• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Forums Change and Come and Go...

In summary, Janet saw that the moods come and go with the people, and that many good people have taken their focus away from the forum.
janetupnorth said:
Ann - I think you'll see a dramatic change in oh about 3 weeks. For me it isn't the amount of "non-PC" threads. I like discussing life issues too and politics and religion. What gets me is the attitudes of those posting. There is a way to discuss in a civil tone and there is a way to purposely stir things up. Some people have a knack for one or the other. We do best here when those who stir tone it down or in the past, some have left. I'm sure KG's ignore list for one is full of people who have left. ;) ...some for the true help of CS because they could NEVER be positive.

The light at the end of the tunnel can be seen...I just hope it isn't a train! ;)

Well, it has been a train and the train is driving this site off the tracks. In fact the wreckage has started because so many have ditched this site completely. Instead of starting any kind of thread, I wish those that want to debate politics and religion start another site instead.

Yes, people can't debate things in a civil tone when it comes to these two subjects because this hits people in an area which involves their upbringing and the roots of who they are. It is like taking a knife to a wound making it bleed and grinding salt in the wound. No matter how delicately or intelligently opinions are put, it will make passions rise in people to defend their way of thinking. And people who have all the good intentions of starting to heal this site go onto a thread and find they have accidentally stepped on another land mine.

I know this will clear up in 3 weeks and it happens every 4 years, but debate somewhere else because this site is called Chef Success. Yes, I am angry but it's because I care about the people on this site. The passion that people have for their political and religious views are driving people to say things that put them on an ignore list. The few people who are on my ignore list are people who have said hateful things to others concerning PC items.

Let's get back to business and support one another with positive ideas and positive words. I don't mean to pretend that all is good in PC land but that is where we need each other's support in our businesses. We will go a lot further with our PC business when we try to show compassion for others that may struggle in one area or others that may need a new idea or spark to get them back on track. Let's make the train tunnel we are heading into be the PC train, not the train wreck of our opinions on politics and religion.

I am angry and will probably be off this site again only to become a lurker. How sad, because I like so many of you but I can not justify wasting anymore energy on these two subjects.

chefann said:
I know the political things will stop. It's just aggravating when I try to stay out of those threads and then someone (actually... it was you) starts one that sounds like it's going to be business related because it mentions Warren Buffet in the title - and it ends up being about the debate.

I agree that we all could use a little help getting off here and doing some more productive activities. That's on my list for this afternoon.

It was business-related I thought! :) Warren mentioned in the debate...then everything (thread and debate) took a turn I didn't expect!

I'm just needling you - although because it was from the debate, it should have been expected that it would take a political turn. And seeing your name reminds me, I need to pull out a catalog and do a little pet shopping. Beaker finished all her in-shell almonds and it's abut 3 weeks too early for them to be in grocery stores for the holidays.

chefann said:
I'm just needling you - although because it was from the debate, it should have been expected that it would take a political turn.

And seeing your name reminds me, I need to pull out a catalog and do a little pet shopping. Beaker finished all her in-shell almonds and it's abut 3 weeks too early for them to be in grocery stores for the holidays.

I know Ann - I'm glad you mentioned it though! I was TRYING to rack my brain to figure out what thread wasn't clearly political! :D

Almonds
30031 - 1 lb. - $6.99
30032 - 5 lb. - $30.99
30033 - 25 lb. - $155.99

;)

chefann said:
I just need to vent about a couple of recent threads that I opened up by accident because the posters didn't put the word "Political" in the titles, even though that's what they were. And the titles weren't such that it was obvious it was going to be a political discussion. Same for a religious thread that ended up in the Lounge instead of the Prayer Request area. It may not have been specifically a prayer request, but that's where the thread should have gone.

Kacey- do you need me to push someone around so they stop bothering you?

Ann- I snorted when I read that! My office buddy, Theresa looked at me and said "What are you laughing at, giggle-box!"

That's sweet of you, but I have my Italian Brothers-in law on standby for things of that nature. It's clear that I should not have let the few "scare" me into silence... I shall no longer avoid the business threads just because some people don't feel I should be there. Heck- I ran other people's businesses for 18 years- that should count for something!!!

janetupnorth said:
I know Ann - I'm glad you mentioned it though! I was TRYING to rack my brain to figure out what thread wasn't clearly political! :D

Almonds
30031 - 1 lb. - $6.99
30032 - 5 lb. - $30.99
30033 - 25 lb. - $155.99

;)
Thanks, Janet! You're such a doll. (But I think DH will decide that we can wait 3 weeks rather than pay shipping...) Heck, I even went to the local Whole Foods to see if they had any, but no luck there.
Kitchen Diva said:
[/B]

Ann- I snorted when I read that! My office buddy, Theresa looked at me and said "What are you laughing at, giggle-box!"

That's sweet of you, but I have my Italian Brothers-in law on standby for things of that nature. It's clear that I should not have let the few "scare" me into silence... I shall no longer avoid the business threads just because some people don't feel I should be there. Heck- I ran other people's businesses for 18 years- that should count for something!!!
I forgot that you have your own personal team of enforcers on standby. Remind me not to get on your bad side. :)

chefann said:
Thanks, Janet! You're such a doll. (But I think DH will decide that we can wait 3 weeks rather than pay shipping...) Heck, I even went to the local Whole Foods to see if they had any, but no luck there.

I forgot that you have your own personal team of enforcers on standby. Remind me not to get on your bad side. :)
I've never had the guts to use them however. And, in all honesty, I think if you, and Rae and Janet had to go all out in a throw down with the BILs- you three would win! :)

LOL-

It's actually nice to know that I also have my own team of enforcers on CS- especially since you guys aren't my relatives...you've chosen me- you're not obligated like family is. I feel so loved today! shucks:blushing:

Kitchen Diva said:
I've never had the guts to use them however. And, in all honesty, I think if you, and Rae and Janet had to go all out in a throw down with the BILs- you three would win! :)

LOL-

It's actually nice to know that I also have my own team of enforcers on CS- especially since you guys aren't my relatives...you've chosen me- you're not obligated like family is. I feel so loved today! shucks:blushing:

Somehow I don't think we quite look like the Charlie's Angels though... ;)

janetupnorth said:

That made me LOL!

janetupnorth said:

even Charlie's Angels don't look like Charlie's Angels anymore.....except for Jacquelyn Smith - that woman is gorgeous! (btw, I'm refering to the original angels ;) )

pamperedlinda said:
even Charlie's Angels don't look like Charlie's Angels anymore.....except for Jacquelyn Smith - that woman is gorgeous! (btw, I'm refering to the original angels ;) )

I think all 3 of them look pretty good for their age! (Originals)

...and their replacements by the way (in the show)...

baychef said:
The passion that people have for their political and religious views are driving people to say things that put them on an ignore list.

Let's make the train tunnel we are heading into be the PC train, not the train wreck of our opinions on politics and religion.

I am angry and will probably be off this site again only to become a lurker. How sad, because I like so many of you but I can not justify wasting anymore energy on these two subjects.

Yep, we're definitely related! ;)

I am saddened to say there are now 10 folks on my iggy list...all of whom I've added in the last 24 hours. I value freedom of speech, but I also value good manners, politeness, and professional respect. There is tremendous insensitivity to others when advancing hot-topic non-PC agendas here (no matter how strong or well-intentioned the personal convictions involved).

For those who say ignore 'those posts', please understand this attitude is also part of what is driving more and more folks away.

legacypc46 said:
I am saddened to say there are now 10 folks on my iggy list...all of whom I've added in the last 24 hours. I value freedom of speech, but I also value good manners, politeness, and professional respect. There is tremendous insensitivity to others when advancing hot-topic non-PC agendas here (no matter how strong or well-intentioned the personal convictions involved).

For those who say ignore 'those posts', please understand this attitude is also part of what is driving more and more folks away.

Only 10? I have 18 on my iggy list. :eek: About 1/2 to 2/3 of them no longer post, but I leave them on the list just in case they ever come back.

janetupnorth said:

That's fine! It doesn't matter- you all have major spunk... and that's all it takes some times.

chefann said:
Only 10? I have 18 on my iggy list. :eek: About 1/2 to 2/3 of them no longer post, but I leave them on the list just in case they ever come back.
I must be doing something wrong. I only have 3 on mine...oh, wait... I mean 4.

I am now just signing on and doing a "search" for the threads I have replied in....that way I avoid any thread that I am not interested in......BUT, it also stops me from looking at any "new" threads that may very well have value toward my business. That is a chance I am willing to take!

chefann said:
<snip> And seeing your name reminds me, I need to pull out a catalog and do a little pet shopping. Beaker finished all her in-shell almonds and it's abut 3 weeks too early for them to be in grocery stores for the holidays.

janetupnorth said:
<snip>Almonds
30031 - 1 lb. - $6.99
30032 - 5 lb. - $30.99
30033 - 25 lb. - $155.99

;)

Guess what was in my mailbox today? :D
No almonds, but a new birdalog! (It's only a catalog if it's the edition with cat products. :) )

chefann said:
No almonds, but a new birdalog! (It's only a catalog if it's the edition with cat products. :) )

Too funny - I was just asking my boss yesterday when the next catalog drop was and he didn't know...guess I now know!

