• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

60 Year of Marriage... Just Had to Share!

In summary, a married couple who had been together for over 60 years shared everything except for a shoe box in the closet. When the wife became sick and thought she wouldn't recover, she showed her husband the contents of the box - two crocheted dolls and $95,000. The husband was moved by the fact that she only got angry with him twice in their marriage. However, when he asked about the money, she revealed that she made it from selling the dolls. The conversation then shifts to a funny prayer about understanding and forgiving husbands, with a side conversation about crocheting dolls. The conversation ends with a joke about a couple who have been married for 55 years and know the difference between good and bad sex.
ahammons
A friend e-mailed this to me. It's too funny not to share...

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years.

They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.
For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover.
In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box.
When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling $95, 000.He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said, "my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll."
The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. He thought she had only been angry with him twice in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness. "Honey," he said, "that explains the dolls, but what about all of this money? Where did it
come from?"

"Oh," she said, "that's what I made from selling the dolls."

A Prayer...

Dear Lord, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man; Love to forgive him;And Patience for his moods; Because Lord, if I pray for Strength,
I'll beat him to death, because I don't know how to crochet

I've read that one before. It is so funny!

And it has some truth to it! lol :D A friend and I actually just had a nice venting session about our hubbies (nothing too bad. lol)... at the end of the conversation, we said we'd start crocheting our dolls! :p

Here are some hand-designed patterns to get you started. :D

Their neighbors were sitting on the front porch one evening, just rocking and enjoying the evening. Suddenly, the little old lady (LOL) stood up, shuffled over and stood in front of the little old man (LOM) and clobbered him, right across the kisser. Then she shuffled back to her chair, sat down and resumed rocking. A few minutes later, the LOM said, "What was that for?"She replied, "That's for 55 years of bad sex!"They both resumed rocking. Suddenly, the LOM stood up, shuffled over and stood in front of wife and clobbered her, right across the kisser. Then he shuffled back to his chair, sat down and resumed rocking. A few minutes later, the LOL said, "What was that for?"He replied, "For knowin' the difference!"

1. Can you give me some gift ideas for a 60th wedding anniversary?

Some popular gift ideas for a 60th wedding anniversary include personalized items such as a photo album or a custom-made piece of jewelry. Other ideas include planning a special trip or experience, such as a romantic dinner or a weekend getaway.

2. How should I celebrate my parents' 60th wedding anniversary?

There are many ways to celebrate a 60th wedding anniversary, but some ideas include throwing a party with family and friends, renewing their vows, or creating a special tribute video or photo album. You can also plan a special outing or activity that your parents enjoy.

3. What is the traditional gift for a 60th wedding anniversary?

The traditional gift for a 60th wedding anniversary is diamonds. This can include diamond jewelry, a diamond-studded watch, or even a diamond-themed decoration for the home. However, you can also choose to give a gift that is more personal and meaningful to the couple.

4. What is the modern gift for a 60th wedding anniversary?

The modern gift for a 60th wedding anniversary is also diamonds, which reflects the enduring and timeless love of the couple. Other modern gift ideas could include a diamond-shaped decoration or a diamond-inspired experience, such as a diamond mine tour or a diamond-themed cooking class.

5. How should I involve my parents in the celebration of their 60th wedding anniversary?

It's important to involve your parents in the celebration of their 60th wedding anniversary, as it is their special day. You can ask them for input on the guest list, decorations, and activities, or you could have them participate in the planning process. You could also ask them to share stories or memories from their marriage during the celebration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampermeplease
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies