• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Illegal Fireworks Ruining My Sleep: A Frustrated Rant

In summary, people in Debbie's city are trying to wind down after the 4th of july only to have illegal fireworks go off outside their window. Debbie is out of the city limits and has no problem with legal fireworks, but people in her city are used to them and they are part of summertime. Debbie is also from New Hampshire where fireworks are legal.
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
Is anybody else trying to wind down only to have illegal fireworks go off outside their window?!?! :mad:

I almost had a heart attack with one of them, it was so loud and sudden! A host was just complaining to me about these, and telling me about the 10pm noise ordinance part of me was like what is the big deal, they are just kids... but after having my heart jump out of me I have half a mind to call the cops on the little buggers myself! If this was tomorrow night I could understand, but geesh, not everyone gets tomorrow off people!

sorry for the venting post, but here I was trying to get a good night's sleep... I just have just gone out tonight with the rest of the world! So much for recouperating from a sinus infection!

Out of city limitsI am out of the city limits so unfortunately they are legal in my neighborhood. Except for the ones you shoot in the air. Those will probably always be banned anywhere. I woke up from my nap to the sound of firecrackers, which seemed to be right outside my window. It was not nice but the kids in my neighborhood unfortunately are not usually supervised.

As long as I don't find firecracker paper or trash in my yard. :eek:

Debbie :D

Well, at least we don't have to worry about fires....it's been so stinkin rainy around southeast texas for the last 2 weeks, everything is saturated! Every time I think i'm going to get to mow my yard, it rains some more. I swear, it's gonna be knee deep before long!

Send some of that rain up here. I can raise a cloud of dust walking on a concrete sidewalk.The Scottish Terriorists go nuts with each bang.

No kidding Tara!! And Houston floods so easily how are you handling things over there? I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen more flooding here in SA.

KG, you are so enlightening!

sprinkle, sprinkle, sprinkle,

Here comes the rain!

:p

Chef Kearns said:
No kidding Tara!! And Houston floods so easily how are you handling things over there? I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen more flooding here in SA.

Ya know, here in HOuston, there's been enough rain to keep us saturated, but not enough to flood. There's high water here and there once in a while, but not bad. HOwever, if we were to get a prolonged storm, that would be a different story! All the bayous are running pretty full....

I'm not sure what I'd rather have....the heat, or the rain.

Thanks - we need the rain so we can can grow lots of corn, then watch all our sweet corn go to the ethanol plant.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Thanks - we need the rain so we can can grow lots of corn, then watch all our sweet corn go to the ethanol plant.

What a depressing thought on the day before the 4th of july...

I live in New Hampshire, where fireworks are legal. I actually just got home from a party where they were shooting them off, and I was thinking of how sorry I felt for the neighbors. But the truth is around here we're used to it, and you don't buy a house on the lake without expecting all of that to come with it. It's all part of summertime.

Sort of like drive-by firecrackers.

I live in a state that if they go over 10ft in the air you better expect a fine unless you are professional doing it for a SHOW... in Oregon they can only go 5ft tops!! Now in Washington it is no hold bards what ever they want.. I live on the Oregon/Washington Boarder

I was just talking with DH about how the dogs are going to go nuts the next couple of days. We live in a rural area, so we hear all sorts of fireworks. Oh well, it will get worse, I am sure when the three boys (7, 3 and 1.5) get older. :)

I hope you all are able to get some rest soon.

KG, I would gladly give you some of our rain we get in Washington State, however, it hasn't rained in a few days. Sorry! :)

I live in good ol Bama and there is never not a fireworks place open....and I think some individual city's ban it in the city limits but in the country its fair game...we shoot our own off every year...usually in my neighbors goat field but we have been so dry(despite 2 days of rain) that this year we will go to my grandparents and shoot them off their pier over the water..... but I must admit I wouldn't like them going off under my window even though I hear them just about every night in the distance.....

That is so funny because I was just reading the first post when a HUGE BOOM sounded. They wouldn't bother me too bad except that now I have 3 dogs and it's driving them nuts! So then they bark all night long. Of course then it wakes up my 19 month old baby. They are legal here but we have a lot of the illegal (or "imported") ones from Mexico. It's 11:15 p.m. Enough already!! I still have to hear them for another week or so. People here don't even care if there's a $1000 fine!

Tara1021 said:
Well, at least we don't have to worry about fires....it's been so stinkin rainy around southeast texas for the last 2 weeks, everything is saturated! Every time I think i'm going to get to mow my yard, it rains some more. I swear, it's gonna be knee deep before long!

My 7 year old daughter is visiting my MIL in Kerrville right now. All she can talk about is the Texas fireworks! Hope it doesn't rain on her parade!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I live in a state that if they go over 10ft in the air you better expect a fine unless you are professional doing it for a SHOW... in Oregon they can only go 5ft tops!! Now in Washington it is no hold bards what ever they want.. I live on the Oregon/Washington Boarder
Just step across the border and launch a big Dago Bomb!

(I know, that probably isn't PC anymore, but when I was a kid, a Roman Candle was better known as a Dago Bomb with no disrespect meant toward anyone. One of my favorite Jean Shepherd short stories is entitled, "Ludlow Kissel and The Dago Bomb That Struck Back." It's a hilarious story about launching fireworks for the 4th of July.)

