• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taking Our Seasonings to Australia

It's always best to check beforehand or just leave them behind and purchase them at your destination.In summary, the person in the conversation has been inactive for a year but has recently resumed their PC business. They are planning a trip to Australia and want to bring some seasonings with them. They are asking for advice on whether or not it is safe to bring the seasonings into a foreign country and if anyone has had any experience with this. Some suggestions are to package and ship the seasonings instead or to check with the airline and customs beforehand. It is also mentioned that there may be restrictions on bringing food items across borders.
RaggedyAunt
Gold Member
Hi, all.

I've been inactive for about a year and just resumed my PC business. Missed it greatly, but work and life were too busy (as I'm sure a lot of you can relate). One of my reasons for getting back into it was to make some spending money for a trip to Australia I have coming up. I am going to meet some friends and wanted to take some of our seasonings with me. I am just wondering if anyone has experience with taking our seasonings into a foreign country. I have never been to another country, so I am not familiar with customs, etc. I thought I would pick some brains here before I start doing a bunch of research online as to whether or not I should take any with me. I would assume it would probably be a safer bet to take unopened jars.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge to share, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

If in doubt, package them up and send them out via UPS or FedEx or Postal service. It may save you some trouble because one of the things I had taken out of my luggage when going to Las Vegas ONLY were the two small "bottles of powdery stuff". I had 2 bottles of Korintje Cinnamon and had to leave it behind at the air port even though they were still sealed. No kidding! Every airport is different though soooo...

I would not put them in carry on but I would think they'd be okay in checked baggage but check with the airline. Also, there are restrictions on taking food items across borders that might forbid you taking them.

BethCooks4U said:
I would not put them in carry on but I would think they'd be okay in checked baggage but check with the airline. Also, there are restrictions on taking food items across borders that might forbid you taking them.

Yes, I agree. You would most likely have to claim them in Customs and they make take them from you if they aren't allowed.

Hi there!

Welcome back to the Pampered Chef family! It's great to hear that you're getting back into your PC business. I completely understand how life can get busy and it's always nice to have a little extra spending money for trips and adventures. I'm sure your friends in Australia will love trying our seasonings!

When it comes to taking our products into foreign countries, it's always best to do some research beforehand. Customs and regulations can vary from country to country, so it's important to make sure you're following all the necessary guidelines. I would recommend reaching out to our corporate team for more information and guidance on this matter. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information.

I hope you have a fantastic trip to Australia and enjoy sharing our seasonings with your friends. Happy cooking!

1. What seasonings will be available in Australia?

Our initial launch in Australia will include our top-selling seasonings, such as Garlic & Herb Rub, All-Purpose Dill Mix, Southwest Seasoning, and Italian Seasoning Mix. We will continue to expand our selection based on customer demand.

2. Will the seasonings be priced the same as in the U.S.?

Due to differences in shipping and import costs, our seasonings may be priced slightly higher in Australia. However, we are committed to offering competitive prices and will regularly review and adjust as needed.

3. Are the seasonings labeled with Australian nutrition information and measurements?

Yes, all of our seasonings sold in Australia will be labeled according to Australian nutrition guidelines and will include metric measurements.

4. Will there be any new seasonings introduced specifically for the Australian market?

At this time, we do not have any plans to introduce new seasonings specifically for Australia. However, we are always open to suggestions and feedback from our customers and will consider expanding our product line in the future.

5. Can I purchase the seasonings in bulk for my business or organization?

Yes, we offer bulk ordering options for businesses and organizations in Australia. Please contact our customer service team for more information on bulk pricing and ordering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
RudolfH
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • jcsmilez
  • General Chat