• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hi-Ho...hi-Ho...it's off to Work I Go..♪♫♪

In summary, KitchenDiva is starting her new job and will miss her online friends. She is looking forward to chatting with them later and thanks them for supporting her through the past few months. She also shares some updates on her appearance and her husband cooking dinner. Other members send her well wishes and ask for updates on her first day.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Well Cheffers, this is it- I'm putting on my big girl pants and going off to my new job this morning.

I will surely miss all you you today and can't wait to come home and chat with you again!

In case any of you were worried, my hair turned out fabulous and my outfit is adorable and I look marvelous. Praise the Lord I'm even humble, too! ;) LOL!

Thanks for supporting me through the craziness of the past 4 months and for being with me every step of the way. For sharing in my joys, my sadness and my frustrations and in my good news!

You will all be in my thoughts today and I hope you have a super-fabulous day!

Pampered Linda, I hope your laptop can be resusitated! (sp?)
Merego- have a great vacation
Dor- it's a 5 thing, that's all I got! LOL
Mama Rae and Miss Diane (quiverfull) thanks for being my motherly influence through all of this-
And all my "what's for dinner" homies- have a great day, and I'll talk to you tonight!

BTW- DH is making supper tonight! WOW- he told me he'd forgotten how to cook so hopefully he can't screw up pork chops too bad!!

You go girl! Have a great 1st day at work...and pray for me as we start day 1 of summer vacation! Hoping both kids don't kill each other OR cause me to drink too much!

Have a great day at the office!

Paraphrasing my DH as the kids would be leaving for school: "Have fun at work!" (They always hated that - fun at school?)

Have a great day with your new Adventure!

I'll miss all of you! :(

You have a great day, too!!!

Becky- I subscribed to Gourmet, Bon Appetite, and Cooks Illustrated. I figure I'll get a chance to view each one before I fully decide which one(s) I want.

Tootaloo everybody!

Linda- your laptop will survive, I just know it!

And, yes I can order Southern Living- but don't know if it's in our stores. I'm sure the major book store chains have it.

Gotta go- I have traffic to beat!

Have fun---we'll miss you!

Congrats on your new adventure! Good luck and have a great day!

Have fun sit with the cool kids at lunch.... lol

Well, I just got on, so by the time you read this you're already back home. Have a wonderful day, I hope it is a fun, exciting job and that DH makes you a fabulous dinner. :)

Hope you have a great day:)

WAAAAAA :cry: :cry: No Kacey today!!!!

Seriously, My Ultimate Cool 5 sista, Have a great day at your new job and know we are all there with ya!!! We will miss your posts today and Can't wait to hear how you ROCKED the house in your new job!!!

Good Luck Kacey! Let us know how it went!:D WE'll miss u on here today!

Hope you had a great 1st day Kacey!!:)

Kacey!!!!!!! Good luck and again, Congratulations! I'm sure you look "marvelous!!" BTW the picture of you on that dang Harley is gorgeous! You go girl!
It is so weird to look at your posts and not see the green light shining! Too weird!!! We'll miss you but we'll get our fix tonight!!!
We love ya Kacey and we're all praying for a truely wonderful and successful day for you!!!:angel: :D :balloon:

PamperedDor said:
WAAAAAA :cry: :cry: No Kacey today!!!!

Seriously, My Ultimate Cool 5 sista, Have a great day at your new job and know we are all there with ya!!! We will miss your posts today and Can't wait to hear how you ROCKED the house in your new job!!!

OK, someone please explain this 5 thang...I TOTALLY missed it!

janetupnorth said:

It's the Birthday Clock thread.....it has to do with astrological signs and when you were born.

janetupnorth said:

Check out the birthday clock thread!

I just KNOW you'll have a great day! You ROCK girl! Have a blast!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL 1st day!! Let know how it went with all the juicy details! :D

Thanks guys, I guess I avoided it... ;)

janetupnorth said:

Don't avoid it Janet - its pretty fun!!! Right Becky?

What? A day without Kacey? What are we going to do? Good Luck Kacey ~ tell us all about it!

Hope your day goes great!!
God bless,
Amanda

Aww... is anyone else getting that feeling about KitchenDiva going to work today that they get when they drop their kid off for their first day at school?! Awwwwww!!!! :D Have fun today

bsaxman said:
Aww... is anyone else getting that feeling about KitchenDiva going to work today that they get when they drop their kid off for their first day at school?! Awwwwww!!!! :D Have fun today

No, sorry, I didn't cry. :cry: ;)

Hmmm, it's sooo peaceful in here today;) LOL!!!

Soon we will be calling Kacey "mommy big bucks":p

rennea said:
Hmmm, it's sooo peaceful in here today;) LOL!!!

Soon we will be calling Kacey "mommy big bucks":p

I read that wrong at first and thought you typed mommy big butts. I was thinking ooooh Kacey's going to kill you! LOL!

janetupnorth said:
I read that wrong at first and thought you typed mommy big butts. I was thinking ooooh Kacey's going to kill you! LOL!

OMG that's too funny:D

rennea said:
OMG that's too funny:D

I think I had the "big girl panties" stuck in my mind from this a.m.

OK, break over - back to real life...

Hope your first day is going well, Kacey! It's my first day on a new job, too!

Sure it quiet around here...

Hope you had a nice first day of work Kacey. I hope you enjoy your dinner that DH made. I hope you get to enjoy the pork chops tonight :chef: and not have to order a pizza.

PamperedDor said:
Don't avoid it Janet - its pretty fun!!! Right Becky?

I was just throughly entertained by Dor and Kacey and their 5 obsession!:D :D :D

ChefBeckyD said:
I was just throughly entertained by Dor and Kacey and their 5 obsession!:D :D :D

I think with Dor it's a kid thing...but Kacey...hmm...

janetupnorth said:
I think with Dor it's a kid thing...but Kacey...hmm...