Our dog will be up half the night tonight and tomorrow night barking at the (illegal) fireworks going off!! After we went through this last year, I swore to my DH that we would be OUT OF TOWN on the 4th, but here we are!! Kinda hard to get away when you have to work the 3rd and the 5th! Oh well, Happy Birthday USA!!:)

Jill

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Just step across the border and launch a big Dago Bomb!

(I know, that probably isn't PC anymore, but when I was a kid, a Roman Candle was better known as a Dago Bomb with no disrespect meant toward anyone. One of my favorite Jean Shepherd short stories is entitled, "Ludlow Kissel and The Dago Bomb That Struck Back." It's a hilarious story about launching fireworks for the 4th of July.)

I Cant' do that... I will get a huge butt fine.......

I thought that was the advantage of living on the state line! ;)

Not in the Pacific Northwest it isn't..... I do not want to pay a five up to 1000.00 for firing illegal fireworks......

Kerrville,
Our neighbors just came home from there last night they have a family ranch. we go often to the Hill country leaving today in fact for Austin to camp but will daytrip to the antique stores in Fredeicksburg & Kerrville!! (unless I fill up all our extra space with bargains from the outlet mall in San Marcos) .

On the fireworks, I nearly stroked out Sunday night DH and the kids went to one of the fireworks stands owned by a friend. If you spend $75 you got $5 in FREE fireworks. I went on a rant about what a bargain that coupon was NOT!! & what a watse of $$ to go up in smoke......
My husband looked at me with the straightest of faces and said consider it our Yankee candles :) My kids said and the fireworks smell better, to which I snarled but my Yankees don't SMOKE!!!

Well, I live in the city limits, so fireworks are illegal. Occasionally there are some strays, but I don't think I'll have to worry to much tonight. It's pouring outside....UGH!!!

In Rhode Island they are illegal. But believe me you would never know. There are probably more fireworks hitting the sky here then in states where they are legal! I think my poor dog still has her tail between her legs!

Teresa Lynn said:
Kerrville,
Our neighbors just came home from there last night they have a family ranch. we go often to the Hill country leaving today in fact for Austin to camp but will daytrip to the antique stores in Fredeicksburg & Kerrville!! (unless I fill up all our extra space with bargains from the outlet mall in San Marcos) .

On the fireworks, I nearly stroked out Sunday night DH and the kids went to one of the fireworks stands owned by a friend. If you spend $75 you got $5 in FREE fireworks. I went on a rant about what a bargain that coupon was NOT!! & what a watse of $$ to go up in smoke......
My husband looked at me with the straightest of faces and said consider it our Yankee candles :) My kids said and the fireworks smell better, to which I snarled but my Yankees don't SMOKE!!!
When you light your Yankee candle in the tent tonight, tell him to go outside and read his book by firecracker.

We went to the Yankee Candle outlet and I bought 10 of the large jar candles 6 of them were $5 EACH!!
:)

I can't complain about illegal fireworks. Every year my dad drives down to Indiana to buy fireworks that are illegal in MI. He sets them off for all the grandkids. My parents live in the country, so he isn't bothering anyone. My neighbors had some huge fireworks, and my kids enjoyed them very much. It was very loud, though. Six or seven years ago, I would have been quite upset, though.

Well I didn't have to worry about it because we couldn't do any fireworks for the past week since the flood cut off the water for the fire hydrants they banned all fireworks in the county, ughh, so we didn't even get a fireworks show, went out to my aunt's and shot off some in the next county, but most of the towns around postponed their shows for later dates.

Teresa Lynn said:
We went to the Yankee Candle outlet and I bought 10 of the large jar candles 6 of them were $5 EACH!!
:)

OUTLET???? I want to go to the outlet!!! Where is it? San Marcos???

All types of fireworks except the ones done by the proffensionals here in Elko.

Related to Illegal Fireworks Ruining My Sleep: A Frustrated Rant

1. What are illegal fireworks?

Illegal fireworks are fireworks that are not approved by the government and are not legal to use or possess. These can include homemade fireworks, professional-grade fireworks, and fireworks that are not labeled with safety warnings.

2. Why are illegal fireworks dangerous?

Illegal fireworks are dangerous because they are not subject to safety regulations and can be made with dangerous materials. They can also be unpredictable and cause unexpected explosions, leading to injuries and property damage.

3. How do illegal fireworks affect my sleep?

Illegal fireworks can disrupt sleep by producing loud noises and bright lights that can startle and awaken people. They can also cause anxiety and stress, making it difficult to fall asleep or stay asleep.

4. What can I do about illegal fireworks disturbing my sleep?

If illegal fireworks are disturbing your sleep, you can report them to the authorities, such as the police or fire department. You can also try using earplugs or white noise to block out the noise, or speak to your neighbors about the disturbance.

5. Is there a specific time when fireworks are not allowed?

Yes, there are usually noise ordinances in place that restrict the use of fireworks during certain hours, typically after 10pm. These ordinances are meant to protect the peace and quiet of the community, especially during late hours when people are trying to sleep.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Intrepid_Chef