• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Refer to Pampered Chef When Chatting With Others?

In summary, the expert summarizer tells us that they have a full-time job as a training designer, but also view their work as a business, and that they find it difficult to refer to their work as "training" and their work as "selling PC products." They suggest alternatives to simply saying "I sell PC products," such as saying that they are a special education teacher and an independent consultant. They also advise listening for complaints about people's jobs and then going after the consultants who have them.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hi -

I have a full-time job as a training designer, but I also view PC as a business. I still struggle with how to refer to each job in relation to each other. Is training my primary job and PC my side hustle?

How do you say it?

When I talk about PC, I just say I sell it. Sometimes I say my daytime job is meeting planning, and I sell Pampered Chef in between.

I tell people I own two businesses. I have a bookkeeping business and I am also a Pampered Chef consultant.

I give both businesses equal footing because they both bring in about the same amount of money for me and they are both equally as important to me.

I have a hard time mentioning PC to people when I am out and about. I am glad that you started this thread.

Me too.
I work in the billing dept at a hospital so I really do not talk to the outside world( hehehe, I sit in a cubicle) So I also wonder how to approach people about pc.

I generally mention PC in the beginning when people ask me what I do. It's something along the lines of...
"I'm a student (who will be graduating in MAY!!), I party for a living selling Pampered Chef, I'm an executive assistant and bookkeeper and I also sell random things on ebay (these things do NOT include PC products) and make hula hoops."One of these days someone is going to bite on the "party for a living" thing, I just know it :) As far as brining it up. I'm really good at always having a catalog sticking out of my purse and right now I have one of our help whip cancer pins attached to my purse and sometimes wear one on my shirt as well. This helps strike up conversation.

I just saw this thread and was hoping to get a little more feedback. Anytime someone asks me "what do you do?" i say "I sell pampered chef" I think they get turned off by the word SELL.

How else could I turn the phrase around ?

I tell people I am a special education teacher and an independent consultant for Pampered Chef.

"I teach people how to have fun and save money in the kitchen!"

I had 2 situations this weekend talking about PC to complete strangers. Now anyone that knows me, knows I can talk to anyone! So I was at Walmart and there was a lady letting people try beef jerky, I stopped to look, but decided I better not. She asked me if I would like to try some and I told her that I would love to (I could eat the whole bag) , but I get terrible migraines from it. I said thats why I don't do this kind of job......i would eat all the merchandise. She asked me what I did and I asked if she was familiar with PC. She said she was and needed some replacement parts. I got her name and number and told her I would call her with info. The other I was at Michaels and a lady and her daughter were in front of me. They were buying stuff to make "save th date" cards. I was trying to get up the nerve to say something, but couldn't come up with anything! So I guess God took pity on me and gave me a minute.....the cashier was new and didn't know what she was doing. So I finally said "Looks like you guys are getting ready for a big day!" They said that they were, but not for a year. I said I had just gotten married 1 1/2 years ago. She asked if I had any advice. I said to relax and enjoy....everything probably won't go perfect, but no one will know. She laughed. I asked if they were familiar with PC's Wedding registry. They weren't, but may be something they would look into. The Mother said she had just gone to a party a month ago, but was looking for a local consultant. I gave her my card and got her email addy to get some info off to her for the wedding registry. So you can do it! Some people may think you are strange, but oh well. You can get some great leads this way! Goodluck all!

I listen for complaints about people's jobs and invite them to come to work with me.
The food vendors at Walmart and Sam's, I tell them that I do what they do except that I am showing off the tools instead of the food.
I go hard after x consultants. I re recruited one and am working on another.
My Director advised us to come up with a 10 second commercial about ourselves and practice it until it becomes natural.

sfdavis918 said:
I tell people I own two businesses. I have a bookkeeping business and I am also a Pampered Chef consultant.

I give both businesses equal footing because they both bring in about the same amount of money for me and they are both equally as important to me.
I do the exact same thing, bookeeping and TPC! Except my bookeeping pays more per month. Guess I need to step up my show schedule to make them equal lol!?!:love: :chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
"I teach people how to have fun and save money in the kitchen!"
Just as I was going to suggest...

"I help others make mealtime preparation quick, easy and fun!!!"

Then they come back with, "really, how do you do that?"

Then you can drop the bomb!

"Are you familiar with TPC? Well, I help others earn FREE kitchen tools, teach them how to use them and we have so much fun fixing quick and easy recipes!"

vwpamperedchef said:
I just saw this thread and was hoping to get a little more feedback. Anytime someone asks me "what do you do?" i say "I sell pampered chef" I think they get turned off by the word SELL.

How else could I turn the phrase around ?

Funny this should come up today.

My networking meeting this am.. the educational moment was about not using the work "sell" when we first describe ourselves. Let me see, what did I say...oh yes, here it is:

I help people stock their kitchens with products that are not only quaranteed, but actually work!

Related to How Do You Refer to Pampered Chef When Chatting With Others?

1. How do I refer to Pampered Chef when talking to others?

You can refer to Pampered Chef as either "Pampered Chef" or "PC" when chatting with others.

2. Is there a specific way to mention Pampered Chef in conversation?

There is no specific way to mention Pampered Chef in conversation, as long as you are using the correct name and not a variation or abbreviation.

3. Can I use the Pampered Chef logo when referring to the company?

Yes, you can use the Pampered Chef logo when referring to the company, as long as it is not altered or used in a way that may be misleading or damaging to the company.

4. Should I mention that I work for Pampered Chef when chatting with others?

It is not necessary to mention that you work for Pampered Chef when chatting with others, unless it is relevant to the conversation or you are discussing a specific product or event related to the company.

5. Can I use the Pampered Chef name for my own business or personal use?

No, the Pampered Chef name and logo are trademarked and should not be used for personal or business purposes without permission from the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies