• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Pampered Chef - How Do You Negatively Reply to a Job Offer?

Congratulations on completing your studies and keeping your head down through all of this. You're going to be a great asset to any company.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I am graduating so to speak next week from the tech school I have attended since December of last year. However, I am getting job offers that do not encompass my studies. I did not study for database creation nor do I know anything about web design. Funny thing to get job offers for these things as I can barely navigate websites at times. And to be honest, it is not something I am really all that interested in. Now, here is my question. Do I reply with a negative or should I be more open minded? I am 50. I have only extended the knowledge base I have worked with for the last 24 years. I do know that web design in particular can be a real money maker. I guess maybe too that I am scared to death about getting into something I can not handle. I totally hate looking the fool when it comes to a job. As you all know, not so much out here though! You all can not fire me though although I am sure there have been times when it crossed your minds. Do I stay safe or not? Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

First off, congratulations on your finishing your tech school! :) And...congrats on getting job offers! It's kind of a good problem to have I guess, right?! ;) I'm curious how the employers are finding you and offering you a job if your education doesn't fit the job type? I wonder if they will provide training and so are looking for people with the skill set you do have?

Are these offers for jobs or for interviews? If they are interviews I'd go. It would give you practice with the interview process and who knows? They could be looking for someone like you somewhere else in the company. Be honest about your concerns and ask the interviewer for referrals.

I agree with Beth 100%!!! Get a couple of practice interviews under your belt so you'll be ready for the real deal!! Congratulations and Good Luck!

What they said!

And, if during the interview, they mention something that appeals to you even a little, ask more about it and explore how your skills, knowledge and past work experience could be the right fit for them and you. You can always turn down the job offer if it's really not what you're looking for at this time and most potential bosses will appreciate your honesty.

And, most important of all CONGRATULATIONS ON COMPLETING YOUR COURSES! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Thanks and here is the real issue. I figured out I am just scared! But the school, I found out is who sent the resumes out! So, I have to assume they know what they are doing and it was explained to me that the one "call" is about a part time position and that it is really one job that they are willing to divide in half. One part for the stuff I know and one part for one of the other guys who knows database. Amy, the lady who sets all these interviews up said they would not have contacted me if they did not see something. So... And yes, it is still good practice. So I am going to sit down tomorrow, check out the questionnaire they sent and go from there.

Go John!!! C'mon, where's all that confidence? You're on the right track with going to school, etc. We have faith in you! Great advice from the other folks here. Now we expect a nice update about the good and the bad of the interview. Go back and think about what you have liked and disliked about previous jobs so that you have a sense of what you're looking for in an employer and position.

You're question's been answered, so I'll simply offer my congratulations. Congratulations! I knew you'd be in demand once you had your training. It's amazing how many doors that degree will open.

Well, I completed the recruiter's 8 question logic test. You know the ones, the ones that look like random numbers and you figure out what number comes next. Then some like this 13=13w/(1-w) so 2w-2-? w = .5 so ? = -1. Yikes. I got 6 of 8 correct. Did that Wednesday. Have not heard anything yet but figure that will happen next week.
However, I completed all my course studies as of today. Now, I do a full review of the 291 stuff, take the final and then the vendor exam. And hopefully I will be working soon! Thanks everyone for your support!

I'm so happy for you, John.

Related to Not Pampered Chef - How Do You Negatively Reply to a Job Offer?

1. How do I politely decline a job offer?

To politely decline a job offer, you can thank the employer for the offer and express your appreciation for their time and consideration. Let them know that you have carefully considered the offer but have decided to pursue other opportunities that align better with your career goals.

2. Should I give a reason for declining a job offer?

It is not necessary to give a reason for declining a job offer, but it can be helpful to provide a brief explanation if you have a good relationship with the employer. This can help maintain a positive connection for future opportunities.

3. How do I respond to a job offer if I have already accepted another offer?

If you have already accepted another job offer, it is important to be honest and transparent with the employer who made the offer. You can let them know that you have accepted a different opportunity and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

4. How do I decline a job offer without burning bridges?

To decline a job offer without burning bridges, it is important to be polite, professional, and grateful for the offer. You can also offer to keep in touch and express your interest in future opportunities with the company.

5. How do I decline a job offer if I am still interested in the company?

If you are still interested in the company but not the specific job offer, you can let the employer know that you appreciate the offer but would like to keep in touch for any future opportunities that may arise. This shows your continued interest in the company and leaves the door open for potential future employment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies