• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Best Present You Have Ever Gotten?

In summary, the conversation revolves around memorable Christmas gifts. One person shares how they received an unexpected engagement ring wrap and another shares how their brother surprised them on Christmas Eve. The conversation also includes a funny story about receiving a jar of horseradish as a gift.
jrstephens
I thought I would start this as a counter-part to my other thread.

I have always wanted a "wrap" for my engagement ring, but we have never been able to afford one. I saw one on clearance that I loved and it was half price but still unaffordable. Well, two years ago on Christmas morning, I opened up a box and saw a "collection of history documentaries" (btw I HATE history and my history teacher husband knows this, so, I am like "what!" at this point). Well, there was a note in the end of the box I opened to tell me to look in the other end and IT WAS MY WRAP!!!! I cried I was so happy!!!!!

And when we got married there was a lady in our church that always crocheted the last names for people and she gave me one for our gift. I love this lady dearly like my own grandmother (actually more if you knew the relationship I had with my real one, ha!). And when Cole was born she gave him a handmade quilt with embroidered animals on it. I cried over it too at the shower! Her daughter had to do the animals b/c she has athritis too bad to do them herself. She has also done Luke and Cole crocheted names of their first name too. She told me the other day she ws worried b/c she did not do Luke a blanket when he was born but I assured her it was ok b/c he uses one that Russell grandmother did for Russell when he was little. I would not be surprised if Luke eventually got one though.

The best present I ever received....

I was working and in college in SC - and wasn't going to be able to come home for Christmas. I was so sad. All of my friends were leaving town for Christmas, and I was going to be all alone. Even my boss was going to be gone (Which is why I had to stay!). I was having a very hard time being by myself.

My big brother drove through a snow storm, and surprised me on Christmas Eve. :love: He was also a college student at MSU (Mich. State), and working - but was able to take some time off. It was a complete surprise, and I cried and cried. He had tickets for us to see MSU in the Fiesta Bowl on New Years Day, and he brought me all kinds of MSU regalia to wear to the game, plus gifts and Christmas goodies from my family.
That was the most special time - and I've had many wonderful, thoughtful gifts through the years, but that one sticks out as the most wonderful. He's a great big brother.

last year my bf bought me a space heater for my desk.
that might go under the other thread for things that you need but dont really want to open on christmas day. BUT - i hadnt ever asked for one even though i am always freezing at my desk. its one of my favorite presents because it was thoughtful & so totally me..

ChefBeckyD said:
The best present I ever received....

I was working and in college in SC - and wasn't going to be able to come home for Christmas. I was so sad. All of my friends were leaving town for Christmas, and I was going to be all alone. Even my boss was going to be gone (Which is why I had to stay!). I was having a very hard time being by myself.

My big brother drove through a snow storm, and surprised me on Christmas Eve. :love: He was also a college student at MSU (Mich. State), and working - but was able to take some time off. It was a complete surprise, and I cried and cried. He had tickets for us to see MSU in the Fiesta Bowl on New Years Day, and he brought me all kinds of MSU regalia to wear to the game, plus gifts and Christmas goodies from my family.
That was the most special time - and I've had many wonderful, thoughtful gifts through the years, but that one sticks out as the most wonderful. He's a great big brother.

That is awesome!!!

You know, of course, that the bad ones are much easier to remember than the good ones. LOL!I think one of my favorites was from my DS. He was in first grade. They had a Santa Shop for kids to buy little things for family members. He bought me "something to cook with, since you're a really good cook." What he thought was some "jelly or something" was a small jar of horseradish. i still have the empty jar. It took me a long time to use it up, but I love that he really thought it through.BTW, he's 22 and still good at thinking through gifts. He's just better at reading the labels now. ;)

The best present I ever got for Christmas was my Kitchenaid mixer. I bake a LOT and mine was on its last legs. I had been eyeing the ads for the Kitchenaid because I knew if I was going to replace my old Sunbeam Mixmaster, I wanted to go for quality. The day before Christmas Eve, my mixer died in mid-cookie-batch. I was in tears. DH took it out to the garage because it was pouring black smoke and he came in with a big white box with Kitchenaid on the side.

Easy-Bake Oven

I was really doubting Santa. And I just knew my parents would never buy me one. I woke up in the middle of the night to go potty, and I saw it sitting beside the tree (Santa didn't wrap gifts). All the lights on the tree were lit, and it was just pure magic for this little girl!

When I was 8 I really wanted a dollhouse. We didn't have a lot of money (although I never knew that growing up), so my dad hand-built a doll house and all the furniture for my younger sister and me. My mom told us later he worked on it for over 10 months. It was the best present ever. My sister and I would play for hours...

Dad's gone, but I still have almost all the furniture.

That's sweet.

The best present I ever got for Christmas was my Kitchenaid mixer. I bake a LOT and mine was on its last legs. I had been eyeing the ads for the Kitchenaid because I knew if I was going to replace my old Sunbeam Mixmaster, I wanted to go for quality. The day before Christmas Eve, my mixer died in mid-cookie-batch. I was in tears. DH took it out to the garage because it was pouring black smoke and he came in with a big white box with Kitchenaid on the side.

My Kitchenaid is the best present I've ever gotten as well! I am always able to figure my husband out - even when I don't want to! He had found an incredible deal for the mixer online & had it shipped to his mom's house. He even placed a tiny wrapped decoy box on top of a kitchen cabinet purposefully to throw me off. (I should have known, ha!) So, when he brought it out of the closet on my birthday, I was truly SHOCKED! :D It has become a staple in my kitchen...my only other favorite besides my Pampered Chef.

Does it have to be a Christmas gift??

The best present I ever got was on my 34th birthday! I gave birth to my beautiful daughter Jaclyn! To make it EVEN more special, I was my mother's 25th birthday present (best one she ever got!!!) so now my DD is MY best present and my MOM's second best present!!! (no pressure on my DD, she just has to have at least 4 children and make sure her 4th is born on the same day as all of us!! - I was my mom's 4th and Jaclyn was mine - wild huh!!)

Love reading these!

My BEST present(s) ever. I am a single mom and a HUGE Dave Matthews Band and Beatles fan. I had always wanted to go see DMB in concert, but as a single mom, just couldn't justify spending the money on tickets, gas, etc. So when my birthday came after only dating my BF for 4 mths and he told me that my gift didn't come, so he just gave me a card. Then after we were done eating, he handed me an envelope from under his placemat and I opened it and there were pictures of Dave Matthews & everyone in the band and the second sheet was confirmation of the tickets he bought me. The concert was SOLD OUT...I had looked earlier in the week thinking maybe I could swing it this year and knew it was sold out. He had one of my friends hunt for them and she found them for him!! I was so excited that I jumped up w/o pushing the chair out first and almost knocked over the table!! It was the BEST gift EVER...until he takes me to London so I can walk across Abbey Road barefoot...I told him that I have to do that so I can die happy!!
The second and third best gifts ever came the following Christmas in the form of my very first diamonds (necklace) from Kay's the three hearts one silver, one gold and one bronze. He picked this out b/c it reminded him of me & him and my DD!! He also got me tickets to go see Rain- A Beatles Experience!!! So awesome!!!!

I tell ya...the boy does GOOD!!!

a down comforter 3 years ago from all my kids sleep with it year round LOVE IT!!

I'm not a very materialistic person, I have never been, I'd rather give gifts then recieve them, everyone knows that, and usually money given to me to help cover bills is what I get, and I appreciate it. My ex husband was the worst at remembering my birthday, in fact after almost 8 years together, he was filling out paperwork at work for insurance, and had to call me for my date of birth... anyways, in 2005 he was stationed in Iraq. We didn't get to talk much, he didn't have internet, and was only able to call once every 3-4 weeks. On my birthday that year, he had a dozen pink roses sent to me at work with a very sweet card attached. I couldn't figure out how he had done it (I could see where he spent his money cause all he had was a debit card, and I had to balance our checkbook). After he was back stateside, I finally got out of him how he did it. He became a "slave" to one of his friends and worked off the money he spent on the flowers for me so he could use his friends credit card to order them so I would be clueless.

Needless to say, that was probably the nicest thing he ever did for me, and probably why we are divorced today. I'm hoping this Christmas an engagement ring shows up under the tree, and if it does, that will top all of my gifts EVER!

My husband is the best gift I have ever received :)

a dalmation puppy when I was 8..
or a bell off Santa's sleigh (like in the book The Polar Express)..
or a 'Yak-Bak' that Santa recorded "HO-HO-HO" on...

My parents always had the best, orginal gifts when I was growing up :)

My best Christmas present is my son, born 19 years ago December 1. My best birthday present was my husband - we eloped 2.5 weeks before my 22nd birthday.

My dd is a bonus gift!!!

My husband hand made me a jewelery box with my favorite print (Starry Night) in the window and my engagement ring inside :)

When I was 5 my gramps sold his farm and gave me a pony, among other toys for the family! :) That was the bestest gift EVER! :D

My KIDS. :)
My kids will be turning three years old on Dec. 13th...they are my miracles. We had some issues with fertility and had two failed treatment options before we finally went with IVF. I was due Dec. 30th, got put on bedrest Sept. 27th for pre-term labor and managed to get all the way into December before they delivered the kids by c-section...then on Christmas Eve (just 11 days later) I landed back in the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. I was stuck in my hospital room for another 24 hours after the surgery, so I couldn't be home for Christmas Eve or Christmas morning. So on Christmas morning DH and my mom packed the kids up and brought them to me at the hospital...not exactly the Christmas morning I had been counting on, but the important thing was that we were all together!!!

When I turned 24 - my husband (then fiance) gave me a great gift for my b-day - our Maine Coon cat named Colibri. His parents used to show cats and breed them and she was living in their basement not having much of a life. He adopted her for me - brought her home and she was with us another almost 9 years til she died of cancer at age 15 1/2. She was an awesome pet (our beloved "daughter" before we had kids) - she was my buddy til the very end. Saw me through all 3 kids being born and loved them so. She was ill when I was pregnant with my last child (my daughter) and I swear Colibri hung in there to make sure Madolyn made it all right and that I would have a daughter to replace her. I know it probably sounds nuts but she was such an awesome cat - miss her bunches and she's been gone 7 1/2 years now. (And we can't have another as my oldest son has terrible cat allergies yet was never allergic to her).

I am a single parent and I think my onlychild/daughter was around 6 years old ....and one mother's day mornig, she made me breakfast in bed!! she poured a bowl of cereal & milk for me, put it on a tray and brought it to me while was in bed (around 5 or 6 am!) and she had made some home made cards for me..... All this without anyone even saying it was mother's day before hand! she came up with the idea all by herself! I was so proud of her!
Tara

My absolute favorite present was my DH's vasectomy. By the time I had my 4th child on every type of birth control I could find I was truly ready.

It was a little ironic since I had a hysterectomy later. Now I tell my DH neither one of us can have any babies.

Having just watched "The Nativity Story" I have to say the greatest gift I have ever been given was Jesus Christ. :) Then my three sweet, dear boys which includes my dear husband, my laptop (last year), our families continued health and delivery from destitute times when I was a child. ;)

erin.tpc said:
My Kitchenaid is the best present I've ever gotten as well! I am always able to figure my husband out - even when I don't want to! He had found an incredible deal for the mixer online & had it shipped to his mom's house. He even placed a tiny wrapped decoy box on top of a kitchen cabinet purposefully to throw me off. (I should have known, ha!) So, when he brought it out of the closet on my birthday, I was truly SHOCKED! :D It has become a staple in my kitchen...my only other favorite besides my Pampered Chef.

I would say the same thing about my kitchenaid. I also love to bake and had wanted one forever. About 3 years ago, my best friend got me one and a really nice one at that. She was so excited to give it to me that she gave it to me almost a month early!!!!:) It's definitely the best because she was very thoughtful to get me one and knew I'd wanted one for years but wouldn't break down and buy it for myself!!!!:)

raebates said:
You know, of course, that the bad ones are much easier to remember than the good ones. LOL!

I think one of my favorites was from my DS. He was in first grade. They had a Santa Shop for kids to buy little things for family members. He bought me "something to cook with, since you're a really good cook." What he thought was some "jelly or something" was a small jar of horseradish. i still have the empty jar. It took me a long time to use it up, but I love that he really thought it through.

BTW, he's 22 and still good at thinking through gifts. He's just better at reading the labels now. ;)

Mine is similar. When my DS was about 5 he bought me a little ceramic white piggy bank. I still have it displayed in my living room after 9 years. He picked it out especially for me & was the best ever. I love it!

My favourite present was a surprise holiday that my husband booked for my 30th birthday this year. He whisked me off to Cuba for 2 weeks and we had a magical time.

Coming in a close second is my KitchenAid mixer that my parents got me.

The best present I ever got was from my son. When he was in kindergarten he made me a poem with his hand prints. I cried so hard. I saved it in his scrapbook.

I would have to say my DD. After trying for almost 4 years and giving up, I have to say she was the biggest and best surprise gift ever. Now we have been trying for almost 2 years for a little brother or sister. Hopefully I get another beautiful gift soon.

1. What is the best present you have ever gotten?

The best present I have ever received was a wrap for my engagement ring. I had always wanted one, but we couldn't afford it. On Christmas morning, my husband surprised me with a note in a box of history documentaries that led me to the wrap. I was so happy that I cried!

2. Was there a specific reason why this present was so special to you?

Yes, not only because it was something I had always wanted, but also because it was a thoughtful and unexpected gift from my husband. He knew how much I loved my engagement ring and wanted to make it even more special.

3. Can you share another memorable gift you have received?

Yes, when we got married, a lovely lady from our church crocheted our last name for us as a gift. She then continued to make handmade gifts for our children, including a quilt with embroidered animals for our son, Cole. It meant a lot to me because this lady is like a grandmother to me, and the gifts were made with so much love and care.

4. How did you react when you received these gifts?

I was overwhelmed with emotion both times. I cried tears of joy because these gifts were so thoughtful and heartfelt. They were also a reminder of the special people in my life who went out of their way to make me feel loved and appreciated.

5. Do these gifts hold a special place in your heart?

Absolutely. These gifts are not just material possessions, but they hold sentimental value and remind me of the love and kindness of the people who gave them to me. I will always cherish them and the memories associated with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
Replies