) like from home office or did you pretty much just decide which dates looked best for you?

Thanks!

Just when I thought my November was shaping up just fine, another great idea comes along. Thanks for posting....I am going to send this and see what happens.

I am doing it and have 5 so far. I also am having everyone turn in by the 13th so I can submit it by the 15th.

My show schedule is not looking as good as it was last year so I am really hoping this fills in the gaps a bit. I did this in June and got $1300 in sales from it.

mylilchunkymonkey said:
May I ask how you picked the dates? I am having my second and third shows this weekend and so I don't have a lot of contacts yet besides my friends and family (who have already gone above and beyond!). But I'm thinking that if I don't get some bookings off these two shows, I will at least have some contacts to do a catalog show as a last resort. So are these dates set in stone(ware...ha ha!) like from home office or did you pretty much just decide which dates looked best for you?

Thanks!

I picked November dates for the sell-a-thon and Stoneware promotions. I chose the deadline of November 13th, so that I can submit no later than the 15th, so I could have a decent first half of the month. You can choose the dates that work best for you.

Hey! That was my flyer from June! Good to see that it can still be used.

Funny thing is, my goal today was to get something made for November...but DUH! I'll just tweak and recycle that one!

Okay - so today, I hope to get something sent out to people via Email about this, and get host packets made up for it. Then, I think I will also have it go through the 13th, to be closed by the 15th. Helps me get a great jump on SAT, and then, everyone will have their product by Thanksgiving!

I'm excited to do this again - several of the people who participated in June said they'd like to do it again in November...so this should be fun!

I am breaking the groups down to sets of 5 "hosts" next month. The reason for this, of course, is because the $500 mark is where the second piece of stone comes in. By doing this I can put all of the host rewards into a drawing and all 5 "hosts" get either the $75, a 1/2 price item or 60% of a Stone. Then everyone gets the 25% off discount on any additional purchases.
It's just better, I think, because EVERYONE wins big. I've had a lot of interest and have already had a few sign up!! Also, I am encouraging those who would like to gather some orders to find 4 friends to help them gather the $500 ($100 each, of course) and this just sounds more doable to them. Of course, I give them the option of finding 9 friends to join them and will submit that as 2 shows so that everyone wins (4 60 % off Stones to give away instead of 2)!!
I am telling those who sign up as "team leader" (they recruit their friends and I don't have to) that as an extra reward for them, they get to choose their reward and the rest will be placed in a drawing, for the other 4 "hosts", and the "team leader" get the 10% for a year!!
Some of you may already be doing this. I didn't pull up the flyers.

jillbean said:
I am breaking the groups down to sets of 5 "hosts" next month. The reason for this, of course, is because the $500 mark is where the second piece of stone comes in. By doing this I can put all of the host rewards into a drawing and all 5 "hosts" get either the $75, a 1/2 price item or 60% of a Stone. Then everyone gets the 25% off discount on any additional purchases.
It's just better, I think, because EVERYONE wins big. I've had a lot of interest and have already had a few sign up!! Also, I am encouraging those who would like to gather some orders to find 4 friends to help them gather the $500 ($100 each, of course) and this just sounds more doable to them. Of course, I give them the option of finding 9 friends to join them and will submit that as 2 shows so that everyone wins (4 60 % off Stones to give away instead of 2)!!
I am telling those who sign up as "team leader" (they recruit their friends and I don't have to) that as an extra reward for them, they get to choose their reward and the rest will be placed in a drawing, for the other 4 "hosts", and the "team leader" get the 10% for a year!!
Some of you may already be doing this. I didn't pull up the flyers.

Jillbean, love this! Any chance you can post your flier/e-mail wording?

Here ya go hope it works for you!!

Attachments

• 5 x 100.doc
    4.4 KB · Views: 515
I have begun to send out my emails to my past hosts and customers. I had a great turnout when I did this in July so I am hoping for another great sale.

jillbean said:
Here ya go hope it works for you!!

I L:love:VE this idea Jill and I love the wording in your flyer~~~~gonna have to try this and see what response I get!

Sounds like a great opportunity to boost my SAT sales next month!

I do have questions about how the orders are placed, how do you split host benefits?

I like the idea of only 5 participants. I think people will think they get a better deal with less participants. Thanks for the flyer.

jkinak said:
Sounds like a great opportunity to boost my SAT sales next month!

I do have questions about how the orders are placed, how do you split host benefits?

Host Benifits with $500 are:
$75 Free
2- 60% Stoneware Discounts
2- 50% off items

Each "host" receives one of these 5 Rewards All personal orders go under the "team leaders" name and, therefore, are 25% off. This would mean that if something needed to be returned that it would have to go through the "team leader" but that is explained. I have done this before and no one seemed have a problem with it.
Of course, the "team leader" gets the 10% off for a year. And they get to pick there prize and the 4 they do not choose go in a hat and we draw out a prize of the other "hosts"

Okay - I took the Email I sent in June, and revised it, and this is what I sent to about 75 people. It was prettier in the email that I sent...but that doesn't copy to here.
I'll give it the weekend, and if I don't have my 10, I'll start calling people on Monday.

I am willing to give up a bit of commission for this one - and all of the products I am drawing for I already have on hand.

$1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show

The Holiday Version!

It's Back! Some of you participated in the June Mystery Host Catalog Show - and reaped HUGE rewards!
If you would love to earn some free and discounted products for yourself or for Christmas Gifts - But don't have time to host a Cooking Show, Then this is your chance to join in on all the fun!
So - I need your help! (and you will be well rewarded for helping me out!)

I am asking for 10 volunteers to participate in my $1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show!

Here is the scoop - I need 10 people willing to collect just $100 in orders (10
x $100 = $1000!) - you can do this by passing around a catalog at work, or in
your neighborhood, at ballgames, family gatherings, children's teachers, clubs and organizations you belong to,
and I can also set you up to
send out an announcement online to friends and family.

I will collect all the orders from the 10, compile and tally them, and then draw
names from the 10 participants for the Show Host Benefits.

Here is what that will look like:

10 people collect $100 in orders -

All Participants who collect $100 in orders will receive at least $25 in Free Product
1 Participant will receive $50 in Free Product! (Drawing for this)
6 Participants will receive 60% off either the Deep Covered Baker, or the Unglazed Stone of their choice (drawing for this)
All Participants will receive 45% off Unglazed Stoneware - NO LIMIT!
All Participants will receive 30% off Everything Else they order - NO LIMIT!
2 Participants will be chosen as the "Hosts" of the Show, and will receive 10% off anything they purchase for a full year following the show, plus they will receive the option of 60% off the host bonus from all shows booked from the Mystery Host Show! (drawing for this)
I will also be drawing for the following products:
8" Executive Saute Pan
Ultimate Mandoline
Mini Loaf Stone
Simple Additions White Platter
Mini Muffin Pan w/ tart shaper
Various Kitchen Tools
(something free for everyone!)

PLUS - each participant will receive a FREE gift from me - the NEW Festive Holiday Desserts Cookbook! This cookbook has been the most talked about new product at my shows - and it will be yours for free just in time for Holiday Baking and gift giving! It's absolutely beautiful, and many of the incredibly delicious recipes can be made in under 30 minutes!

*Gather $150 in orders and you will receive an extra chance in the drawing - plus another chance for each additional $50 collected.

*Secure a booking (or book your own show!) and you will also receive an extra
chance for each booking!

*Respond by October 27th, and receive a FREE Season's Best Cookbook.
I need to hear soon, so that I can get your Show Information to you ASAP!

*All Host Packets with instructions will be delivered to you by November 1st.

*I need all orders turned in by November 13th (any turned in later will not be able
to be counted as part of the show - sorry!)

*All Participant orders need to be placed by November 15th.

*All orders will be shipped to me, and I will sort, pack, and label your orders for you & deliver them to you before Thanksgiving!

*First 10 To Respond will fill the open spots!

Come On! Be Part of the FUN and get some FREE and DISCOUNTED Gifts for yourself and to give to others!! (and I will greatly appreciate your assistance!)

Thanks,

that looks really good becky~I think I am going to tweek the 5 person one to include the drawing idea in order to get bookings! I will let ya'll know what I come up with!

I have sent it out to about 100 people so far and I have 1 yes. I am still working my way through my contact list. I have about 400 people on my list to send it to. Only 9 more to go!!!

I added 4 more participants today. 3 were guests at the 2 cooking shows I had today. (Offered the mystery show after they turned down the option of a cooking show). The 4th was in response to my e-mail. It is my stepson's mother, who is out of state. I am not sure how to handle that now, as I have 2 out of state participants (the other one is my SIL).

I'm doing this also, but need to get on the phone. I only have 1 so far. I'm letting mine go until after turkey day though; in case people want to hit up their family members.

I hadn't thought about hitting up family at Thankgiving. I may need to move the cut off date. It's just that I want it in by the last day of November and I don't usually work on Sundays. I guess I could do it on Saturday though.
That's a BIG weekend for me! I have two family dinners on Thanksgiving Day, Shopping the day after Thanksgiving and then we deliver supper to the Ronald McDonald House and head home to put up our tree (we only do the tree itself, lightson the tree and three ornaments...one for each kid) and then we get up early on Saturday to finish the tree and our other Christmas decorations!

Hey everyone, I read this idea and excitedly emailed my director about it, asking if she'd ever tried it before. Her response surprised me, but I felt like I should share it with you guys. She's been in the company for 19 years, so she's seen and heard a lot of things come down from Home Office. Here was her reply:

"This is an idea that went around a few years ago. In fact, I even tried it once. However, once the home office heard about what was going around the country, they labeled it as cheating and did not sanction this type of combined show. Their reasoning was because these $100 hostesses did not earn those types of benefits and it was not fair to those $1,000 hostesses who worked hard to do so. They also said that it was expensive for the company and that it did not go along with company policy or the host program since even a dual hostess catalog party is not accepted."

I know no one is trying to "cheat", but I also know that knowing this information may affect whether or not some of you choose to use this method. It's always good to be informed!

Not sure how this can be labeled cheating. Its the same as if you hosted your own open house had 10 guest and they each ordered 100.00 worth of products. Except instead of keeping the benefits for yourself you decided to give them out to your guest. Also not how is it is costing home office anymore, they are still receiving 1000.00 order and shipping it to one host to distribute. I think this is a great idea just I personally haven't tried it yet.

jfaith13 said:
Hey everyone, I read this idea and excitedly emailed my director about it, asking if she'd ever tried it before. Her response surprised me, but I felt like I should share it with you guys. She's been in the company for 19 years, so she's seen and heard a lot of things come down from Home Office. Here was her reply:

"This is an idea that went around a few years ago. In fact, I even tried it once. However, once the home office heard about what was going around the country, they labeled it as cheating and did not sanction this type of combined show. Their reasoning was because these $100 hostesses did not earn those types of benefits and it was not fair to those $1,000 hostesses who worked hard to do so. They also said that it was expensive for the company and that it did not go along with company policy or the host program since even a dual hostess catalog party is not accepted."

I know no one is trying to "cheat", but I also know that knowing this information may affect whether or not some of you choose to use this method. It's always good to be informed!
I don't understand why it's expensive for the company. I have an incentive for the hosts for the number of orders, too, not just total. I'm doing that to avoid combining orders so people are paying their own shipping. I'm not giving anyone all the host benefits. They are earning them.

Really, I'm doing most of the work and choosing to give the host benefits away. It's like inviting 25 people to a show and they all bring friends and/or orders that I didn't get myself. I'm sure someone else can provide some more insight into this.

BTW, I have 6 "yes" responses and while I was making my calls, I gained 3 separate catalog shows and few "yes" responses to my actual cooking show. I need to get back on the phone and get more people involved.

The way I am doing it is that there is one real Host. He or She is the one that is charge of all the orders. If the host decideds to gather all $500 orders then that's what they do. If they choose to get friends to help he/she shares in the weath. How many shows have you had where one of the guests have said "Can I take a catalog with me? I think my _______ would like to order something?"
I don't see the difference.

jfaith13 said:

I'm not sure what your director was doing - and what I am doing are the same thing. I got the idea first from my director - who has been with PC for almost 14 years.

The way that I do is basically a Consultant-hosted party. All orders come to me, and are separated and packed and then given to my 10 "hosts". Every order is charged it's own shipping. I'm sure there are orders here and there that are combined, but there are on any show - you can't stop some people from doing that. When I did it in June, each host had an avg. of about 6 orders they turned in - some more, a couple less. This would be the same as having a show, and then the people who order passing along a catalog to some other people to gather a few more orders. Don't we love it when guests at shows do that for their host?
Then, instead of taking the host benefits for myself - I take those very same host benefits and divide them up between the "hosts" of the show. I'm not costing the company any more money than any other show. I'm making money. People who would never want the responsibility of hosting a show on their own will participate in this type of show.

I guess I'm just confused as to how this would be frowned on. I am pretty much a stickler for rules myself....so all I can think is that the way she presented it to HO was a different type of plan than what I do.

Well said Becky, & I agree.

Up to 8...Woo Hoo

I've decided to give this a try, too. I borrowed and tweaked some of the letters and flyers from this thread (thank you) and sent out some emails yesterday and today. Have one "yes" from the emails so far. Then I took 4 Mystery Host Packets to a family cookout tonight, and got 3 definite "yes" and 1 "maybe". So I've got 4, and possibly 5 already! I also sent out about 24 snail-mailed flyers today, for people I really wanted to offer this to, but didn't have an email addy for. Those will hit their mailboxes on Monday, and I'll start making some phone calls to them on Tues.

I think I'd like to do this, but I have an idea that I'd like to run pass everyone.

I was already planning to host my own cooking show on 11/15. I'm inviting everyone I know and calling it "The Holiday Preview Show" (gift ideas and entertaining focused). What if I did the $1000 mystery host, collected the orders at the show, and then put on a show for my "hosts" to entice them to book actual shows and give them ideas on ways to spend their rewards?

Thoughts?

okay...Got my 10!!!
Now let's see if they come up with their orders. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I have 9 people signed up to do this. I have a question about the technicalities of this. I know that everyone will end up getting 30% off of anything that they personally order after they have turned their orders in. How do you take payments for these various orders? Do you just have all of the hosts write you out checks and then use your TPC Debit or Credit card or is there a way that you can charge various amounts to their credit and debit cards? I hope that makes some sense to someone. I just know that once the benefits are divided up they will still go in as one Host order in the end.

Hi Everyone,

I am having my first open house on November 7th and I am in desperate need of a great flyer to put in my mailroom.

Thank you. I really appreciate any help.

if you go to files and put in open house there should be some that come up.

I think this sounds like a fantastic idea and just what I need right now! I've been kinda submitting just enough every 2 months to stay active since March, b/c my grandfather was diagnosed with cancer (subsequent surgery removed some of it) and then my grandmother (his wife) had a slow multi system organ failure due to congestive heart failure. My DH, DD, and I spent every weekend from late May until Aug (when she passed) going to where my family lives to visit her. After that, life got in the way, know what I mean? I'm also pregnant, due in early Dec., and would love to remind my old customers about me, get some bookings for Jan/Feb, and get in a good show before she comes. I've missed PC and would love to get back in the game (only to leave for a bit...:rolleyes:), but hopefully set up a few shows for when I come back to PC after she is born...

A few questions...
1. Is it too late to send out the email/snail mail? I would take tomorrow and possibly Wed. to craft and finalize it and get it in the mail...
2. Do you think Nov. 21 is too late for a deadline? Then I could offer a party Saturday for all the hosts, with food, Christmas gift ideas, opportunities for booking, etc...where I would draw the winners of each prize. I would do it later, but that's the weekend before Thanksgiving (and the weekend I start my 37th week, also known as full term :eek:)
3. Since I've been so MIA, should I forgo the email/snail mail and just call everyone? That way, I connect personally with all my old hosts/guests and I also can offer opportunity for ind. catty shows or early Nov. cooking shows...I would offer Dec., but I don't trust I won't deliver the week of Thanksgiving
4. I would love some advice or suggestions from everyone. :blushing: :)

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Joy! It is nice to "see" you. I had been wondering how you were doing.

1. I don't think it is too late. Especially since you have the entire month of November.
2. Nov. 21st is not too late. We have the entire month of November to submit shows for the Sell-a-thon.
3. I think you could send the e-mail out to everyone, and then follow up with phone calls if you don't get a response in a day or two.
4. Congratulations and best wishes for the upcoming birth of your second baby girl!

I sent out my email last night, looking for participant volunteers by the 3rd and orders in by the 21st. Already have 4 volunteers, I don't want to turn anyone away from it, so what do you do with over 10 participants?

Just read through, love the idea of the open house to conclude the show.....I'm doing it! I'm going to do a pool that night, and Deal or No Deal. Love this site!

<h2>1. What is the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?</h2><p>The November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef in which participants have the opportunity to earn $1000 in free products from the catalogue.</p><h2>2. How do I participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?</h2><p>To participate, you will need to contact a Pampered Chef representative who is running the show and sign up to be a participant. You will then receive instructions on how to reach the $3k level for the Show and earn the $1000 in free products.</p><h2>3. When will the results for the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show be announced?</h2><p>The results for the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show will be announced at the end of the month, once all participants have had a chance to submit their orders and reach the $3k level.</p><h2>4. Are there any other requirements for participating in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?</h2><p>In order to participate, you must be a Pampered Chef customer or host and have a valid email address. You must also have a minimum of $150 in sales in the month of November to be eligible for the free products.</p><h2>5. Can I participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show if I am already a consultant with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Yes, consultants are also eligible to participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show. However, they must meet the same requirements as other participants and cannot use their own consultant discount towards their $3k level for the Show.</p>

1. What is the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?

The November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef in which participants have the opportunity to earn $1000 in free products from the catalogue.

2. How do I participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?

To participate, you will need to contact a Pampered Chef representative who is running the show and sign up to be a participant. You will then receive instructions on how to reach the $3k level for the Show and earn the $1000 in free products.

3. When will the results for the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show be announced?

The results for the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show will be announced at the end of the month, once all participants have had a chance to submit their orders and reach the $3k level.

4. Are there any other requirements for participating in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show?

In order to participate, you must be a Pampered Chef customer or host and have a valid email address. You must also have a minimum of $150 in sales in the month of November to be eligible for the free products.

5. Can I participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show if I am already a consultant with Pampered Chef?

Yes, consultants are also eligible to participate in the November Mystery $1000 Catalog Show. However, they must meet the same requirements as other participants and cannot use their own consultant discount towards their $3k level for the Show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Christ Follower
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • PampMomof3