• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I feel like I should re-introduce myself!

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Hi! I have missed everyone! I see a few of you on FB, but I haven't been able to get on that much lately, either. I am sure you have seen some of my posts about our financial situation and how hard things have been on us since we closed the cafe. Many things have been going on in our lives. We actually managed to get our home out of foreclose through a loan mod (thank you God!). I landed a fabulous job at one of the local hospitals as an operator. Its the hospital that saved my life and my daughter's, so I feel especially connected. I love the job and the hours are good for my family life. Although, crazy for my PC business. I have managed to stay active, which I am happy about, but I have shows I need to schedule and the income would really help. I am going to meet with my director and try to formulate a plan. We are still probably filing for bankruptcy, which I dread. I am still waiting for the accountant to get our tax returns done so we can file. I am starting to sell of some equipment, so that helps, too. About a week after I started at the hospital, my husband lost his job. But, with unemployment and some side work he does, we are making ends meet for now.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
Welcome back Anne! Glad to hear that you are staying active & that you were able to find a job and get your house out of foreclosure! http://www.foreclosureboard.org Sorry to hear about your hubby's job and the financial difficulties that you are still having. :( I hope that you are able to see the light at the end of this long tunnel VERY soon! (((hugs)))

Last edited by a moderator:

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Thanks, Sheila. I am glad that I am seeing some forward motion. I know things will work out.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I'm glad to see you here again, Anne.

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
Welcome back, Anne. It is good to see your smiling face on the boards!

ChefLoriG

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2005
welcome back Anne, I feel your pain, my husband lost his job last week *ramps up PC*

quiverfull7

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2006
Welcome back Anne! My dh lost his job in Nov and we've also lost a business so I know
your pain. Your great attitude is a blessing! you'll make it girl!

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
Welcome back, Anne! (Also, welcome front, welcome arms, welcome feet, welcome hands...)

You've certainly been missed. I know one industry that I wouldn't want to be in right now is radio, but that's certainly old news for you guys. There are a lot of us here that can empathize with you, we know the struggle you are having. Jack Canfield once said that if you really want to confront what life is all about, get married, begin a family and start a business. I have a lot of admiration for those who start a business, whether it makes it or not.

I know that you'll be fine. :)

etteluap70PC

Legacy Member
Gold Member
May 24, 2005
Glad to see you around the board again, and that you are keeping your head above water. So many of us can empathize with your struggle, myself included. Good luck and I know you can make your goal of promoting to Director by NC net year.

heat123

Legend Member
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2005
Hi Anne, It's been awhile! Good to see your posts again. I am sooo sorry about your troubles (and to hear you had to close your coffee house), I Had no idea.. Last I heard you were working at Avenue? Hope all goes well with your new job and good luck with the MOd and DH finding a job. Hope Mary is doing well. :) Keep on pluggin away at your PC biz!

Bren706

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2007
Hi Anne! Nice to see you again. I myself have gone kinda AWOL here too. We are trying to sell our house (before we lose it, too) and move back to our hometown in MA. (we are currently in NC). I have been wanting to go back to work (it's been six years) but having pregnancy induced hypertension in my last trimester, an emergency c-section, complications after birth had kept me from doing so. Once I was healthy enough, I had a good lucking calendar with PC, but that only lasted a month or so, and was hard to keep up having a newborn in the house, and then our finances really started to get rough, and that is when we decided we wanted to move. Our house has been on the market for 2 months now. I don't want to get a job here knowing that we could be moving any time, but yet, it could take months to sell the house. Keeping up with Pampered Chef has been tough when you have 3 kids to take care of and a house that needs to stay spotless for showings at a drop of a dime. So, yes, I am right there with ya.

So happy that you have a director to work with you on a plan. My director is as about active as I am, and not very motivated :(.

Melissa78

Veteran Member
Gold Member
May 10, 2009
WELCOME BACK CHICA! We've missed you!

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Thank you, thank you! (Taking bow!)

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Hi Anne, It's been awhile! Good to see your posts again. I am sooo sorry about your troubles (and to hear you had to close your coffee house), I Had no idea.. Last I heard you were working at Avenue? Hope all goes well with your new job and good luck with the MOd and DH finding a job. Hope Mary is doing well. :) Keep on pluggin away at your PC biz!

Yes, I was working at Avenue. I've worked there a few times and the manager was nice enough to give me some hours until I found something.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views