• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have to Go Back to Work Tomorrow

In summary, Jennifer's husband went to the store and got her a gift. She cried on the way to work and when she got there her husband had left a note in the car. The note said that he was going to work and that she could do what she wanted today. She chose to swim with her kids.
jrstephens
Well, I cannot believe it has been 9 weeks since I had Cole. I have to go back to work tomorrow. I will work Wed and Thurs of this week and then go to my 3 days a week of Tues-Thurs next week. I am so thankful I am able to work only 3 days. Pray that our finances will be good with this!

I so dread having to leave Cole and Luke. I know a lot of you have been through this and know exactly how I feel. I thought it was bad going back after I had Luke but now it's like it is double bad leaving both of them. I know they will be very well taken care of. My parents will keep them on Wed and Thurs; and they will go to a wonderful sitter who keeps in her home on Tues.

Pray for me tomorrow and in the coming days as I get use to this! I was emotional yesterday about it plus Cole had his 2 month check up and had to get 4 shots. I am sure I will be emotional today and the rest of the week and next week for that matter!

I told Luke last night he could pick what he wants to do today since I have to go back to work tomorrow. He wants us to all go swimming - my inlaws have a pool, so, we will leave when Russell gets back from football weights late morning to go do that.

Thanks for "listening" and for your prayers that I know will come.

You'll be in my prayers.

Jennifer...I pray that the Lord gives you peace as you go back to work. Glad to hear that you aren't worried about WHERE they will be, and that they will be well taken care of! That has got to take a lot off of your mind!

{{{HUGS}}}

I know it's hard but you will make it through. You will be in my thoughts.

I'll be thinking about you! I hope everything goes smoothly.:)

I will also be thinking of you. Have a GREAT day today with everyone!

Oh Jen, I'm sorry you are feeling down about all this. I wish I lived closer then I would take care of those cute kiddos for you :) I will be thinking about you and hoping all goes well :) Have fun swimming today!! :)

Oh how I remember those days! I hated leaving my children as well. There are so many women who would love to stay home with their children full-time, but that is so hard to do these days.

I will be thinking of you and praying all goes well.

Take Care,

I remember what is was like to go back after 6 weeks each my two youngest DS were born.

You are strong so, you will make it. I will be thinking about you.

Good luck tomorrow...enjoy the kids today! It will be ok!

I know exactly how you feel. Please know that it will get easier. Expect the first 4 or 5 days back at work to be the hardest.

I've been back at work 6 weeks now. I went back to work the day Kailee turned 7 weeks and she turned 13 weeks today. I cried on the way to work (and at work!) the first few days.

Do whatever you can to make yourself feel more comfortable while you are at work. For example, I took video clips of Kailee on my cell phone and would watch them now and then at work when I started to get upset about being away from her. Put tons of pictures on your desk too! :)

Did you have fun swimming today?? :)

Hang in there Jennifer. I know how you feel, I went back when Ryan was 9 weeks old too..it did go too fast. Be very thankful you have them with your parents 2 of those days and a good sitter for the other. I know you will miss them, and they will miss you but it will be a good little break for all of you and they can bond with their grandparents :) And then you and your kids can cherish the days you spend together even more...at least that is how I got through it! Good luck! We are all here to support you and help you through it :)

Good luck today, Jennifer!

Let us know how it goes!

{{{HUGS}}}

Well, I am here. Russell had a gift sitting by my contacts this morning. He can be so sweet!

I have cried off and on all morning. Luke was crying when I left. Cole was taking a bottle.

When I got in the car Russell had put a note in it and had Luke draw on it.

I will be calling my mom in a little bit to check on them! I go to my parents for lunch on the days they have them, so, I will be seeing them in about 3 hours and 30 minutes...

AWWW.. well it sonds like your husband started your day off good, my husband would never think to be so sweet.
Hope you have a great day :)

One of my best friends just sent me flowers!

Wow! It sounds like your first day back is going pretty well then. I am glad to hear that. I hope it is making everything else just a little easier for you. Keep smiling! You'll be with your boys soon!

Sounds like your day is going. Enjoy seeing the boys at lunchtime! Hugs!

Jennifer,
*hugs* I know it's hard but it sounds like there are several people doing their best to make your day go well. That's wonderful for your husband to do those things and for your friend to send you flowers. Hope you have a wonderful day!
God bless,
Amanda

It's so nice that you have a great support system! Going back must be hard but remember you are doing this for you and your family. It's really to bad that maternity leave isn't longer in the US like it is here in Canada. Hope your day goes great for you :)

jrstephens said:
Well, I am here. Russell had a gift sitting by my contacts this morning. He can be so sweet!

I have cried off and on all morning. Luke was crying when I left. Cole was taking a bottle.

When I got in the car Russell had put a note in it and had Luke draw on it.

I will be calling my mom in a little bit to check on them! I go to my parents for lunch on the days they have them, so, I will be seeing them in about 3 hours and 30 minutes...

I'm sorry, but that is totally the sweetest thing I have ever heard! How cool that Russell is that in tune to your emotions and he wants to help make you feel better- and appreciates that you are working PT- so you get send off gifts and feel better, it'll be okay gifts!

Hug that man for me! He's a keeper!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm sorry, but that is totally the sweetest thing I have ever heard! How cool that Russell is that in tune to your emotions and he wants to help make you feel better- and appreciates that you are working PT- so you get send off gifts and feel better, it'll be okay gifts!

Hug that man for me! He's a keeper!!!

Ditto! What a sweetie!

Hope your day went well!

I went pretty good. I was still a little upset when I got home last night.

Things were better this morning. Luke was asleep, so, I did not have to tell him bye like yesterday with us both crying. He was so funny when I went home for lunch. He told me he wasn't going to cry for me when I left and if he did cry it would just cry for his dad!:D

Cole was eating when I left. He had woke up and I gave him a bath and got him ready.

My mom comes over and lets Luke sleep late and will get Cole ready for me too if he has not woke when she get there. I will have to get them up and take them to the sitter myself on Tuesday. I do have an amazing arrangment and parents!!!!

1. What can I do to make meal prep easier when I have to go back to work tomorrow?

One option is to use our meal prep tools, such as our cutting boards and food chopper, to save time and effort in the kitchen. You can also plan and prep meals ahead of time, such as on the weekends, to have them ready for the week.

2. How can I save time in the mornings before work?

Our microwave egg cooker and breakfast sandwich maker are great options for quick and easy breakfasts. You can also use our stackable meal prep containers to pack your lunch the night before and save time in the morning.

3. What are some healthy and convenient options for dinners after a long day of work?

We offer a variety of quick and healthy dinner recipes, as well as kitchen tools like our spiralizer and rice cooker, to make mealtime easier. You can also try using our meal prep containers to pack leftovers for a quick and easy dinner the next day.

4. How can I stay organized with my meal planning and grocery shopping?

Our meal planning sets and grocery list pads are great tools to help you stay organized. You can also use our online meal planning tool, which allows you to save recipes and create shopping lists.

5. What are some tips for balancing cooking and working full-time?

One tip is to utilize your slow cooker or Instant Pot for hands-off cooking while you work. You can also plan meals that use similar ingredients to save time and reduce food waste. And don't forget to take advantage of our meal prep and time-saving tools to make cooking more efficient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • jrstephens