LMAO!!! Ya know I didn't even think about it that way....

Where is my sista 5???? Boy that is one long day!!

Where are you Kacey? We are all waiting....and in withdrawl. :)

legacypc46 said:
Where are you Kacey? We are all waiting....and in withdrawl. :)

I second that!! :)

Hope your first day was all you were expecting it to be! My post is late because I had to work today too:)!

MissChef said:
Kacey!!!!!!! Good luck and again, Congratulations! I'm sure you look "marvelous!!" BTW the picture of you on that dang Harley is gorgeous! You go girl!
It is so weird to look at your posts and not see the green light shining! Too weird!!! We'll miss you but we'll get our fix tonight!!!
We love ya Kacey and we're all praying for a truely wonderful and successful day for you!!!:angel: :D :balloon:
It's a HONDA- not a Harley-
Sorry I'm a honda chick! :) LOL

I did have a great day, thanks so much!!! :)

janetupnorth said:
If it helps, I didn't know it was astrologically based at first- it just tells you your personality type and what your strengths and weaknesses are. Sort of like that Bristol Myers personality test. (I know...it's not called Bristole Myers, but I couldn't remember the name)- that didn't tell me anything that the personality tests have told me, the only difference is that they categorize it into a numbered group, and I fall under type 5. :)

bsaxman said:
I was totally gonna take a picture of me standing on the stairs with my lunch bag in my new first day of work outfit and post it, but DH was still sleeping when I left.

:)

dianevill said:
Hope your first day is going well, Kacey! It's my first day on a new job, too!
Hey, Diane- how did it go? Did you get that job you wanted with that old co-worker???

Soooo, tell us about the first day......

please???????????

I'm home!You guys are a riot!

I missed you so much, and I had a wonderful first day of work! They bought me a very fancy expensive new chair today, and all sorts of things for my desk! It took me a long time to get home because there was an accident on the bridge I have to go over, so it was backed up for 8 miles... my 20 minute drive turned into 40 minutes.

Then, DH threw his back out today cleaning his truck. Aparently he thinks he can jump off the back of the truck without hurting himself- and he was wrong- so he can barely move and wasn't able to cook. So I had to pick up some Chinese Take-out because I just was not in the mood to come home and cook.

I'm done eating and was going to get out of these work clothes and hop on to visit with all of you.

They were very nice to me, (geesh, they spent like $500.00 on me just in cool office supplies alone today!) They were like, what do you want and or need to do this job? I was like seriously? I'm still a temp for the next 3 months...and they said you'll still be working during that three months, so tell us what you want and need to do your job and be comfortable. So I asked if they would be so kind as to replace the very old and uncomfortable chair at my desk, and they let me pick the one I wanted!!! Cool!

Anyway, all the guys are nice- I support the sales staff and the sales managers so I'm not quite sure why they elected to give me the title of administrative assistant because I'm more like the Sales Staff Support Manager...

Anyway I believe I'll do really well there.

Oh, get this, almost 75% of the people there are Jewish- and they are a riot! My old boss form Wells Fargo is Jewish and I LOVED him! These guys order in expensive breakfasts and lunches every day, let their assistant drive their Porsche's to get them coffee... they are nice and kept asking me if I was good, did I like the job, how was my day, they were happy to have me.

I guess they do a bible study weekly but the women aren't allowed. They all wear their yamika's (sp?)... anywho- they are just a bunch of fun, thoughtful, outrageous people!

When they brought lunch in, I jokingly asked where the Ham Sandwiches were. They thought that was funny!!!

I'm tired and my thoughts are broken, so let me clean up and change and I'll be back soon.

I missed all of you, and the kind words on this thread made my night!

glad you had such a great day :) I've been wondering all day how you made out.

pampchefrhondab said:
Hope your first day was all you were expecting it to be! My post is late because I had to work today too:)!
How did your day go? I hope it was awesome!!!

<h2>1. How did your first day at work go?</h2><p>My first day at work went great! I was nervous at first, but everyone was so welcoming and helpful. I'm excited to see what the future holds.</p><h2>2. How did your hair and outfit turn out?</h2><p>My hair turned out fabulous and my outfit was adorable. I felt confident and ready to take on the day.</p><h2>3. Is it hard to leave your online community for work?</h2><p>It's definitely bittersweet. I will miss chatting with all of you throughout the day, but I'm also excited for this new chapter in my life.</p><h2>4. How did your husband's cooking turn out?</h2><p>Surprisingly, my husband's cooking turned out pretty good! He made pork chops and they were delicious. Looks like he hasn't forgotten how to cook after all.</p><h2>5. Do you have any words for your online community?</h2><p>I just want to say thank you for all the support and love you've shown me over the past few months. I couldn't have done it without you. You all will be in my thoughts today and I hope you have a fabulous day!</p>

1. How did your first day at work go?

My first day at work went great! I was nervous at first, but everyone was so welcoming and helpful. I'm excited to see what the future holds.

2. How did your hair and outfit turn out?

My hair turned out fabulous and my outfit was adorable. I felt confident and ready to take on the day.

3. Is it hard to leave your online community for work?

It's definitely bittersweet. I will miss chatting with all of you throughout the day, but I'm also excited for this new chapter in my life.

4. How did your husband's cooking turn out?

Surprisingly, my husband's cooking turned out pretty good! He made pork chops and they were delicious. Looks like he hasn't forgotten how to cook after all.

5. Do you have any words for your online community?

I just want to say thank you for all the support and love you've shown me over the past few months. I couldn't have done it without you. You all will be in my thoughts today and I hope you have a fabulous day!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • chefkristin