• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kinda Funny But... Not a Good Impression

In summary, a local Minneapolis talk radio host shared a story about his experience at the airport while traveling to Chicago. He claimed that a group of women, who he suspected were consultants attending a conference, were pushing and shoving their way to the front of the line to board the plane. The conversation also touched on a similar experience at a previous conference and the behavior of some consultants. However, it was noted that not all consultants behave this way and there are many who are excited to attend conferences. One attendee also shared a confrontation with a rude consultant at a previous conference.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
My DH came home Sunday from work and told me about one of the local Minneapolis talk guys he always listens to . This guy was talking about traveling back and forth to Chicago last week. He said the airport was extra crowded wit women for "Some Kitchen Conference" well.... when his plane was boarding in MPLS they called all first class and people that needed help to board then just had a general boarding, no calling by rows or anything. This radio talk guy said that "a bunch of the women going to this conference pushed and shoved their way to the front of the line trying to get on."

Dh knowing that I had been chatting with him about PC conf all last week knew that these must have been PC consultants so had to tell me about it.

Things that make you go hmmmm.......

I think Radio Hosts exaggerate and say alot of things for effect.
There is a little bit of "shock jock" in all of them!

Although, I know that many consultants were extremely excited to get to conference!:D

Sounds more like typical rookie, or infrequent, travelers.I'm sure none of them were Cheffers or they'd know better.

When I flew home from Dallas (Leadership 2007), there was a decent sized group of us, and we were joking around with the gate agent. He was playing along and having us hoot and holler. I think the other passengers were a little nervous that we'd be that obnoxious on the plane. But we were all well-behaved when it came time to board.

I think one of those rude women was at my table for New Director Breakfast! When it came time for us to have our picture made with Jean and Marla - and this was after we were already posed - she realized that I would be standing next to Jean, so she got in front of me and said "I WANT TO STAND NEXT TO JEAN" and she would not budge! What a beeotch! I wasn't about to make a scene so my 'eyes' told her exactly what I thought of her and where to go! then when we got back to our table, I was having my picture made with Janine Davis and she offered to take it for me. I just looked at her and said "I don't need anything from you, thanks". Some people! Oh, and she was one of the new directors who wore a cocktail dress (w/o a bra!), tiara, and red sash with 'director' written in glitter (totally appropriate for her, I think that explains it all)....grr what a beeotch! What's the big deal about standing next to Jean and Marla anyhow? It's not like they are going to look back at the photo and remember any of us. Now, when I promote to an upper level director and start earning TPC....then they will know exactly WHO I AM!!!!!!! Oh, some people!

I think it's hilarious that you call them the Clucker Cluster. But it takes all kinds to make the world go round (or try to reverse it...as many seem to do)...We'll claim you on here KG......and yes Linda, they won't remember her unless they remember her rudeness.I would have had a hard time not looking directly at her and asking if she was 3 years old because my 4 year old is definitely more mature and better at sharing.:)

Here's me and my new bff Janine! She is so nice and down to earth.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/091.jpg

janetupnorth said:
I.......I would have had a hard time not looking directly at her and asking if she was 3 years old because my 4 year old is definitely more mature and better at sharing.

:)

I'll have to remember that one!

Oh man! I had an experience at the Sheraton that made me glad I wasn't wearing PC wear at the time. My flight got in really early on Sunday morning and I headed over to the Sheraton - got there around 11:30. Told me they would call me when there was a room available. So I shopped down Michigan Avenue for awhile and came back to the hotel around 2:00 thinking my room would be ready. Anyway, it wasn't so I just planted myself with a book in the lobby. Well, this woman was up there and wanted her room and wanted it right then. She started screaming and yelling - I heard the "f" word and she called the woman a b!tch as she was walking away. Her friends were trying to calm her down but she was slamming stuff down on a chair and all kinds of stuff. She was wearing a PC shirt and had all kinds of bags with PC all over it. I was mortified!!!

Kimmie said:
Oh man! I had an experience at the Sheraton that made me glad I wasn't wearing PC wear at the time. My flight got in really early on Sunday morning and I headed over to the Sheraton - got there around 11:30. Told me they would call me when there was a room available. So I shopped down Michigan Avenue for awhile and came back to the hotel around 2:00 thinking my room would be ready. Anyway, it wasn't so I just planted myself with a book in the lobby. Well, this woman was up there and wanted her room and wanted it right then. She started screaming and yelling - I heard the "f" word and she called the woman a b!tch as she was walking away. Her friends were trying to calm her down but she was slamming stuff down on a chair and all kinds of stuff. She was wearing a PC shirt and had all kinds of bags with PC all over it. I was mortified!!!

I would have been too:eek:! I also think I would have been compelled to go and apologize for PC to everyone she screamed at......she obviously has issues - and no class.

Oh, I bet she was the same lady in the airport that was not too happy about her flight being cancelled! I wouldn't have been happy either, but do people really think that a gate agent has the power to summon a new airplane?

There were people like that at the Palmer House too_One had a reservation that DID NOT specify non-smoking and they didn't bother to check then were yelling at the hotel for trying to put them in a smoking room when someone has asthma.I can't handle smoking rooms so I ALWAYS check my reservation. One time I got stuck in one on a business trip for the above reasons and got sick but I sucked it up (no pun intended).It isn't the poor desk clerk's fault.Now when the desk clerk puts a double hold on someone's card, well that is their fault...

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, I bet she was the same lady in the airport that was not too happy about her flight being cancelled! I wouldn't have been happy either, but do people really think that a gate agent has the power to summon a new airplane?

I keep saying the main thing wrong with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Rather than breaking the cycle and having a positive attitude on life and how to treat people, these people instill these same selfish, illogical attitudes in their children.

