• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with Open House Results - How Can I Succeed?

In summary, Milkangel had an open house and not one person came. She also had a cd from her new director and a recruiter. She has been having a lot of doubts lately and her business has not been doing well. She recommends that people listen to the cd and her husband has told her that as long as she has fun it is worth it.
milkangel
Ijust had my first open house today and we had moved so i thought more people would come but no only 2 came and i sent out 68 invites plus on facebook another 120. i got no orders but a talk about a bridal shower catalog show for eather nov or dec. I had a few out side orders come in but will get more soon. I dont know how much longet i can go on with only having booths for my cooking shows? no one want to try a cooking show they r eather to busy or what not but not to busy for catalog. i cant get cooking shows at all i only had 2 live cooking shows thats it over the past year. WOw i know. it sucks. I am aboutto give up even tho i know i would feel i failed again the second time around and i would talk to my hubby but he would get so negative about all of this and than he gets me negative about it than its hard to get past it. I know i can do this and be good but HOW? thanks for listening.

This is a safe place to vent. I don't know what to tell you about booking live shows except to suggest you do the online training. Yes, it's the basics, but sometimes it just takes that one "oh, I forgot about that" idea to turn things around.

milkangel, I have read your past posts from before, and I sympathize. I have decided I am not cut out for direct selling and am closing down my PC business. I am not the sort of person to go out and ask for business all the time. I did booths and got bookings, but would clam up at shows if I was having a certain type of day - haha, I might be bipolar. My favorite type of show is where 3 people show up and I get to know them, but unfortunately that is not how PC is set up to make regular money for paying bills.I wish you the best of luck, but I don't have any better advice than what you got the last go round.

I had a fall open house back in October, and not ONE person came. I only got a couple of outside orders too, and the three of them together were not even enough to make a show.

It can be very frustrating at times. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that it is not just you, it is happening to other consultants as well. I don't have anything on my calendar this month (maybe that's actually a good thing since I have been sick).

i hae gotten a cd from my new director and shes awsom and my new recruiter as well.they lift me back up again and the cd is from belinda ellsworth and it on step into success on recognizing and rising above self doubt witch we all do and i listen to its meany times and i did not realize that its not the people that i book its me thats causing this to happen. i needed to learn not just for the biz but for my everyday life that need to rise above the doubt we have. i recomend u listen to this too and my hubby came home he said as long as i had fun than its so worth it.

oh and sorry for the spelling

milkangel I hear ya!!! My biggest problem is me! It took me a while to figure it out, kept blaming my job I did, but it has been two years of a once every two months of catalog or a few cooking shows to keep my business alive BUT I NEED TO KICK IT UP!!! AND KICK MY OWN REAR END!!! We all do it at some point. And spelling! I retyped most of this three times!

1. How can I increase attendance at my open house?

One way to increase attendance at your open house is by promoting it through various channels such as social media, email marketing, and word of mouth. You can also offer incentives or discounts for attendees, collaborate with other businesses, or host the open house during a popular event in your area.

2. How can I make my open house more appealing to potential customers?

To make your open house more appealing, consider offering interactive demonstrations, free samples, or product giveaways. You can also create a welcoming atmosphere by providing refreshments and creating a visually appealing display of your products.

3. What can I do if I am not seeing enough sales at my open house?

If you are not seeing enough sales at your open house, try offering special promotions or discounts for attendees. You can also reach out to potential customers who were unable to attend and offer them a private consultation or virtual demonstration. Additionally, be sure to follow up with attendees after the event to remind them of any special offers and answer any questions they may have.

4. How can I stand out from other open houses in my area?

To stand out from other open houses, try offering a unique experience such as a themed event or partnering with a local celebrity or influencer. You can also differentiate yourself by providing exceptional customer service and going above and beyond to make your guests feel welcome.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when hosting an open house?

Some common mistakes to avoid when hosting an open house include not promoting the event enough, not having enough product on hand, and not engaging with attendees. It is also important to have a clear goal and plan for the event, as well as follow up with potential customers after the open house.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • jessinthekitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kathy's_Kitchen
Replies