• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Because I Know You Guys Work Miracles....

In summary, a young boy named Max Nunn was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2009 and underwent treatment, but the tumor returned. His parents searched for alternative treatments and were able to get him an experimental drug through social media and persistence. However, Max's condition deteriorated and he passed away in 2010 at the age of 7. His family is now passionate about raising awareness for childhood cancer research in honor of Max.
Jean DeVries
Gold Member
Asking for prayers for a little boy named Max Nunn. If you have a Carepages account, you can log in and read his story, but here's the synopsis:

In 2009, Max was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He underwent whatever horrors a child has to go through to get rid of the brain tumor, and it was gone for a couple of months.

Just when life began to return to normal at his house, it struck again. This time, with a vengeance. The doctors told his parents there was basically nothing they could do. His parents went looking for more.

There were a few different trials going on with an experimental medicine that his doctors, as well as many other reputable doctors in the childhood cancer field felt would be his best hope for a cure. He did not qualify for the trials on what was basically a technicality. The drug company, Genentech, also refused to give him the medicine on a compassionate use case because he didn't qualify.

Well, his parents persisted, as most would, got the word out, used the power of social media to their advantage, and had everyone on the planet calling and rallying for this little boy. We've called news organizations, magazines, Oprah, Ellen, and everywhere else we could think of.

On Friday, they got the call that Genentech had changed their mind and would give him the drug on an experimental/compassionate use case, pending approval from the FDA.

On Saturday, Max's symptoms worsened. He can no longer speak, is basically paralyzed on his right side, and hospice has been brought in for pain management.

Today, his doctor talked to the FDA, and Max will begin receiving the drug on Tuesday.

Through it all, his parents have been very forthcoming about raising awareness of childhood cancer, and the toll it takes on all children with cancer, not just their own. They have been extremely unselfish, caring, and cognizant of the fact that their child is just one of many.

I'll post links at the bottom to various things that tell Max's story, but his story is just part of the greater story - of kids who are dying of cancer every day in this country, of drugs that are just out of reach, and of families being forever changed.

Please pray that Max can hold on until Tuesday, that the drugs work, and that all children with cancer have an opportunity for a better life and sick-free future.

Jean

Facebook Pages: MaxNunn, TeamMax, Give Max Hope

YouTube - GIVE MAX HOPE: the story of 7yr old Max Nunn

YouTube - New cancer drug gives family hope

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/posted.php?id=111279275601288&share_id=106212739445566&comments=1#s106212739445566

I'm so sorry. i can't imagine what parents of a critically ill child go through, not to mention the child and any siblings. Prayers said.

My thoughts and prayers are with this family, in desperate need of a miracle! Please keep us updated!

I am sorry to say that Max passed away yesterday, on Thanksgiving.

Here is the account from his CarePage:

Today at 2:05 pm Max quit hurting. Mom and Dad were holding him as he took his last breath. We would like to say that he went peacefully but it would be far from the truth. It was the most horrific scene any parent could ever imagine. Please follow the instructions on the video so this quits happening to precious children and families. For anyone compelled to send flowers or a card please do not let Hallmark or a florist make any money off our loss. Please give it to St Baldrick's. STOP CHILDHOOD cANCER!

And a later post:

Maxwell Kincaid Nunn age 7 of Morley took his last breath in the arms of his mother and father on November 25th 2010 after a courageous fight against cancer. Max will be missed by his beloved parents, Jodie and Thomas Nunn, sister Lilly Nunn and countless other family members and friends whose lives he has touched. A few of the many things Max enjoyed was hunting, spending time with his dad, riding his quad, hanging out with his friends, bonfires, collecting gadgets, opening the mail, riding in his dad’s truck, fishing, playing sports, and listening to music. Max was an awesome individual with a heart melting smile that touched the lives of countless people across the world. During our family’s journey we have been humbled and awed by the tremendous outpouring of support and we could never begin to express how truly thankful we are by the generosity of our community. Our family has become passionate about raising awareness and funding for childhood cancer research and will continue to strive to bring awareness to the forefront until a change is made in the hopes that other children and families do not have to endure this battle.

A formal service is not being planned but we are asking that those who would spend money on flowers, cards and/or travel arrangements donate to St. Baldrick’s to further research for pediatric cancer.

Donations can be made online at http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/participantid/411709 or by check or money order made out to St. Baldrick’s and mailed to Nunn Family, 4800 230th Ave, Morley, MI 49336.

Max was an inspiration to all and will be greatly missed but never forgotten. Forever our hero…GO MAX GO!

Keeping the family in prayer.

1. How does the "Because I Know You Guys Work Miracles..." product work?

The "Because I Know You Guys Work Miracles..." product is a versatile kitchen tool that can perform a variety of tasks such as slicing, dicing, and shredding. It comes with interchangeable blades and attachments that allow you to customize its use for different ingredients and recipes. Its compact design and easy-to-use features make it a convenient and efficient addition to any kitchen.

2. Can the "Because I Know You Guys Work Miracles..." product be used for both wet and dry ingredients?

Yes, the "Because I Know You Guys Work Miracles..." product can be used for both wet and dry ingredients. The sharp blades and attachments are designed to handle a variety of textures and consistencies, making it suitable for a wide range of ingredients. Its versatility makes it a must-have tool for any home cook or chef.

3. Is the "Because I Know You Guys Work Miracles..." product dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Because I Know You Guys Work Miracles..." product is dishwasher safe. Simply disassemble the product and place the parts in the dishwasher for easy and convenient cleaning. However, we recommend handwashing the blades and attachments to ensure they stay sharp and in good condition for longer.

4. Can the "Because I Know You Guys Work Miracles..." product be used by left-handed individuals?

Yes, the "Because I Know You Guys Work Miracles..." product can be used by left-handed individuals. The product is designed to be ergonomic and can be easily used with either hand. Additionally, the interchangeable blades and attachments can be switched to accommodate different hand preferences.

5. Is there a warranty for the "Because I Know You Guys Work Miracles..." product?

Yes, there is a limited lifetime warranty for the "Because I Know You Guys Work Miracles..." product. This warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship and allows for a replacement or repair of the product. However, the warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or normal wear and tear.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SilverCeladon
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dianevill
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies