• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can a little old woman's secret keep a marriage strong for over 60 years?

In summary, this is a conversation between a group of friends discussing how to stay married. One of the friends shares a joke about a couple who never argues, and the wife's secret to a happy marriage. They also share personal experiences and advice on how to maintain a strong and healthy marriage. The conversation ends with one of the friends sharing the joke with her husband in Iraq, bringing some laughter to his day.
chefann
Gold Member
I got this from my Mom and thought it was hilarous. I don't usually pass along jokes/forwarded stuff, but I thought that if anyone would get a kick out of this, it would be my PC friends. Enjoy!

===
*HOW TO STAY MARRIED*

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years.They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover. In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside.

She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When
he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling $95,000. He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said, "my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll."

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness.

"Honey," he said, "that explains the doll, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?"

"Oh," she said, "that's the money I made from selling the dolls."

A Prayer.......
Dear Lord, I pray for
Wisdom to understand my man;
Love to forgive him;
And Patience for his moods;
Because Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death.
And I don't know how to crochet. Amen!

===
:D

Ann, that is too cute! Love it!

That is GREAT! Love it:)

I love that!!That's so cute!! I needed a laugh!! A very wise, sweet and dear friend from the church we used to attend told me to write a list of all the good qualities my husband has and look at that list everytime I am angry with him. I wrote things like:
1. Loves the Lord
2. Is faithful
3. Is honest
4. Is hard working and always provides for our family
5. Loves my kids as his own (his stepchildren)

And so on until I came up with well over 75. I folded that up and kept it with me through the beginning of our marriage and had to look at that list quite a few times when I was angry. But now the list has been sitting in a box for a few years. The two years of our marriage was hard because I was so insecure and hurt from past abusive relationships, and had not healed completely until the Lord helped me. My husband stuck it out cause he loved me and I am so blessed to have him in my life!!

Debbie :D

That reminds me of that LDS commercial that used to run where the wife knit when she got anrgy and the husband gardened. Everything in their house is made of knit things and their yard has these huge bush sculptures of animals. It makes me laugh & cry!!

Debbie, I'm glad you finally found a healthy, supportive relationship. <hug>

My favorite part of the joke Mom passed was "If I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death." :D Somehow, I picture a furious woman wailing on a man with a crocheted doll like a club.

Oh - and I DO know how to crochet. :)

chefann said:
My favorite part of the joke Mom passed was "If I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death." :D Somehow, I picture a furious woman wailing on a man with a crocheted doll like a club.

I pictured a man being beaten with the family skillet. :D

jentapp said:
I pictured a man being beaten with the family skillet. :D
If you try to hit me with one of those. I'll just wok away.

Lol Kg!!! :D

Groan!:rolleyes:

Very cute Ann, thanks for the laugh tonight.

Very punny, TKG!<snort!>

TY - bad puns are just one more service I humbly provide.

Ann that was cute I really liked it
Gillian I havent seen that commercial but I do love the LD commercials they always make me cry

I emailed this to hubby, he thought it was hilarious (he's in Iraq). Thanks for making him laugh--I'm sure he needed it (though his question was just how many dolls I've sold over the years lol).

Related to How can a little old woman's secret keep a marriage strong for over 60 years?

1. How can we improve communication in our marriage?

Effective communication is essential for a successful marriage. It's important to actively listen to your partner, be open and honest about your feelings, and work together to find solutions to any issues that arise. Regularly checking in with each other and setting aside time to talk can also help improve communication in your marriage.

2. What are some ways to keep the romance alive in a long-term marriage?

It's easy for the romance to fade in a long-term marriage, but it's important to make an effort to keep the spark alive. Plan regular date nights, surprise each other with thoughtful gestures, and make time for intimacy. Showing appreciation and affection for each other can help keep the romance alive.

3. How do we handle conflicts and disagreements in our marriage?

It's natural for conflicts and disagreements to arise in any marriage. The key is to communicate calmly and respectfully, listen to each other's perspectives, and work towards finding a compromise. It's also important to take breaks if needed and revisit the issue when both parties are calm and ready to discuss it.

4. What can we do to maintain a strong connection in our marriage?

Making time for each other is crucial for maintaining a strong connection in your marriage. This can include doing activities together, having meaningful conversations, and supporting each other's goals and interests. It's also important to show appreciation and express gratitude for your partner regularly.

5. How do we handle changes and challenges in our marriage?

Marriage is a journey that will have its share of changes and challenges. It's important to communicate openly and support each other during these times. Remember to work together as a team and be patient and understanding with each other. Seeking outside help from a therapist or counselor can also be beneficial in navigating challenges in your marriage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • DessertDivaFL