• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Suggest Pampered Chef to My Unemployed Friend?

they can keep the kit. But if they don't make the investment back, she sells it back to the company and they get their money back plus a profit. So, if someone is not invested in the product, it is not going to work.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I have a friend who WAS until today in PartyLite. HE did not have good luck with it and he has been inactive for almost 4 months now. But I personally felt it was MOSTLY the products. They are so expensive and well, I can get candles and fancy holders any where. He is a little rough around the edges but I really do not think that was the major problem with his business. Now, he is unemployed and has not collect UI for several years now so he is completely broke. Here is my question. I think Pampered Chef might work for him. However, he can not and won't pay to find out. He got burned once. Now, should I suggest the change to PC and take on the $155 expense or no? Not that I can really afford it but...

John, that depends on how good a friend he is. I've offered it to a couple of extremely good friends. Neither would hear of it. But as long as you trust the guy and have a specific payback agreement with him .. go for it.

Thanks Dave. I thought about that. Pat reminded me that I did ask him when he was thinking about doing PartyLite. He said out and out no. But not because of the money but because he knows I do major business down there. He seems to think we both know all the same people down there. I know we don't so...

John, are you healthy enough, at this point in time, to take on the extra stress having him on your team might involve? I see you are listed as a Consultant, so perhaps he will be your first recruit. If you have a strong upper level that supports you, and would take on supporting him, maybe it will work. I cannot, personally, imagine having a friend refuse me once, and voice the concern about competing with me, want to accept "charity" to get him started. We have experienced a change in relationships with family when we become the "banker". We don't see those relatives from one end of the month to the next. Maybe they are afraid we will ask for repayment, or just feel uncomfortable with owing us. Do you want to sacrifice the friendship you now have to "save" him from his dilemma? I know this sounds negative but it is today's reality. Yes, we have a great deal to offer, but this man chose another DS company over ours, and could not make it work, and then has sat around for four months, according to your post. He would be a stronger candidate, in my mind, if he had come to you, and suggested he give PC a try.

OM! You are right! If and when he comes to me, then maybe I will put out the offer. We have been more like family for, get this, 33 years! I have known him longer than that though. And yes, money may become an issue as he and his sister always fight about money! So maybe I better just do an old CYA and just shut my mouth! OK. I know what to do. I am going to keep my mouth shut unless he asks. Mainly because it is not just me that would be on the line here. Him and his whole family and my entire family are very close. Heck I had put together his dad's funeral then two years later his mom's. I can not afford to loose that trust. And they all live down there, both families so... I would not need him spreading crap around there if something went wrong. And yes, he speaks before thinking so that possibility is there. Thanks!!!

Grandmarita said:
We have experienced a change in relationships with family when we become the "banker". We don't see those relatives from one end of the month to the next. Maybe they are afraid we will ask for repayment, or just feel uncomfortable with owing us.
Wise advice... thanks for sharing that.

I think you made the right decision. My recruiter paid for another friend to get the mini kit a few months ago and now she is inactive. I think it is because "she" did not have anything invested because it was not her money that was shelled out.

I agree that your decision is probably the best one.

Think of it this way: How invested is he in making it work, if he did not have to pay anything for it? My ED tells her recruits that if they do everything she coaches them to do, and submit $1250 in sales in their first 30 days, and don't make back the original investment on their kit, she'll reimburse them. Obviously, she never has to, beacuse we all know that with $1250 in sales, you'll make $250 (plus your PC$).

It's a big gamble to pay the way of family/friends. The relationship does change (speaking from experience)- for us, it took many YEARS before it was finally past us (we were the lenders...and would have been fine- except the money 2 months after giving them the money (as a loan) to get a vehicle out of collection, they bought a family vacation to Disneyworld- for that amount! It hurt.) If he comes to a point where he's talking about his options- be them PC or otherwise, he can always try hosting his own show, using the kit credit to reduce the cost, or make it his first show and pay for it with commission! You know the drill. :) Who knows...maybe another great recruiting incentive will be on the table at the time that happens- if it happens. All you can do is be supportive and available.

I agree with the others. Do NOT pay for someone else's kit. Someone quoted this just today:

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse."

If he wants to be a consultant he will find a way to get the start-up fee.

Thank you. I was feeling kinda guilty about my decision. Not any more!

1. How do I know which product is best for my needs?

The best way to determine which product is best for your needs is to consider your cooking habits and preferences. Are you looking for a specific tool or gadget to make a certain dish easier? Do you need a versatile product that can be used for multiple purposes? Our website and catalog have detailed descriptions and customer reviews to help you make an informed decision. You can also reach out to our customer service team for personalized recommendations.

2. Are Pampered Chef products dishwasher safe?

Many of our products are dishwasher safe, but it's always best to check the product description or packaging to be sure. Some products may have parts that are not safe for the dishwasher. We recommend hand washing our stoneware and knives to preserve their quality and durability.

3. Can I return or exchange a product if I'm not satisfied?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please note that personalized or used items may not be eligible for return or exchange.

4. How do I host a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is easy! Simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. They will work with you to plan a party that fits your schedule and preferences. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party.

5. Can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, we are always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team as consultants. You can visit our website to learn more about the consultant opportunity and fill out an application. Our consultants enjoy flexible schedules, training and support, and the opportunity to earn income and rewards while sharing their love for cooking and our products with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
TrishPCMommy
Replies
Views
raebates