• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with a Sinus Infection and Short-Handed at Work

In summary, Andrea is sick and is feeling tired and out of it. Her boss is in Australia, and one of her co-workers is having a hard time dealing with her husband's death. She is also feeling stressed because she is short on sleep. Janet is also sick, but is feeling better because she took some medication and used a Neti pot. They all hope things are going to be easy for Andrea.
candiejayne
I am so sick. I have a sinus infection and I really want to stay home from work. Since I don't have health insurance, I have to wait until tomorrow when the free clinic here opens to go get some meds.

My problem is that we are so short handed at work right now I don't feel as if I can call in. The only thing that is helping me now is NyQuil and it makes me so tired and out of it.

My boss is in Austraila until next week, and one of my co-worker's husband passed away over the weekend. That only leaves 3 of us in the office, and on busy days like Mondays, we have a hard time keeping up with just 3.

Lets all hope that it's a fairly easy day at work for me, and I don't have to do any major thinking, otherwise I'm going to screw something up.

I really wish I could go back to bed though.

I understand how you feel. I didn't want to come into work today either- I had no choice since I was off all last week with my dad's funeral. Hopefully we both have an easy day.

Oh Andrea! Hugs to you, and a prayer. Hope your day goes better (and you feel better) than expected!

Got to run,

Annabel

Have you tried the Dayquil?

I can't take nighttime meds - they do funky things to my body - but the Dayquil was the only thing that helped my head at all.

Hope you feel better soon.

I can understand...I want nothing more to crawl into bed right now. I got to bed at 11:00 p.m. on Saturday night only to be woken up before 2 a.m. with a fire call. Dealing with very little sleep all night I went all day Sunday without any nap, went to bed at 10:00 p.m. last night only to be gone from 1-3:30 a.m. on a medical call. That and the natural stress your body taken dealing with a fatality of a child has me beat.But, up and at work and I can't catch up on sleep until Wednesday night.

I am so sorry Andrea and Janet...I also feel the toll when I go short on sleep.

Andrea, I have heard great things about the Neti Pot. It is a little pot you put water in to flush out your sinuses. One of my colleagues swears by it when he has sinus infections.

Rest and healing to both of you!

Neti Pot or saline spray..... both are great. Get ENTSol for the spray.. It costs more but sprays out and does not get contaminated. Had sinus infections cronically..until I started using these.. and it now has been years since I have had one. Hot compresses too. Wow.. I am so sorry.. hope you get feeling better soon. And I hope things get better for you too Janet. You both are so dedicated!!

Here's to hoping she gets in and gets a Z-pack to just knock it out! :)

Hope you feel better soon! Sinus infections are no fun at all.

I've been at work for an hour and a half now, and just am getting a break, we havent really been busy, but we've been doing paperwork and stuff for my co-worker. Helping her get things in order for the funeral. She seems to be doing alright.

I took some non-drowsy stuff this morning. It still makes my head spin when I move, but I'm feeling alright. I still want a nap though LOL!

Thanks all for wishing me well.

1. What are some remedies for a sinus infection?

Some common remedies for a sinus infection include over-the-counter medications such as decongestants, pain relievers, and saline nasal sprays. You can also try using a humidifier, drinking plenty of fluids, and using a warm compress on your sinuses.

2. How can I manage my sinus infection symptoms while at work?

To manage your symptoms at work, try using a nasal spray or taking a decongestant before starting your shift. You can also keep tissues, cough drops, and water at your desk to help alleviate symptoms. If possible, take breaks to rest and relax your sinuses.

3. Can I still work while struggling with a sinus infection?

It depends on the severity of your symptoms. If you are able to manage your symptoms and feel well enough to work, then it is generally safe to continue working. However, if your symptoms are severe and affecting your ability to function, it may be best to take a day off to rest and recover.

4. What precautions should I take to prevent spreading my sinus infection at work?

Be sure to cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and wash your hands frequently with soap and water. It is also a good idea to avoid close contact with others and to disinfect surfaces that you come in contact with regularly.

5. Is it necessary to see a doctor for a sinus infection?

If your symptoms persist for more than a week or are particularly severe, it is best to see a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment. They may prescribe antibiotics if the infection is bacterial or recommend other treatments to help alleviate your symptoms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
daniellemorgan
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies