• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Funny Bridal Shower Story: Uncle's Misunderstood Gift Surprise

buy me a nice dinner. hahahaThat's why a man should never use a credit card to buy his wife's Mother's Day gift. LOL!OMG I certianly hope she didn't cancel her card!! that would make it worse. I do believe she will forgive him though on Sunday when she receiveds her awesome gift. Thank you for the laugh!!OMG I certianly hope she didn't cancel her card!! that would make it worse. I do believe she will forgive him though on Sunday when she receiveds her awesome gift. Thank you for the laugh!!
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I posted about my drunk bridal shower that was a few weeks ago. During the shower, the bride's uncle (her mom's brother) sneaks up to me and says "I want to order this as a surprise for my wife, don't want to her to know. How can I do that without filling anything out or signing?" I looked down at the catalog he was holding and it was the 7 piece set of stainless cookware (the most expensive thing in the catalog). I just told him to hand over his credit card - wow, people are very trusting! When the bride found out she was beside herself thinking her uncle was so nice to do that for his wife!

Fast forward to yesterday, I get a call on my cell phone. At first I wasn't aware of who it was because when the wife filled out the order for the shower, she used her husband's name. She said that she was over charged by PC and wanted to see what she could do about it. At first I thought it was another case of when HO was accidentally double charging people. And then she said "I could have sworn I paid by check for the bride's order". As soon as she told me the charge was over $500 I remembered what it was! :eek: Normally I don't lie very well... but she had thrown me off from the begining that it was very easy to tell her that I would check with our HO and let her know.

I got off the phone with her and was trying to figure out what to do! I didn't want to ruin the surprise but because I was at work I didn't have any way to get a hold of anyone. Finally I emailed the bride's mom and told her what was going on. She said she would talk with her brother.

So I find out this morning from the bride's mom that the uncle's wife is totally beside herself. She thinks someone stole their credit card out of her purse at the party and used it to pay for an order! She's trying to figure out how because she doesn't think any of the people that were there would do anything. Apparently the uncle thinks it's funny! The uncle asked the wife what I said - which she replied that I would contact HO to figure it out. So he said just give the gal a couple days... Sunday is Mother's Day so he was planning on giving it to her then.

Wow! Talk about crazy! Just had to share!

That's why a man should never use a credit card to buy his wife's Mother's Day gift. LOL!

OMG I certianly hope she didn't cancel her card!! that would make it worse. I do believe she will forgive him though on Sunday when she receiveds her awesome gift. Thank you for the laugh!!

Shell Northway said:
OMG I certianly hope she didn't cancel her card!! that would make it worse. I do believe she will forgive him though on Sunday when she receiveds her awesome gift. Thank you for the laugh!!

I was more worried that she would dispute the charge! I told the bride's mom I'm sure she will be very red faced on Sunday.

I do think I got my first grey hair over this!

wadesgirl said:
I was more worried that she would dispute the charge! I told the bride's mom I'm sure she will be very red faced on Sunday.

I do think I got my first grey hair over this!

If she were to do that, the hubby would have to come clean, it wouldn't reflect badly on you. What an awkward position to put you in. Good thing you can lean on the fact that the weekend is coming and it might take until Monday to resolve.

Ths is why I'm glad we're on the Dave Ramsey system for our budget. We have a set amount available for gifts, and DH gets to spend out of that. He's using the check card to do it, but since every dollar is already planned, I don't have to worry about checking the checking account and worry about seeing where he spent money and ruin my birthday present surprises before I get them.

I make sure The Furry Guy is armed with cash in the amount we've budgeted in plenty of time to buy me something. When I told him about this he was shocked that someone would spend that much on a gift. We generally do small things. Then he pointed out that, since I handle all of the finances, he'd never be able to do something like that anyway.

raebates said:
I make sure The Furry Guy is armed with cash in the amount we've budgeted in plenty of time to buy me something. When I told him about this he was shocked that someone would spend that much on a gift. We generally do small things. Then he pointed out that, since I handle all of the finances, he'd never be able to do something like that anyway.

He also wants to eventually buy her the knife block set!

It should be reassuring to the wife once she finds out what happened. Her husband is obviously not good at being deceptive. There's no way he would cheat on her since he didn't think about her seeing the credit card bill.

She may put the kabosh on the knive block set purchase since she knows how much he spent on the cookware set.

Have you given her a call back to let her know that it's going to take the finance department a couple of days to get back to you (which is legit based on my double charge experience)? Tell her you should know something by Monday. That way she's not in a total panic for days and days, as amusing as her husband finds this.

OMG! I would have been so hard pressed not to laugh while on the phone with her! Good job keeping that secret!

pampered1224 said:
OMG! I would have been so hard pressed not to laugh while on the phone with her! Good job keeping that secret!
That's what I thought after I got off the phone! I'm not a good liar! Never have been!

Becca_in_MD said:
It should be reassuring to the wife once she finds out what happened. Her husband is obviously not good at being deceptive. There's no way he would cheat on her since he didn't think about her seeing the credit card bill.

She may put the kabosh on the knive block set purchase since she knows how much he spent on the cookware set.

Have you given her a call back to let her know that it's going to take the finance department a couple of days to get back to you (which is legit based on my double charge experience)? Tell her you should know something by Monday. That way she's not in a total panic for days and days, as amusing as her husband finds this.

When I talked to the bride's mom today she said not to worry about it, the uncle told his wife that it could take a couple days to figure out! Not sure if I could pull off having to call her back!

I can't wait to hear how she reacts...please post the update!

I think you should call her and tell her PC will reverse the charges (think of it not as lying, but that if she doens't like the cookware, she can return it for a refund!) but that they wont' be able to do so until next week.

raebates said:

Besides, he'd just make a set of cookware out of an old stainless steel bottling machine that he bought at the auction of a bankrupt brewery.

What is the "Funny Story to Share" product?

The "Funny Story to Share" product is a collection of humorous anecdotes and jokes that can be used for entertainment or as conversation starters. It is a great addition to any gathering or party, and can also be used as a gift for friends and family.

Can I customize the "Funny Story to Share" with my own stories?

Unfortunately, the "Funny Story to Share" product is pre-packaged and cannot be customized with personal stories. However, we do offer a variety of other products that allow for personalization, such as recipe books and kitchen tools.

Are the stories appropriate for all ages?

While we strive to include stories that are suitable for all ages, some may contain mature themes or language. We recommend reviewing the product before sharing it with children or sensitive individuals.

Do the stories come in different formats?

The "Funny Story to Share" product is currently only available in a physical book format. However, we are constantly expanding our product line and may offer digital versions in the future.

Can I return the "Funny Story to Share" if I am not satisfied?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products, including the "Funny Story to Share". If you are not happy with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • colegrovet
  • General Chat
Replies