That's great because this week orders were really down.

Have fun browsing! Did you get a bird calendar sent to you at all? If not, PM me your address and I'll make sure you get one (it has coupons for 2009!!!!).

legacypc46 said:
Yep, we're definitely related! ;)

If I had kept on the sites, I would have had about 20 or more (how many are on this site again??) and had I shot my mouth off, I am sure my behind would have been kicked off the site.

Did I mention that I have Scotish, Irish and French Canadian in my blood and when the 3 boil together it can be quite a mess.:eek: I like to save that for my day job and it came to a rolling boil last week when I walked out of a meeting with a principal, vice principal and my boss. Luckily, I have a great boss that understood completely how I felt and went to bat for me when I left.

The Danish part of me makes me look all sweet and innocent.:angel:And for the most part, I just complain and let it go. But when the spirits of the ancestors before me start in...well first I cry, then I get composed and get REAL p.o.'d!!!!:eek:

Still want to be my twin separated at birth, Leggy?:eek:

chefann said:

Love the "bird"alog!!! Are you and Janet still talking about your nuts?

Yes. She works at the company that bought out my favorite bird catalog several years ago. And I just happened to get a new catalog in the mail today. :)I'll send you a PM, Janet. DH and I probably aren't on any sort of preferred customer list because we rarely order. Our birds seem to be happy with simple toys like empty tissue boxes and toilet paper tubes.

chefann said:
Yes. She works at the company that bought out my favorite bird catalog several years ago. And I just happened to get a new catalog in the mail today. :)

I'll send you a PM, Janet. DH and I probably aren't on any sort of preferred customer list because we rarely order. Our birds seem to be happy with simple toys like empty tissue boxes and toilet paper tubes.

Got it! I'll get one out on Monday!

I didn't realize you were a former customer of that company. I made a trip a few years ago to IL to pack up all the remaining inventory and ship it back up to us when we bought out them. The wife was nice and pretty normal, the husband was really weird. I was afraid to be in the "warehouse" (actually it was only about 3000-4000 sq. ft.) with him alone! (...and I'm pretty tough...)

baychef said:
If I had kept on the sites, I would have had about 20 or more (how many are on this site again??) and had I shot my mouth off, I am sure my behind would have been kicked off the site.

Did I mention that I have Scotish, Irish and French Canadian in my blood and when the 3 boil together it can be quite a mess.:eek: I like to save that for my day job and it came to a rolling boil last week when I walked out of a meeting with a principal, vice principal and my boss. Luckily, I have a great boss that understood completely how I felt and went to bat for me when I left.

The Danish part of me makes me look all sweet and innocent.:angel:And for the most part, I just complain and let it go. But when the spirits of the ancestors before me start in...well first I cry, then I get composed and get REAL p.o.'d!!!!:eek:

Still want to be my twin separated at birth, Leggy?:eek:

Well Ann, try Scottish, German, French Canadian and American Indian together!

The Swedish makes me calm. ;)

Kacey, you know my ankle-kicking services are always at your disposal. Let's see Charlie's Angels do that! Hah! I'm twice the women they are--combined. Well, maybe a little less than that; I haven't weighed myself lately. ;)Ann, I met you, you didn't seem all that innocent to me. :) That's kinda what I liked about you.

janetupnorth said:

I'm French, Irish, and German, and the English keeps me calm. (HA! After all, my maiden name is Sober...can't get much calmer than that!)

I'm English, Irish, Native American, and French-Swiss. I don't even try to stay calm.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm French, Irish, and German, and the English keeps me calm. (HA! After all, my maiden name is Sober...can't get much calmer than that!)

My maiden name is Grant and I don't think he was sober...:rolleyes:

My maiden name was Black. Yup, I was born a black child.
100_0227.jpg

janetupnorth said:

Oh my gosh. Is that what it is? My husband and even children for the most part are very calm. My dh's dad's parents came to the U.S. directly from Sweden. Then there is me. My maiden name is Bailey. Does that tell you anything?

janetupnorth said:
Got it! I'll get one out on Monday!

I didn't realize you were a former customer of that company. I made a trip a few years ago to IL to pack up all the remaining inventory and ship it back up to us when we bought out them. The wife was nice and pretty normal, the husband was really weird. I was afraid to be in the "warehouse" (actually it was only about 3000-4000 sq. ft.) with him alone! (...and I'm pretty tough...)

