• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dh Does Not Want Me to Do Pampered Chef!

In summary, a group of individuals are discussing their experiences with promoting their business while also balancing their personal lives. One individual expresses frustration with their spouse's lack of support and understanding, while another suggests setting boundaries and rules for their business. The conversation turns to finding a balance and reassuring their loved ones that they are still a priority.
cewcooks
Hi all

Sorry I need to vent a little. :cry: Since last summer, (been doin pc for 3 years now) I have wanted to take the leap and promote to dir etc. I love PC the products, having my own biz and freedom to call it mine. Hubby says he does not like me leaving while he sits at home, doesn't think it's worth it, blah, blah, negative negative. Does he not care that this is what I like:grumpy: He doesn't really like to socialize he's a quiet person and conservative, we have a great time together and I am the opposite but sometimes he rubs me wrong I like to socialize and I like my biz. I'm not sure what I can do to make him see that it's ok.

I even offered to get Doris' hubby's book for hubby's but his comment was Why would I want that!

Thanks for listening! I can't believe I feel like this today and my neighbor gave us preview tickets to see the new Batman movie in DC at the premiere event, that's awesome but when he said that I don't even want to go now b/c he made me mad!

Thanks for listening.

DH and I have gone back and forth about this very thing before. We finally nailed it down and have three rules that pertain to my business. For backround...he is a Marine so his career is our lifeline and will come first until he retires.
Rule #1-PC does not come before family. If shows are already booked and something comes up..he picks it up, I don't re-schedule.
Rule #2-PC does not take over our home. This one was harder to follow in a small house but I have a working office space that gets put away after work.
Rule #3-PC does not take from our income. If PC needs something, it comes from PC money..period.

These rules have really helped us to make sure that we both get thos most out of my business.

So sorry your DH feels that way....that totally sucks! So, do you do PC as a full time job or as a hobby? Does he see that you are contributing to the family? Too bad he wouldn't realize that if it makes you happy, then he should be happy letting you do it!

I'm not in that boat, so I can't really offer any advice, but I'll be praying for your DH to come to his senses!! ;)

Are we married to the same guy???

Seriously, mine is not quite so negative most of the time anyway. He has had moments!!!

We sat down and had a talk and even though I had to listen to some things I did not want to it has helped. I try more to focus my time where it needs to be.

Anyhow, you are not alone.....

It will get better!

Well maybe your husband needs to be reminded that he is important to you and that you enjoy being with him more than you enjoy doing PC.
Sometimes men feel threatened by things that seem to make their wives happy and might think that they are being replaced.
Reassure him that this biz is perfect for you and will bring in the income you really want. Maybe use your commission to get him a little something (unless it's being used to pay some important bills). But sit with him and tell him your goals for your business, tell him how much you plan to earn a month, how many parties you plan to have, and how often you will be gone. Maybe including him in everything and really giving him a good idea as to how often you will be gone, might help him relax. Since he is quiet and not very social, you might be the only outlet he has to the outside world. You know going out and doing things together.
Does he have any good friends he could make plans with on those nights? Or maybe a hobby you could help him step up an extra notch when you are gone?
I am so sorry you feel sad right now. Forgive him and enjoy your movie.
Debbie :D

My DH used to be like that. I would leave him with my kids and as i was walking out the door he would say hurry home and would grumble about me being gone. He finally stopped saying that kind of stuff when I basically pay for every vacation we do and for our Christmas. Good luck with your DH.

I think Debbie hit the nail on the head! He needs to understand that he is important to you...more important than PC. I think going to the movie and having a nice chat in the car on the way will help YOU get over these hard feelings.....

what did it for my DH was for me to earn a trip! I put it out in front of the whole family that we could ALL benefit from the Disney trip a few years back if I earned it rather than paid full price for us to go. Once Dh saw what a great company this is, he is SO much more supportive!

I agree with Debbie...and it is a balance. My DH used to sort of resent the time I spent on PC - but he was right, I was always doing something PC. I have put limits on the time I spend with PC stuff, and also, as my business has grown, and I have been able to pay some bills and also extras for us - vacations, birthdays, Christmas, date nights - he has seen it as a viable business. And this year, I am solidly on track for the Miami Beach Trip...so he is being very supportive!:D

I think, if it's going to be a hobby, you need to be very careful that it doesn't consume all of your time - any hobby has a tendency to do that if not managed properly.

If you are looking at it as a job - then set work times, and family times, and couple times - and don't let PC intrude on the times you have set aside for non-PC activities.

Erin- your rules sound great! Tell DH if he ever gets cranky about you doing PC that kitchen dvia would perish if you ever left PC! :) LOL

Thank You guys sooo much and you are all right Pc is not my fulltime job but I like it to be and during the school year I teach so it can be pretty busy. I will have to keep in mind all the wonderful tips you have all offered!!!!

1. Why doesn't my partner want me to do Pampered Chef?

There could be a variety of reasons why your partner may not want you to do Pampered Chef. Some common concerns may include financial investment, time commitment, or potential strain on your relationship if it becomes a source of conflict. It's important to have an open and honest conversation with your partner to address any concerns and find a solution that works for both of you.

2. How can I convince my partner to let me do Pampered Chef?

The best way to convince your partner is through open communication and addressing their concerns. Show them the potential benefits of joining Pampered Chef, such as additional income or personal development. You can also offer to involve them in the business or come up with a compromise that works for both of you.

3. What if my partner doesn't support my decision to do Pampered Chef?

It's important to have your partner's support in any decision you make. If they don't support your decision to do Pampered Chef, take some time to discuss their concerns and try to find a compromise. If they still don't support you, it's up to you to decide if the benefits of joining Pampered Chef outweigh any potential strain on your relationship.

4. Will doing Pampered Chef affect our finances?

As with any business venture, there is always a risk of financial investment. It's important to have a clear understanding of the costs and potential earnings before joining Pampered Chef. Discuss with your partner and come up with a financial plan that works for both of you.

5. Can I still do Pampered Chef if my partner doesn't want me to?

Ultimately, the decision to join Pampered Chef is up to you. However, it's important to consider the impact it may have on your relationship if your partner does not support your decision. It's best to have an open and honest conversation with your partner and come to a mutual agreement. If necessary, you can also seek support from other Pampered Chef consultants or your upline for advice on how to handle the situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
TrishPCMommy
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pamperedalf