Rookie or infrequent travelers. They stand out and drive the seasoned travelers crazy.You also have to wonder how they manage to get along in a people business like this one. We've already had discussions about how there are no prerequisites for being promoted to director.

At my Farmer's Market Sunday, I spoke to 2 differnt men who worked in some capacity during our conference. 1 man worked at McCormick Place, and 1 worked at the Shereton, and both said for the most part, they really enjoy the PC consultants during conference, but there are some, and really give the rest of us a bad name.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Rookie or infrequent travelers. They stand out and drive the seasoned travelers crazy.
You also have to wonder how they manage to get along in a people business like this one. We've already had discussions about how there are no prerequisites for being promoted to director.

I don't even get me started!!! I'm always the first to "speak" to those types when they get out of line. I nice walk over and very calm peaceful "you really look like an winner right now" usually works.
DH doesn't like it but I have worked WAY too long in customer service to put up with it.

pamperedlinda said:
I think one of those rude women was at my table for New Director Breakfast! When it came time for us to have our picture made with Jean and Marla - and this was after we were already posed - she realized that I would be standing next to Jean, so she got in front of me and said "I WANT TO STAND NEXT TO JEAN" and she would not budge! What a beeotch! I wasn't about to make a scene so my 'eyes' told her exactly what I thought of her and where to go! then when we got back to our table, I was having my picture made with Janine Davis and she offered to take it for me. I just looked at her and said "I don't need anything from you, thanks". Some people! Oh, and she was one of the new directors who wore a cocktail dress (w/o a bra!), tiara, and red sash with 'director' written in glitter (totally appropriate for her, I think that explains it all)....grr what a beeotch! What's the big deal about standing next to Jean and Marla anyhow? It's not like they are going to look back at the photo and remember any of us. Now, when I promote to an upper level director and start earning TPC....then they will know exactly WHO I AM!!!!!!! Oh, some people!

Gotta wonder what Jean was thinking during this episode... I wonder how many times during these photo-ops she wishes she could fire consultants.

Another consultant and I reached the door at the same time. We were using the stairs, so it wasn't a crowded area. We weren't holding others up. We did the whole Chip & Dale thing of "After you." "Oh, no, after you!"As both of us were chuckling, a woman came barreling down the stairs and practically shouted, "Well, one of you go!" before rushing on through herself. (Frankly, I was afraid to go through before her. I'm fairly certain she would have knocked me onto my sizable behind.)The other consultant said, "She's a director." I chose not to respond with anything more than a sad shaking of my head. I encountered the same "director" later. She was rude then, too. I guess it just goes to show that anyone can do PC.

rennea said:
I don't even get me started!!! I'm always the first to "speak" to those types when they get out of line. I nice walk over and very calm peaceful "you really look like an winner right now" usually works.
DH doesn't like it but I have worked WAY too long in customer service to put up with it.

I love that! I think I'll steal it.

raebates said:
Another consultant and I reached the door at the same time. We were using the stairs, so it wasn't a crowded area. We weren't holding others up. We did the whole Chip & Dale thing of "After you." "Oh, no, after you!"

As both of us were chuckling, a woman came barreling down the stairs and practically shouted, "Well, one of you go!" before rushing on through herself. (Frankly, I was afraid to go through before her. I'm fairly certain she would have knocked me onto my sizable behind.)

The other consultant said, "She's a director."

I chose not to respond with anything more than a sad shaking of my head. I encountered the same "director" later. She was rude then, too. I guess it just goes to show that anyone can do PC.

The director of the Clucker Cluster also suffers from the syndrome I call "I'M a director and YOU'RE not."

Any idiot can become a director but it takes someone special to be a leader.

Well said, KG!

Ooh, got to love those types...there is one of those in town. She's scared away many a consultant!I do have to thank her because I've gained a few customers. The former consultants recommend me so they don't have to deal with her. :)

pamperedlinda said:

I wonder if that was my director LOL... and it could have been most of my cluster that was shoving their way to the front...sounds just like them (well all but one of them) How sad!

Sorry you ran into a poopy lady, Linda...want me to go bust her kneecaps for you? Cause I will! :)

Thanks Kacey. She'll get her just desserts one day....probably sooner than later with that attitude.

Kacey to bust kneecaps...Rae to kick ankles...Sorry, I can't reach anything without a bat. ;)

Janet, isn't it hard to catch a bat? They are only out at night and are fast!

BethCooks4U said:
I love that! I think I'll steal it.

By all means please do Beth. I find a lot of people stop and think when you point out their actions.

Some don't those one's should be kicked, smacked, or scratched. j/k:p

raebates said:
The other consultant said, "She's a director."

I chose not to respond with anything more than a sad shaking of my head. I encountered the same "director" later. She was rude then, too. I guess it just goes to show that anyone can do PC.

Was she wearing her name badge?

ignore_badge.jpg

1. What is the "Some Kitchen Conference" mentioned in the story?

The "Some Kitchen Conference" is a professional conference for women in the kitchen and cooking industry.

2. Why were there so many women traveling to Chicago for this conference?

Many women in the kitchen and cooking industry attend this conference to network, learn about new products, and attend workshops and seminars.

3. What did the radio talk guy notice about the airport boarding process?

The radio talk guy noticed that the boarding process for the flight to Chicago was chaotic and disorganized.

4. Who did the radio talk guy believe were the cause of the chaos during boarding?

The radio talk guy believed that the women attending the "Some Kitchen Conference" were the ones causing chaos during the boarding process.

5. What was the radio talk guy's opinion on the behavior of the women at the airport?

The radio talk guy found the behavior of the women trying to board the plane to be rude and inconsiderate, as they were pushing and shoving their way to the front of the line.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Jessamary
  • General Chat
Replies