• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request: Heart Cath for My Dad on Friday at 8AM

Dad is doing well and is already home. He's feeling a little tired but otherwise good. Please continue to pray for him and the family.
jrstephens
My dad is having a heart cath Friday morning. The dr said he wanted to do it to be safe. He had his 6 month tests in Feb and they did not show anything but he has a history of those test not showing anything even when there is a blockage, so, the dr wants to do the heart cath with the way he has been feeling.

It will be Friday morning at 8. Please pray for him. He has 3 stents already. There is always the chance that if a stent is blocked of open heart surgery but if it is a blockage somewhere else they can put another stent in. Please pray that all will be clear.

Also, his dr has changed hospitals that he goes to, so, he will have to go to a different hospital and we are concerned about that too b/c of issues people have with the hospital (specifically with the nurses on the cardia care floor) and their rate of staff infections. This is the same hospital that I had Cole in and the quality of care was a lot different there than when I had Luke.

I appreciate all of the prayer that I know will be coming my family's way!:angel:

I will keep your dad and the rest of your family in our prayers in the days to come. My uncle had heart surgery not too long ago, and I know that it is stressful not just for the patient but for everyone! Hang in there and keep us posted on his status. Sending prayers, hugs and positive thoughts your way...

Jennifer,

Prayers sent to your family and your dad. You know after my dad passing in April I will for sure be praying for you all.

Put it on my phone timer (if I ever lose this phone, I'm going to be "done for") for 8 AM Friday...prayers coming his/your way!

I'll be praying for him, you, the rest of the family, and the doctors.

Jennifer,
I will definitely be praying for your family and the doctors. I know what you're going through. My Dad had open heart surgery 2 years ago w/ 5 bypasses and they just found out last week, after a heart cath & stress test, that 1 of them has collapsed. Luckily, that area is still getting blood supply through other arteries & they think they can treat it with medication. Still, it's scary to think about him living with a collapsed artery or the possibility of surgery again if the medication doesn't help. I pray that everything goes well with your Dad and there are no blockages.

Prayers for your dad Jennifer. Please let us know how everything goes on Friday.

Jennifer...I pray that he gets a clean bill of health...and that everything goes smoothly at the hospital!

{{{HUGS}}} to you and your dad!

Bumping for more prayers. I leave at 6 am in the morning. It is scheduled for 8 am. Of course, we all know it will probably be later.

Thanks for your prayers!

I'll be praying for your dad and your family. I hope all goes well!

Jennifer, I pray that God will work in the hearts and minds of those nurses that they will be extra careful with your father and that no infection will come near his body or his room! I pray for a clear test and no blockage when the carth test is being performed. I pray for losening of any blockage that might be there, and bind any further blockage from forming in the name of Jesus.

It is written that by His stripes, we were healed- so I claim that healing for your father in the name of Jesus as well.

I pray for your family and for everyone involved in this situation, and that every hospital staff person, nurse and doctor would be sanitized and free of bacteria- I also pray that every hand, instrument or surgical tool that touches your father will be super clean and bacteria free. I pray that for no reason other than simple desire that someone double cleans and double checks everything pertaining to your father's room and surgical implements and the O.R. just to be safe and to ensure it's cleanliness.

I pray for peace for your family and for a successful cath with no ill side effeects or discomfort.

Amen! :)

Dad is doing fine. He had to have another stent put in. They put in one of the medicated stents. There was a blockage above a current stent, but thankfully it was not in the stent. They removed some scar tissue out of another stent too. He has to stay in the hospital overnight and they will be home tomorrow some time.

Thanks for all of your prayers! They do work!!!!

That is wonderful news Jennifer! Thanks for the update.

Praise the Lord! I'm so glad all went well~ I'll continue to pray for his stay at the hospital and that all those germy people stay away! :)

germ_squishing_around_sm_nwm.gif
(although this germ is cute, we don't want any of them going near your Dad! :)

Yeah ! ! ! Now praying for a SPEEDY recovery! Thanks for the update!

Jennifer,
I hope your dad has a speedy recovery.
I just now got on and saw this post, I'll be thinking about your family and saying a prayer :)

I'll be praying for your dad and family too.

Thanks everyone.

I called my mom about 9 and they were about to try to get some rest. I will update tomorrow when he gets to come home!

Glad for the good news. I'll continue to keep everyone in prayer.

Talked to mom this morning. They are waiting on the dr to make his rounds and hoping to get out today as planned. Dad is feeling sick to his stomach but they think it is the pain medicine.

My dad is at home and wanting me to leave the kids with he & mom while we go to a wedding b/c he has missed them! So, that's what we will do. Thanks for your prayers! Andkeep them coming. He cannot do much of anything or pick up anything over 10 pounds for the next three weeks.

Whoo-hoo! Glad to hear he's doing better and is home! Pain med's hurt my stomach too somedays- I would take them with milk and a few saltine's!

So glad to hear of his successful surgery. Sorry I missed the original post, so now I'll offer a prayer of thanksgiving.

1. Can you provide a specific prayer for my dad's health?

At Pampered Chef, we understand the power of prayer and the importance of specific requests. We encourage you to include details about your dad's health in your prayer, such as his name, any specific conditions he may be facing, and your hopes for his recovery.

2. How can I incorporate prayer into my dad's daily routine?

We recommend finding a quiet moment each day to pray for your dad, whether it's during your morning routine, before bed, or any time that works for you. You can also encourage your dad to set aside time for prayer and offer to pray with him if he is open to it.

3. Is it okay to ask others to pray for my dad?

Absolutely! Asking others to join you in praying for your dad can provide added support and comfort during this difficult time. You can reach out to friends, family, or your community for prayers and support.

4. How can I stay positive and have faith while praying for my dad's healing?

It can be challenging to stay positive and have faith during difficult times, but remember that prayer is a powerful tool. Trust in God's plan and continue to pray for your dad's healing. Surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people can also help you maintain a positive mindset.

5. Can Pampered Chef offer any resources for praying for my dad?

Unfortunately, we do not have any specific resources for praying for loved ones at this time. However, we encourage you to seek guidance and support from your faith community or local resources for additional help and inspiration during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • GourmetGirl