• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Pampered Chef Related but What Should I Do?

In summary, The man was being hard on the 5 year old son and the son wasn't upset. My 4 year old son would have been upset.
apriljc
My 5 year old son had wrestling practice tonight and one of the dad's who is one of the volunteers was helping him. I thougth he was being a little rude to them by saying rude comments about not listening and by making them run when all of the other kids were wrestling. Maybe I am reading too much into this but I felt like he was treating them a little like this was going to be a sport they should do all through school, he is just there to have a good time, and hopefully try to learn some flexibility etc. Do you think I should say something to this man or just let it pass and see how he acts with him the next couple of practices?

Sounds like he was being a little hard on them. I mean give them a break they are only 5 years old!!! Maybe you should talk to the coach?

I have a 4 year old son and if I were you I would definitely say something! That isn't right, at that age they should only be there to have fun!

I kinda disagree. It is a fine line to walk as an atheletic mentor. My boys have been in sports since they were 3 years old and they are very competitive and atheletic. I think as a coach or mentor you have to push the kids (a little bit) so they can see what they are capable of. Running and trying to get the kiddos to listen are part of being in sports. Their bodies have to be in condition (the running) for them to have the stamina for the wrestling and they HAVE to be able to listen to coach at all times so they will not hurt themselves.

My boys are now 8 and 9 years old and play basketball and football all year long. Because of their ability and skill my boys need to be challenged to improve on their talent. At 4 and 5 they played f-football and the coach worked them. They ran laps before and after practice. They had to take a knee (kinda like holding up the 1 finger to ensure the kiddos were listening) whenever the coach had something to say to them. For many of the kids on the team it was their first time playing any sport. I think it was a good foundation for them. Because if they aren't also learning something then you are kinda wasting your time.

Just my little ole opinion! By the by..for the last 2 years both of my boys were selected to play on the All Star teams of the leagues they played with. Sports are not the end all be all at our house. I just try to get my kids to do everything to the best of their ability whether it is homework, cleaning up, or sports.

How did your son react? If he wasn't upset, I'd take the "watch and see" path.

Thanks for the advice. My son wasn't upset by the man and I do see both sides of it. I think what I am going to do is see how it all goes and if it continues to happen I will say something. I do understand that kids need to learn some guide lines but on the other hand they need to have fun al at the same time.

Related to Not Pampered Chef Related but What Should I Do?

1. What can I do to relax after a long day at work?

After a long day at work, it's important to take time for yourself to unwind and de-stress. You can try activities like taking a bath, reading a book, practicing yoga or meditation, or simply spending time with loved ones.

2. How can I improve my overall health and wellness?

Improving your overall health and wellness involves making lifestyle changes such as eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and managing stress. You can also try incorporating self-care practices, like taking breaks throughout the day and finding activities that bring you joy.

3. What are some simple ways to declutter and organize my space?

Start by decluttering one room at a time and sorting through items to keep, donate, or throw away. Invest in storage solutions like bins, shelves, and baskets to help keep items organized. Make it a habit to regularly declutter and put things back in their designated spots to maintain a tidy space.

4. How can I improve my cooking skills?

Improving your cooking skills can be fun and easy! Start by following simple recipes and practicing basic cooking techniques. Don't be afraid to experiment with different flavors and ingredients. You can also take cooking classes or watch online tutorials to learn new skills and techniques.

5. What are some ways to save money on household expenses?

To save money on household expenses, start by creating a budget and tracking your spending. Look for ways to cut back on unnecessary expenses, like dining out or subscription services. You can also try using coupons, shopping sales, and buying in bulk to save on groceries and household items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
TrishPCMommy
  • bsaxman