We weren't super customers of them, either. But they had great bird-themed gifts in their catalog, like shirts and posters. We got my FIL one of the posters of Budgies and had it framed for him for Christmas one year. He breeds budgies for show.

100% Scottish here!!!! Red headed temper :)

raebates said:
Kacey, you know my ankle-kicking services are always at your disposal. Let's see Charlie's Angels do that! Hah! I'm twice the women they are--combined. Well, maybe a little less than that; I haven't weighed myself lately. ;)

Ann, I met you, you didn't seem all that innocent to me. :) That's kinda what I liked about you.

Ha- Yes! Ya can't get that from the Italian BILs! :) Love the ankle kicking- the Charlies Angels would Run in fear from you! :) Well, from you and the bird lady ;) (just lovin' on ya Chefann!)

JAE said:
Oh my gosh. Is that what it is? My husband and even children for the most part are very calm. My dh's dad's parents came to the U.S. directly from Sweden. Then there is me. My maiden name is Bailey. Does that tell you anything?

Yeah, it tells me that you're TROUBLE! ;) which is why I like you!!

OK, completely off-topic, but I'm Dutch (duh), French-Canadian, German, Irish, Native American, Yooper, and Greek.

Not only am I feisty, I'm genetically bred to metabolize alcohol well.

And I only discovered my Irish heritage a few months ago when my grandma mentioned it. I've got a lot of "Kiss Me I'm Irish" to make up for.

BTW, if I'm ever one of the whiny, irritating, annoying, co-dependent, not willing to take responsibility for anything, put-me-on-your-iggy-list types, I expect someone to tell me so.

(You won't find me whining about no bookings, because I'm only doing this casually. You will, most likely, catch me whining about being fat. Feel free to call me out on it. I probably won't hear you, though, because I'll be in the kitchen getting my ice cream.)

I'm English, Irish, Austrian and German... quite frankly I'm pretty sure I'm at war with myself... The English make me a Princess- the Irish makes me stubborn and sassy, the Austrian makes me anal and cranky, and the German makes me laid back and jolly...

so I'm a princess who's stubborn, sassy, anal, cranky, laid back and jolly- Can you just feel the inner conflict?

Man-:yuck:

so dang Irish here it isn't even funny~my name is Margaret Mary Catherine Murray!!!!!

I'm English, Irish, Dutch, Welch, and Cherokee-Blackfoot Indian. I'm a very calm and laid-back individual and it takes a LOT to make me mad.....however, once I'm mad you better watch out!

Jean DeVries said:

BTW, if I'm ever one of the whiny, irritating, annoying, co-dependent, not willing to take responsibility for anything, put-me-on-your-iggy-list types, I expect someone to tell me so.

(You won't find me whining about no bookings, because I'm only doing this casually. You will, most likely, catch me whining about being fat. Feel free to call me out on it. I probably won't hear you, though, because I'll be in the kitchen getting my ice cream.)

Hmmm, maybe we're related too! And you have my vote in November!

I grew up in an Irish / Itialian family! I'm English by birth (don't know my birth dad) there may be other heritage I do not know about. I totally have the temperment though of my dad and grandpa... quiet and demure I am NOT!!! LOL! I spent too many years as a "seen and not heard" child. No more of that for me...

Rae...love the fact that you were born a Black child! I love hearing about everyone's nationalities! I have always know that my maiden name was straight from Scotland but I never paid much attention to it. Then I watched parts of Braveheart and related to some but was basically grossed out!

My Great grandmother had the strawberry blonde hair and her first name was Katie...if that doesn't scream Irish!:eek:

I did not inherit that gene to take in large amounts of alcohol, however! I did have the desire to do so in my 20's but it never worked for me!!

Jean DeVries said:
OK, completely off-topic, but I'm Dutch (duh), French-Canadian, German, Irish, Native American, Yooper, and Greek.

Okay - 90% of the people reading this probably didn't catch that - but it just cracked me up.....didn't know it had risen to a nationality - but it definitely has unique characteristics!:D

I think I'll go have a Pastie.

chefmeg said:
so dang Irish here it isn't even funny~my name is Margaret Mary Catherine Murray!!!!!

LOL!!! That is me! Both sets of grandparents are from Ireland! AND I married an Irishman - straight off the boat, born and raised there - we go back every year! (leaving Dec. 26th) Our kids say we are boring cause we are nothing but Irish, I quickly remind them that they are American and Irish!

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - 90% of the people reading this probably didn't catch that - but it just cracked me up.....didn't know it had risen to a nationality - but it definitely has unique characteristics!:D

I think I'll go have a Pastie.

I caught it last night and got a good laugh! :) Isn't is a pasty though? I've never seen it spelled with an ie.

For those who don't know, she's not talking about the little things you stick on your chest!

Joe's Pasty Shop

well I can honestly say if we can turn this back to a community feel I would be here a bit more- I am not oN DS Very much either. (BUT ITS AWESOME)
But what I can say is there is a lot of Positive people on the site most of us are more reserved these days--If I wanted to watch the news I would if I wanted to be in a debate I would run for office-that being said-I choose to answer all pm's for support and be a friend to those who are back! But I too don't like when we are here for Pampered Chef and a few people just post negative energy- Can we go a week of ONLY happy thoughts-? try it--let me know-- yea-no hurtful post attacking me please--be happy---thanks Janet and all for this safe thread!

Last edited:
Can't believe all of you are "mixed" up!LOL We have traced our family history back on my Mother's side to the 1500's and my Father's side back to 1606. My family on my Mother's side have lived in the area in and around Edinburgh since the 1600's.

Jean DeVries said:

And I only discovered my Irish heritage a few months ago when my grandma mentioned it. I've got a lot of "Kiss Me I'm Irish" to make up for.

Ditto Jean on the bolded part.

BTW, for the record I'm 50% Irish, 50% English. I'm not sure how much that explains, though!! Although I'm sure my feistiness is more from my Mum (Irish).

Jean, you are hilarious, and I'd vote for you if I had a vote!! (Not trying to be political, just loved her platform from a previous thread). Pasties for all! Long live the UP! And do make up the lost "Kiss me I'm Irish", but preferably with just one totally awesome guy :):love:.

And finally, Linda, did you mean Welsh, or are you descended from the grape growing family? :D:p

AnnieBee said:
And finally, Linda, did you mean Welsh, or are you descended from the grape growing family? :D:p

Yes I did....no grapes here. Just can't spell :eek:

rennea said:
Can't believe all of you are "mixed" up!LOL We have traced our family history back on my Mother's side to the 1500's and my Father's side back to 1606. My family on my Mother's side have lived in the area in and around Edinburgh since the 1600's.

My husband did that recently through his last name, he found they came here with the Pilgrims!! He also found out where they lived & we went there to check it out...:cool:

<H2>1. Why do forums always change?</H2><p>Forums are constantly evolving and changing because they are made up of a diverse group of individuals with varying opinions, interests, and priorities. As people come and go, the overall mood and direction of the forum can shift.</p><H2>2. How can I learn more about the history of this forum?</H2><p>If you are new to the forum, you can browse through old posts and discussions to get a sense of the forum's past. This can give you insight into the community and its dynamics.</p><H2>3. Why have some members chosen not to re-subscribe and contribute?</H2><p>Some members may have decided to leave the forum due to personal reasons or a change in priorities. Others may have felt that the forum no longer aligned with their values or goals.</p><H2>4. What is the main cause of conflict on this forum?</H2><p>While off-topic discussions may contribute to conflicts, it is often a difference in maturity levels and perspectives on business that lead to disagreements. It is important to listen to and respect the opinions of those who have more experience and knowledge in certain areas.</p><H2>5. How can I find balance in my life while also pursuing my business goals?</H2><p>It is important to prioritize and make time for all aspects of your life, including family, personal relationships, and leisure activities. Remember that success in business is not everything and it's important to find joy and fulfillment in all areas of your life.</p>

1. Why do forums always change?

Forums are constantly evolving and changing because they are made up of a diverse group of individuals with varying opinions, interests, and priorities. As people come and go, the overall mood and direction of the forum can shift.

2. How can I learn more about the history of this forum?

If you are new to the forum, you can browse through old posts and discussions to get a sense of the forum's past. This can give you insight into the community and its dynamics.

3. Why have some members chosen not to re-subscribe and contribute?

Some members may have decided to leave the forum due to personal reasons or a change in priorities. Others may have felt that the forum no longer aligned with their values or goals.

4. What is the main cause of conflict on this forum?

While off-topic discussions may contribute to conflicts, it is often a difference in maturity levels and perspectives on business that lead to disagreements. It is important to listen to and respect the opinions of those who have more experience and knowledge in certain areas.

5. How can I find balance in my life while also pursuing my business goals?

It is important to prioritize and make time for all aspects of your life, including family, personal relationships, and leisure activities. Remember that success in business is not everything and it's important to find joy and fulfillment in all areas of your life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kattyschack
Replies